Doug Matthews this morning

Yep. He was wrong. Most of us thought the same thing. Doesn’t mean his insights are necessarily wrong.
There is a difference between just being wrong, and being emphatically wrong. He was EMPHATIC he was returning and was talking down to people who said he was leaving. THAT will lose you credibility in a hurry.

There is a difference between just being wrong, and being emphatically wrong. He was EMPHATIC he was returning and was talking down to people who said he was leaving. THAT will lose you credibility in a hurry.

Fair enough. I still think he can bring some good info and opinions sometimes.

Reactions: ArdentVol
better hope in absolutely no role at all. Willie Martinez is over rated as a Db coach and recruiter. When at UGA I had the privilege of knowing bot Cory Robinson and Champ and they both talked very poorly of him and while at UT the Dbs hated him.

🤔. Sure about that? Champ was drafted in 1999 and Robinson was a Sr in 2000. Willie didn’t come to UGa until 2001.

Last edited:
Reactions: bpalmer28
maybe it was what he saw and heard but they definitely said it. Eric Gordon, Teague and others hated him at UT.
Could it be because they weren’t as good as advertised and needed someone to blame other than themselves? Kids do that. Heck adults do too.

Wasn’t that prediction before the “investigation results were given to the Chancellor?
She was given the report the same day Pruitt was fired, Doug was saying this even while the investigation was on going because his Ole pal Phil was telling him there was nothing to see

His source was probably Fulmer and Fulmer was planning on keeping Pruitt thru next season - seems very logical - it doesn't discredit DM - just shows that his source didn't read the tea leaves correctly. I am sure Fulmer was more shocked than anyone in town that Pruitt and Fulmer were gone.

It seems pretty clear that for the longest time the internal investigation found issues, but not fatal issues for Pruitt. Things change as did the plan to limp through next season with Pruitt to fire for cause and hire a new HC. Anytime you have people digging around bad things can happen. I hope we get the details of what was found, when it was found and was the sourcing internal or external to Pruitt's direct staff. It might support the Pruitt would survive position he shared on that day. Things change. I can't believe that 10 people were allowed to stay on staff for a long period of time after the fatal issues were uncovered.

VN Store

Back