Draft king refs vs Vols

well there is a ref shortage -- send in your application to the SEC office
I'm not the one who's claiming the ones out there now suck. Clearly you can do better from your couch, so you should be able to do great out there. But I'd recommend learning those exceptions that you clearly don't understand yet.

Their hands may have been tied when they couldn't find an angle that showed the ball. They need to be able to use some common sense on one like that though. The real crime was that the booth didn't buzz down for a replay and forced us to burn a timeout to ask for it.

Then they're totally inept and they should be reprimanded or fired. The ball was visible. The white stripe on one side of the ball could be seen for several frames, clearly at least half a foot past the inner side of the goal line. To say nothing of the fact it's clear whatever they're all holding on to is inside the endzone. You have to be really bad at your job or really trying to find a reason not to call that correctly.

touch_down_2.png

Last edited:
Then they're totally inept and they should be reprimanded or fired. The ball was visible. The white stripe on one side of the ball could be seen for several frames, clearly at least half a foot past the inner side of the goal line. To say nothing of the fact it's clear whatever they're all holding on to is inside the endzone.

View attachment 495033

Instant Replay :: Referee Controversy
CFP :: End-of-Season Rank Controversy

Then they're totally inept and they should be reprimanded or fired. The ball was visible. The white stripe on one side of the ball could be seen for several frames, clearly at least half a foot past the inner side of the goal line. To say nothing of the fact it's clear whatever they're all holding on to is inside the endzone. You have to be really bad at your job or really trying to find a reason not to call that correctly.

View attachment 495035
Awful lot of arms in there with white medical tape to say 100% with no assumptions that that is the ball.

Reactions: pimo1
That is 1000% the ball. Just glad it didn't cost us.
But we're not the replay official, so it really doesn't matter what our opinion is, does it? That's the point. That grainy picture where the ball matches a lot of arms right next to it is not definitive.

But we're not the replay official, so it really doesn't matter what our opinion is, does it? That's the point. That grainy picture where the ball matches a lot of arms right next to it is not definitive.
No, I'm not. I have 2 functioning eyes. When you watch the video and slow it down right there, it is clearly the ball. You don't need grainy pictures. The video speaks for itself. Unbelievable how they missed it, but believable all at the same time. The 2 old timers in the play-by-play booth even spotted it.

No, I'm not. I have 2 functioning eyes. When you watch the video and slow it down right there, it is clearly the ball. You don't need grainy pictures. The video speaks for itself. Unbelievable how they missed it, but believable all at the same time. The 2 old timers in the play-by-play booth even spotted it.
I'm sure they'd be happy to have you work your way through the ranks to do the job for them.

But now we like Danielson? I thought the consensus was he was an idiot...

But if you go watch it, it was obvious that he got in. There's a point where you can literally see his whole upper body past the goal line. Unless the ball was in his back pocket, it's a TD. There has to be room for at least that much common sense in a replay. Plus, I really think I can see the ball.

Last edited:
Say what you want about the refs - they suck, they're human, they will never catch what a stadium full of cameras will, etc etc. One thing I'll say is Sankey's wrong about one thing. With the TV money the SEC is rolling in, we can absolutely afford for being an SEC ref to be a pretty darn good paying day job, and that would fix some things. People would want to make that money. Just take out however many million before the schools get their cut.

Reactions: arkivol
Say what you want about the refs - they suck, they're human, they will never catch what a stadium full of cameras will, etc etc. One thing I'll say is Sankey's wrong about one thing. With the TV money the SEC is rolling in, we can absolutely afford for being an SEC ref to be a pretty darn good paying day job, and that would fix some things. People would want to make that money. Just take out however many million before the schools get their cut.
Really don't think full time refs would be any better. People rant on NBA refs and MLB umpires all the time.

Reactions: ArmchairQB
I think one play, either BY or one of our DE’s got tackled right as he was about to get to the QB.

But if you go watch it, it was obvious that he got in. There's a point where you can literally see his whole upper body past the goal line. Unless the ball was in his back pocket, it's a TD. There has to be room for at least that much common sense in a replay. Plus, I really think I can see the ball.
cant convince him - he thinks they called a perfect game in his mind - one of those guys that has the rule book on his nightstand

Reactions: MRORANGEPANTS
If you've ever been on the sideline of even a high school game, you know there's just a lot of chaos when the ball gets snapped. There's no way to see every single thing. 10 HD cameras pointed at every play will always catch stuff.
BUMP

Millions of people around the world saw this and were screaming at the television and .......crickets.. At least suspend this sCrew. Horrible calls and missed calls all night. Not just calls in UT's favor either, equally horrible for UF as well.

Horse collar x 2 … ON THE SAME DRIVE!!!

Reactions: Russdaddy2027
Their hands may have been tied when they couldn't find an angle that showed the ball. They need to be able to use some common sense on one like that though. The real crime was that the booth didn't buzz down for a replay and forced us to burn a timeout to ask for it.

Never stopped them from reversing plays before…790FD703-2C30-4263-A935-B27AFD0FBBA5.jpeg

I know two SEC officials and I tell them all the time that they are nuts for doing it. One of them literally got stalked 2 years ago over a Pass Interference call.
That’s over the top, for sure. I’m sure Jeremy didn’t mean anything by it…he ran out of friends and needed new ones

I know two SEC officials and I tell them all the time that they are nuts for doing it. One of them literally got stalked 2 years ago over a Pass Interference call.

This tidbit of info certainly helps explain your defense of pretty bad officiating.

Thank you.

VN Store

Back