Donnie Tyndall is back in CBB

Senior Drill says yes.

I didn't care for his brand of bball, but that's jmo. Sticking to the 1-3-1 defensive philosophy led to a record number of opposing teams making 3's from the corner that year (or at least it seems like it did).

It wasn’t a 1-3-1. It was a matchup 2-3.

I know he’s polarizing. But I thought he was a good floor coach. He actually drew up a few good plays at the end of games, but we couldn’t convert.

However, he was definitely shady, and we were probably headed for trouble.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I wish him the best. He was a good coach, who kept our heads above water in 2015. That could have been an all time train wreck of a season. He also brought Admiral Schofield into the program. That was huge. You just can't ignore the integrity issues though. Tyndall lied his butt off to Dave Hart about the extent of the violations he was being investigated for at both Southern Miss and Morehead St. He even deleted emails as part of a cover up. I disagree that he is going to get another shot with a power 5 program. Unlike Pearl, Tyndall never established himself as an elite coach to begin with. He might have, if he had more than just one season at Tennessee, but he didn't. Therefore, Tyndall isn't worth the risk like Pearl was for Auburn. (his infractions were also worse than Pearl's)

I wish him the best. He was a good coach, who kept our heads above water in 2015. That could have been an all time train wreck of a season. He also brought Admiral Schofield into the program. That was huge. You just can't ignore the integrity issues though. Tyndall lied his butt off to Dave Hart about the extent of the violations he was being investigated for at both Southern Miss and Morehead St. He even deleted emails as part of a cover up. I disagree that he is going to get another shot with a power 5 program. Unlike Pearl, Tyndall never established himself as an elite coach to begin with. He might have, if he had more than just one season at Tennessee, but he didn't. Therefore, Tyndall isn't worth the risk like Pearl was for Auburn. (his infractions were also worse than Pearl's)
Never underestimate the power of The Tyndall Terror Defense

LSU might hire him to raise the integrity of their coaching staff

Same. Also don't understand why any UT fans GAS.
I don't GAS about DT.
However, I do take exception to media attempting to soil UT's brand simply because the guy coached here one year. We screw up enough things ourselves without being blamed for things that occurred on other campuses.

I don't GAS about DT.
However, I do take exception to media attempting to soil UT's brand simply because the guy coached here one year. We screw up enough things ourselves without being blamed for things that occurred on other campuses.
I see what you're saying, but I dont think the media has really implied anything like that. Maybe I missed an article?

VN Store

Back