Drayton brought to tears by Meyer?

Just as Fulmer appears to be a retarded inbred oaf with an eating disorder. Can't judge a book by its cover.

Oh, wait a sec. Crap.

I'd be willing to bet that "retarted inbred oaf with an eating disorder" is significantly brighter (and wealthier) than a certain muttonheaded ambulance chaser from Central Florida.

yes he was but he bent JM over many, many times

I don't normally defend Johnny Majors, but I will here. The program he inherited was in terrible shape, while Alabama was annually one of the strongest teams in the country. It was entirely reasonable to expect Bear's teams to beat the crap out of Majors' UT teams those first few years. I remember reading in Majors' book that he inherited more talent taking over at Pitt than he did taking over UT.

One of my first good memories of UT football is of Anthony Hancock dropping a TD pass in the 1979 UT-Bama game with us ahead 17-7. If he'd held onto that ball, I believe we'd have won that game and the road ahead might have been a little less bumpy.

Our first really good team under Majors was in '83, and by that time, Bear was gone. And I won't defend Johnny for those losses to Bill Curry's Bama teams, or that 9-6 debacle in 1990. That was just plain inexplicable.

UF is having trouble attracting the top backs to their offense. In UF's spread offense, that doesn't use a running back on most plays--why would a RB want to go there, when the WR gets the ball most of the time on screens or reverses, or the QB runs. Moody--he's overrated. UF's running game will be bad again next year. It's looking good for a bigtime UT win in Knoxville next year against florida!

I don't normally defend Johnny Majors, but I will here. The program he inherited was in terrible shape, while Alabama was annually one of the strongest teams in the country. It was entirely reasonable to expect Bear's teams to beat the crap out of Majors' UT teams those first few years. I remember reading in Majors' book that he inherited more talent taking over at Pitt than he did taking over UT.

One of my first good memories of UT football is of Anthony Hancock dropping a TD pass in the 1979 UT-Bama game with us ahead 17-7. If he'd held onto that ball, I believe we'd have won that game and the road ahead might have been a little less bumpy.

Our first really good team under Majors was in '83, and by that time, Bear was gone. And I won't defend Johnny for those losses to Bill Curry's Bama teams, or that 9-6 debacle in 1990. That was just plain inexplicable.

I always thought Majors had a Neyland mentality when he faced Bama, play close to the vest, rely on defense, play not to lose. While it worked in single wing era, it didn't with Bama's high powered offenses.

Johnnie did not coach well against the ghost of the Bear, Curry had little to do with that loss....JM lived in fear of Bama long after the Bear departed.

VN Store

Back