Dr Who

I've got to say I wasn't impressed by this latest episode. A giant water creature eating people gets set free. Free Willy!?

Apparently word is out that the next Doctor has been cast.

Rumors are that it is actor Kris Marshall (The 44 year old Marshall just left the BBC show Death in Paradise after three seasons.)

Other rumors are that Marshall's name was leaked to throw off the media to the real actor.

There was also a rumor (again) that the Doctor will be woman this time and the actress being rumored is 46 year old Olivia Colman.

Colman has worked with new Doctor Who show runner Chris Chibnell. Chibnall created and also wrote & produced the ITV & BBC America hit Broadchurch starring alongside former Doctor David Tennant.

He also was a writer for 5 episodes of Doctor Who during the Matt Smith years.

Last edited:
Apparently word is out that the next Doctor has been cast.

Rumors are that it is actor Kris Marshall (The 44 year old Marshall just left the BBC show Death in Paradise after three seasons.)

Other rumors are that Marshall's name was leaked to throw off the media to the real actor.

There was also a rumor (again) that the Doctor will be woman this time and the actress being rumored is 46 year old Olivia Colman.

Colman has worked with new Doctor Who show runner Chris Chibnell. Chibnall created and also wrote & produced the ITV & BBC America hit Broadchurch starring alongside former Doctor David Tennant.

He also was a writer for 5 episodes of Doctor Who during the Matt Smith years.

Colman ruled herself out a while back.......she said that she values privacy with her family and wouldn't want the attention the role brings.

Marshall became the favorite because he left the show he was on the same week that Capaldi announced that he was leaving Doctor Who

Last edited:
You know who else will be available now that Broadchurch concluded and would seriously light a fire on the series? David Tennant! Capaldi said that the new doctor has a "complicated regeneration". I wonder if that's because he regenerates into a previous form? Oh, and Tennant and Chibnall worked together on Broadchurch. I would be hella stoked.

That's too good to be true though so I should probably be prepared to be disappointed at it being Kris Marshall.

Wow, after last night it looks like ...
we will be getting a new companion as well as a new Doctor.

I was surprised to see the Master back (I hadn't read that John Simm was coming back) I wonder of Missy ends up being a hero in the end.

With that preview in last night's opening I'm guessing we will get the new Doctor for the Christmas special with all the snow?

I highly doubt we see him/her at the end of next weeks episode?

I have to say I didn't enjoy Capaldi's first season as the Doctor but last season and especially this one has been really good.

Wow, after last night it looks like ...
we will be getting a new companion as well as a new Doctor.

I was surprised to see the Master back (I hadn't read that John Simm was coming back) I wonder of Missy ends up being a hero in the end.

With that preview in last night's opening I'm guessing we will get the new Doctor for the Christmas special with all the snow?

I highly doubt we see him/her at the end of next weeks episode?

I have to say I didn't enjoy Capaldi's first season as the Doctor but last season and especially this one has been really good.

They've hinted at rumors that he may regenerate early. It's possible we see the new Doctor next week but I'm not holding my breath. Bill sucked anyway, imo.

Michelle Gomez who plays Missy is leaving the show. Sadly, she was one of the best and probably my favorite character. She will be missed.

Marshall seems to have been the favorite for a couple of months now I think.

First I'm hearing of Jodie Whittaker but there is another Broadchurch connection with Chris Chibnell who created and writes/produces Broadchurch and who is replacing Steven Moffat as Doctor Who show-runner.

We now know (or was it confirmed before) that a time-lord can change genders based on Missy & the Master.

The right actress and it wouldn't be a problem. IMO

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-_bSdWEYK8[/youtube]

Personally I like her with dark hair.

Attachments

• jodie-whittaker-at-the-national-television-awards_12.jpg
    jodie-whittaker-at-the-national-television-awards_12.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Jodie-Whittaker -2013-BFI-Gala-Dinner--08.jpg
    Jodie-Whittaker -2013-BFI-Gala-Dinner--08.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 1
  • y7gLDgMwOHWcPYcQ15emdtfEUuM.jpg
    y7gLDgMwOHWcPYcQ15emdtfEUuM.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I definitely like this idea better than Kris Marshall. Have to see how well she does. Does this also mean she'll have a male companion?

Reactions: 1 person
Really enjoyed this one. I was never a fan of Capaldi especially that first season. He did grow on me though although I still prefer Tennant & Smith as my top two Doctors Capaldi will slide in just ahead of Eccleston.

I am looking forward to see how a female Doctor does and have enjoyed Jodie Whittaker in the few things I have seen her in like Broadchurch. Although I as of now am not a fan of the look they have given her. I also think she looks much better (and younger) with dark hair.

The Twelfth Doctor Regenerates: Peter Capaldi to Jodie Whittaker - Doctor Who Christmas Special 2017
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kce9FMxx-04[/youtube]

I can't remember, does the Tardis always try and dump out the new doctor? Is that some sort of anti-theft feature? The Tardis no longer recognizes The Dr and thinks it's an intruder?

I don't get the outfit. I figured they'd at least have her more sophisticated/professional looking.

I can't remember, does the Tardis always try and dump out the new doctor? Is that some sort of anti-theft feature? The Tardis no longer recognizes The Dr and thinks it's an intruder?

I don't get the outfit. I figured they'd at least have her more sophisticated/professional looking.

I think the Tardis was just going haywire from being damaged by the regeneration energy. As far as her outfit goes that's just The Doctor being The Doctor.

VN Store

Back