Drayton brought to tears by Meyer?

I normally don't post much but............

lawgator1 - please explain

"much ado about nothing"

"suffer fools gladly"

Come on, this is a sports forum. :crazy:

What is your intent here?

I find it amusing......... :stop:

never mind!!!

LOL, no. Its just that people are relying on some pretty thin evidence to make these claims. First, we have fan message boards claiming that Meyer basically said good riddance to some of the senior football players. No verification whatsoever, just being repeated on rival fan message boards. Forgive me for being skeptical.

Then, we have critical comments from a former player with every reason in the world to hold a grudge against UF (I mean really, at UF, to get kicked off the team for failed drug tests, you evidently have to be toking a joint 24/7/365). He makes claims that absolutely no one is supporting. No coach, no other player. Nothing.

I'm not saying that Meyer isn't a hard task master and perhaps he can be harsh when demanding perfection. Seems to me that if you compare that attitude with Mr. Clipboard-under-the-arm-clapping-after-every-fumble (a/k/a Fulmer) then, well, you figure out the rest ...
I do not put any stock in any of this except that the two of them were not buddies. It does not look bad on UM to me.

First, as some of you have pointed out, the source of this information is a player kicked off the team for repeatedly failing drug tests.

Second, Urban Meyer does not strike me as the kind of coach who would keep someone around if he was that upset with the guy. Does that make sense to you?

Third, if Meyer hated the man that much and belittled him, etc., why would he have hired him to begin with?

Fourth, even assuming its all true, do you really think that the new RB coach at UT, with a grudge against the head coach at another team, is going to work any harder to win? I mean, if you need that as your motivation, at this level, to be innovative and win SEC football games, God help you the rest of the year when you don't have similar grudges to worry about.

I find the whole thing ridiculous, petty, suspicious, and in the end much ado about nothing anyway.

This would all make sense if Urban is the egotistical, arrogant cocky Son of a :censored: that he seems like he could very well be...especially off camera

The last I saw of the threads about these comments from UM about the seniors who did not contribute to the team, it seemed no one could verify that he said it. The only places talking about those comments were message boards, all copying one another -- no actual news or reporting service had anything about it.

Anyone see if someone found a link to an even remotely reputable source that Meyer said such things?
The original message board post claimed to be a loose transcript of what was said in a post game locker room interview. We should probably try and find a copy of that radio interview to really discern what he said.

He's still an arrogant a**hat, though. :)

Not at all. He does not suffer fools gladly. If he did not think the guy was a good coach and was belittling him constantly to the point that he made him cry, I think UM would have kicked himn out long ago. It just makes no sense to say that he disliked or disrespected the man so much that he was made the RB coach at one of the top athletic programs in the country.

I disagree. He is such as pompous ass that he think he can be a jerk and still keep people on his staff because his team is too good for his staff to leave.

Anyone see if someone found a link to an even remotely reputable source that Meyer said such things?

I was looking for the actual comments. There was a link to some terrible audio after the Michigan game where you couldn't make out what anybody was saying, and then there was a "quote" posted with that link.

I haven't been able to verify myself if or what he said.

:ermm:

I don't like UM. However, I choose not to believe this blog b/c I refuse to believe that UM could ever make our (now) RB Coach cry.

Our (now) running backs coach is a man's man, right? He doesn't cry easily, I'm sure. Right, fellow Vols fans? Any perceived tears were merely the result of the strength of will that it took to bring his Chuch Norris-like manliness into submission and not roundhouse said head coach who obviosuly could never make the manly (now) UTK running backs coach cry.

Right?

I think this is much to-do about nothing.

I find the whole thing ridiculous, petty, suspicious, and in the end much ado about nothing anyway.

Agreed. Let the men settle it on the field. That's all there is to it. I don't really care about their working relationship, it's no secret they didn't end things well. Detriment is only being added to both programs, and will impact recruiting if this tirade continues.

Meyer better produce big time next year with Tebow---the UF fans are already angry about losing 4 games. Meyer won the title with Zook's players---he needs to step it up and win big with his own recruits, or UF fans will run him off soon.

Surely I'm not the only one a little skeptical about a guy willing to air soooo much laundry about his former employer. That goes on everywhere, but to make it so public is not good. What makes us think he'll be different here? Loose lips sink ships.

Drayton hasn't said a word about Urban Meyer. This is coming from third parties.

It seems Drayton didn't like working for the man. So he found another job working for someone else. But he hasn't slagged Meyer at all, and I doubt he will. If he has a personal issue with Meyer, he'll vent it by doing everything he can to help UT kick Florida's ass.

I normally don't post much but............

lawgator1 - please explain

"much ado about nothing"

"suffer fools gladly"

Come on, this is a sports forum. :crazy:

What is your intent here?

I find it amusing......... :stop:

never mind!!!

Sir, you ought to post more often. Good observation!

I disagree. He is such as pompous ass that he think he can be a jerk and still keep people on his staff because his team is too good for his staff to leave.

I have tried really hard to understand that but I just can't wrap my pitiful mind around it. Maybe another drink or two would help me ....

:dance2:

ROFL at LG saying people are using "thin evidence."

Pot, meet kettle. He's black, just like you.

Anyone see #4 from LSU rubbing Urabn Meyers head after the National Championship game?

It was pretty funny ole' Urban looked so uncomfortable that I about forgot about the 59 points they put on us. Then I remembered again and put on "Alone" by Heart and cried myself to sleep.

At the press conference Drayton didn't come out and say it, but he explained his final conversation with CUM for a bit, and then cut himself off saying something like, "It's not appropriate for you guys."

He didn't seem too upset with leaving UF let's just put it that way.

First, as some of you have pointed out, the source of this information is a player kicked off the team for repeatedly failing drug tests.

Second, Urban Meyer does not strike me as the kind of coach who would keep someone around if he was that upset with the guy. Does that make sense to you?

Third, if Meyer hated the man that much and belittled him, etc., why would he have hired him to begin with?

Fourth, even assuming its all true, do you really think that the new RB coach at UT, with a grudge against the head coach at another team, is going to work any harder to win? I mean, if you need that as your motivation, at this level, to be innovative and win SEC football games, God help you the rest of the year when you don't have similar grudges to worry about.

I had a boss like that one time. I was his assistant over a 3 shift operation. I had a wife and convictions... his wife left him and he became fond of taking the supervisors to strip clubs. I wouldn't go. Over time, he alienated me so badly that I went back to 3rd shift and eventually transferred.

Yes. The idea of proving myself because of him motivated me often when I might otherwise have coasted a little.

That kind of a grudge isn't always unhealthy and it can be a GREAT motivator.

Meyer is a narcissist. There are some people that just can't live with that.

VN Store

Back