Draft king refs vs Vols

But if you go watch it, it was obvious that he got in. There's a point where you can literally see his whole upper body past the goal line. Unless the ball was in his back pocket, it's a TD. There has to be room for at least that much common sense in a replay. Plus, I really think I can see the ball.
1664367066437.png

I simply gave an alternative perspective. However, your last sentence is exactly why it was not overturned: "I really think I can see the ball" does not show that you're convinced beyond all doubt.

Personally (which I have yet to actually say) I do think he was in for the same reasons you gave. Even at the game I was surprised they didn't overturn, but I was also of the belief that if you can't move the ball forward literally 3 inches you don't deserve to win. I also said I wondered why the RBs don't dive over the pile to eliminate the opportunity for that type of call. That being said, at the end of the day all that matters is the opinion of the 8 officials calling the game. My opinion, your opinion, this message board's opinion means literally nothing.

I'm sure they'd be happy to have you work your way through the ranks to do the job for them.

But now we like Danielson? I thought the consensus was he was an idiot...

Shouldn't that say something that even an "idiot" could see the ball on the video replay?

Last edited:
Officiating in general has been beyond subpar lately, especially in the SEC. I’m still not over the blown call in the Ole Miss game last year. That literally decided the game. How do you screw that call up?
What blown call are you referring about? The call back TD?

Their hands may have been tied when they couldn't find an angle that showed the ball. They need to be able to use some common sense on one like that though. The real crime was that the booth didn't buzz down for a replay and forced us to burn a timeout to ask for it.
They couldn't find the ball? Cause on the replay I seen I was easily able to find the ball

But if you go watch it, it was obvious that he got in. There's a point where you can literally see his whole upper body past the goal line. Unless the ball was in his back pocket, it's a TD. There has to be room for at least that much common sense in a replay. Plus, I really think I can see the ball.
And letting someone piece it together like that was the way it was done before replay. People demanded replay because they did not like how the refs pieced it together so they claimed they want it indisputable, but really they just want the refs to see it the same way as they do regardless if it's correct or not.

Last edited:
Really don't think full time refs would be any better. People rant on NBA refs and MLB umpires all the time.
I definitely agree with that; there will always be mistakes and people will always call them out on it. I just want to see an SEC ref crew being more of a destination job. Pay better than everyone else, enough that people could actually make a living at it. Have stringent performance reviews, annual training, work on coordination with the booth/Birmingham so reviews don't butcher the flow of the game, etc etc. If you set it up where being on an SEC crew means you've "made it" then you can draw people to that nationally. That'd at least be a nudge in the right direction.

VN Store

Back