Doug Mathews says Pruitt has made OC Choice

Never happy about being right that UT sucks.

Only happy that I'm right that some of these people are on drugs when they dispute my very logical predictions and constantly attack me for making sense.

Like people who questioned my intelligence when I was absolutely certain about UT losing to Vanderbilt. ;-)
Haven't followed the argument but one thing everyone should know about VolNation is that it is filled with people who probably need counselling.

For some reason, a lot of people here seem to enjoy belittling the opinion of others and proving people wrong. At least one poster has a pattern of defending himself by boasting about business accomplishments... he does this to make himself seem more important than the people he's debating with. It's sad, really. Anyone who seeks the approval of others while putting others down most likely has some emotional wounds that need professional attention.

Most message boards are like that though. Expect attacks if you post.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant wait for the undewhelming hire and then all these fan-boys go and google the name and then come back here and act like it was a great hire and they knew it all along. It's going to be fun to watch. I got the popcorn popping already!
So is it Friend or a google coach? Are you already moving the goalposts?

Haven't followed the argument but one thing everyone should know about VolNation is that it is filled with people who probably need counselling.

For some reason, a lot of people here seem to enjoy belittling the opinion of others and proving people wrong. At least one poster has a pattern of defending himself by boasting about business accomplishments... he does this to make himself seem more important than the people he's debating with. It's sad, really. Anyone who seeks the approval of others while putting others down most likely has some emotional wounds that need professional attention.

Most message boards are like that though. Expect attacks if you post.
Your opinion is wrong and I would tell you why but it's hard to type while driving my Lambo through the Alps to my secluded cottage built out of endangered species of African wood and elephant tusks.

Friend doesn't want it and it's been said many times it won't be a hire from within however we could do alot worse than Will Friend or Osovet who are on staff already, in my opinion which doesn't really matter. There wouldn't have been a wait if it was one of them but it's not, so obviously you won't be right but if for some unheard reason you are I will admit it

I always said that if it was Friend they would have announced it immediately UNLESS they exhaused all their options and nobody wanted the job so they do the "promotion" thing.

And nobody turns down a huge promotion like that if its offered to them, even if they say they dont want the job.

So is it Friend or a google coach? Are you already moving the goalposts?

I said already, it will be Friend if nobody else wants the job.

I said that if its Friend, that proves all the people wrong who claim that Pruitt "already has his man" which is a total crock.

I said that if its Friend, that proves all the people wrong who claim that Pruitt "already has his man" which is a total crock.

I don't think anyone here believes he has his man. Maybe a couple of weeks ago a bunch did, but not anymore.

Edit: Except those wackos that still believe its Friend and always has been. Both of'um.

so you really don't know anything huh? Just wildly speculating like everyone else. Got it.

I always said that if it was Friend they would have announced it immediately UNLESS they exhaused all their options and nobody wanted the job so they do the "promotion" thing.

And nobody turns down a huge promotion like that if its offered to them, even if they say they dont want the job.
We'll see

Yep, I never claimed to know anything. I just like to apply logic where as others have less conventional ways of speculation.
trouble is, your logic is logical to you, not necessarily anyone else. Just another opinion in a sea of opinions.

I'm sure he has his choice identified, but the gap between that desire and actually having the individual in the fold is yawning wider by the minute. If this person is currently employed elsewhere, then this "choice" is still nothing more than a wish, and we've seen several weeks (months yet?) of wishes disappear in the ether. Why the delay in announcing if the position is indeed filled?

I'm sure he has his choice identified, but the gap between that desire and actually having the individual in the fold is yawning wider by the minute. If this person is currently employed elsewhere, then this "choice" is still nothing more than a wish, and we've seen several weeks (months yet?) of wishes disappear in the ether. Why the delay in announcing if the position is indeed filled?

It hasn’t been filled. There is no logical reason to continue to interview others and it would have leaked by now.

It hasn’t been filled. There is no logical reason to continue to interview others and it would have leaked by now.
smokescreens, future employment, strategy, networking, the list goes on. There's lots of reasons to interview even if you've already interviewed and offered your top choice.

smokescreens, future employment, strategy, networking, the list goes on. There's lots of reasons to interview even if you've already interviewed and offered your top choice.

I get that in its logical sense but Pruitt doesn’t strike me as the “networking”, “smokescreen” type. He clearly doesn’t care what the media thinks. I could be wrong but he seems like a very no nonsense, straight to the point guy. I don’t think he would interview a coach knowing he doesn’t have a position or any intention of hiring them.

Reactions: hexnut
I get that in its logical sense but Pruitt doesn’t strike me as the “networking”, “smokescreen” type. He clearly doesn’t care what the media thinks. I could be wrong but he seems like a very no nonsense, straight to the point guy. I don’t think he would interview a coach knowing he doesn’t have a position or any intention of hiring them.
So if he doesn’t care about all these things, why would he care what anyone thinks of him interviewing people?

So if he doesn’t care about all these things, why would he care what anyone thinks of him interviewing people?

Not sure, but I don’t think it’s because he has his guy. Are we even sure how many candidates he has or has not interviewed? This has been a very tight lipped process and it’s all speculation. If this drags on past Tuesday, it’s safe to say he did not have his guy unless we think it’s an OC or position coach in the playoffs which is extremely unlikely.

He may not announce until after NSD on 2/06. If he does then A friend it is. At this point I dont have a problem with a friend as OC. 91E8F1E4-64F4-45C3-B30D-35CBD11137F2.gif

so you really don't know anything huh? Just wildly speculating like everyone else. Got it.
But we are idiots to think it's anyone but Friend? Bill, I am confused as usual. People that just jump in swinging wildly throw me off my game a little......help me out.

But we are idiots to think it's anyone but Friend? Bill, I am confused as usual. People that just jump in swinging wildly throw me off my game a little......help me out.
I have no idea and neither does anyone on this board. A decade ago there were a handful on “insiders” on this site, but that dried up years ago. Friend makes zero sense to me, but like everyone else, I’m not in a position of knowledge here. What is ridiculous are the posters spouting off that Friend sucks because he had one bad season with a very injured, very undersized line. His track record everywhere else speaks for itself.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83

VN Store

Back