Drew Richmond

The fact he's been a bust and still gets all the playing time he wants....should be a good indicator of the talent we have on the O-line. Going to take, at the very least, 2 maybe 3 recruiting years to be rid the stench of this O-Line and all of Butch's handy work.

Reactions: Jax_Vol
While Drew has not played well this year (undisciplined, lack of effort, missed assignments etc) he’s a microcosm of the issues with the OL and I’m just not comfortable slamming on a young man who loves the Vols and is a VFL. And I agree yesterday was not solely on his shoulders. IMO there were two plays that flipped the game. Obviously the interception KILLED us. Absolutely killed us. But after we scored in the second half and cut it to 8 I think on the next possession we had MO 3 and like 7 or 8 and missed 3 HUGE game changing tackles that would have set up 4th down and we’d had fairly good field position. MO went on to score and we were done. Lights out game over. Certainly two plays don’t win or lose a game like this but those 2 killed us.

While Drew has not played well this year (undisciplined, lack of effort, missed assignments etc) he’s a microcosm of the issues with the OL and I’m just not comfortable slamming on a young man who loves the Vols and is a VFL. And I agree yesterday was not solely on his shoulders. IMO there were two plays that flipped the game. Obviously the interception KILLED us. Absolutely killed us. But after we scored in the second half and cut it to 8 I think on the next possession we had MO 3 and like 7 or 8 and missed 3 HUGE game changing tackles that would have set up 4th down and we’d had fairly good field position. MO went on to score and we were done. Lights out game over. Certainly two plays don’t win or lose a game like this but those 2 killed us.
It’s been said that 3 to 5 plays usually decide a game between teams of comparable ability.

You named 2 already. I’d add the onside kick that we somehow didn’t recover despite falling on the ball and the fumble that Mizzou returned for 6.
Between those four plays we’re talking about a point swing of at least 31 points.

That being said, I don’t think we win even if those plays go our way, but it certainly would’ve been more competitive.

Reactions: tennrich1
can someone enlighten me here. Why does all the blame for the offensive line get pushed to richmond . In example the 2 plays early on when JG was in. nothing to do with richmond but i come on here and its a roast of drew richmond.

can someone enlighten me here. Why does all the blame for the offensive line get pushed to richmond . In example the 2 plays early on when JG was in. nothing to do with richmond but i come on here and its a roast of drew richmond.
To be fair... I wondered what the fuss was about, since I generally try to follow the ball during the play. Then, after hearing all the fuss about Richmond, I sent time watching his play by play... he was missing just about every block, just looked bad. Then, during the KY game I think he really put in a good effort and it showed in his blocking.

But... I feel the criticism is fair.

VN Store

Back