Doug Matthews this morning

I don’t listen to Doug that often but his show this morning was interesting. He gave some good opinions on the DC search and other things. It’s worth a listen.

I have listened to Doug Matthews through the years and no, he is not a tool of Phil Fulmer. He and Fulmer are thick with each other and have been since they coached together so many years ago. CDM is nobody's tool. He is a man of deep integrity. He, like all of us, is wrong many times, but aren't
we all?

Tell me again how elite white guy Fromm looked better than Fields?

Fromm led UGA to the NC game his freshman year. Maybe you would have benched him his sophomore year in favor of a freshman, but I don't think many CFB experts would. But maybe a TN fan knows more than the experts. Tell me again how many NC's Fields has?

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
He said he didn’t really think many guys have been officially offered the DC job. Said that Rogers is obviously the main target and it’s his job if he wants it. He also said that Rogers may be waiting to see what Bowles is going to do.

One thing he said and I don’t agree with, is that DW is involved with the DC search. He said he isn’t running it but is involved. He thinks Willie Martinez will be on staff.

He talked about Steele and said that he is the absolute fall back option. But he said that’s highly unlikely.
A little insight as to how this works. ADDW to candidates1,2,3,4,5 If we offered u a 3 year contract @ 1.2 m per year, would u b interested? Candidates 1,2,3,4,5 say Ty, that's a very generous offer, but I'm quite happy here, so I have to respectfully decline the offer. Now from candidates 1,2,3,4,5 perspective, an official offer was made, and had they been interested, it would have put in writing. But, since they declined the verbal offer, ADDW can say no official offer was made to candidates 1,2,3,4,5 because the process never reached a written status. This is how business works. Very different perspectives depending on if ur the one initiating or declining. If ur the one initiating, u always have an out without something in writing. You can always say no-one else was offered, when someone is hired, because no one can prove otherwise. It comes down to he said / she said.

Reactions: Tnphil
How do some folks trust a man that:

1. Said Pruitt wasn’t being fired
2. It was the fans fault
3. Fulmer will survive
4. Is wrong more than Hyams

He also said on multiple occasions that Pruitt wouldn't be fired UNLESS the allegations turned out to be more serious than what was believed at the time. He also stated that he was only guessing as to what the infractions were based on his experience recruiting because he had no source for the nature of the allegations other than what was already known in the media. I find Coach Matthews to be very informative and insightful. In a supposedly free country, you may choose not to listen to him and I may choose to do so. God Bless The USA.

I get so tired of the mind numbing, obligatory "Matthews is an old fogey that is merely a mouthpiece for Fulmer" minions. If you believe that, why even open the thread, other than to just spout out the obligatory, mind numbing garbage? Just move on and read another thread.

Last edited:
Fromm led UGA to the NC game his freshman year. Maybe you would have benched him his sophomore year in favor of a freshman, but I don't think many CFB experts would. But maybe a TN fan knows more than the experts. Tell me again how many NC's Fields has?

Fields keeps Stetson Bennett on bench and Gators in second place....which makes everyone happy.

If you're under age 40, what would a UGA'er know about a NC?

Reactions: kcvols1
he lost all credibility during the investigation / pruitt firing rumors. he stated multiple times that Pruitt will be the coach next season and that the allegations would not hurt pruitts job security. stopped listening after that
His source was probably Fulmer and Fulmer was planning on keeping Pruitt thru next season - seems very logical - it doesn't discredit DM - just shows that his source didn't read the tea leaves correctly. I am sure Fulmer was more shocked than anyone in town that Pruitt and Fulmer were gone.

Reactions: ArdentVol
He said he didn’t really think many guys have been officially offered the DC job. Said that Rogers is obviously the main target and it’s his job if he wants it. He also said that Rogers may be waiting to see what Bowles is going to do.

One thing he said and I don’t agree with, is that DW is involved with the DC search. He said he isn’t running it but is involved. He thinks Willie Martinez will be on staff.

He talked about Steele and said that he is the absolute fall back option. But he said that’s highly unlikely.
In hindsight he didn’t have a clue what was going on then. More ammunition that his insight is not worth listening to.

VN Store

Back