Don’t fall for the Gator hype yet..

I would move practice to hit a rain storm. every time it rains, everyone drop what they are doing and hit the field. that is the game you are going to see, wether it rains or not, that is the type of game you are going to be playing. get everyones ass on the field in the rain, and see if your plan holds up (if you have a plan at all).

How many times you see Dobbs get ran down ?
I like Hendon, and he shows flashes of what Dobbs could do. However Dobbs, was a special player. Imagine if Heupel or Kiffin, had a qb that talented what could be done.... that said Dobbs never got ran down and he was much, much more elusive.
Dobbs has deceiving speed along with strong hips. He’s a long strider.

So here are the options for person who truly hates Florida:

- When FL does something good, or looks good in any way, it’s because their competition is inferior or “that team played poorly.”

- When FL does something bad, or doesn’t look great, it’s a snap judgement that they’re awful.

So it’s a win-win for the Gator hater and a lose-lose for Florida.
We do the same thing to Tennessee and that is our team. We beat BGSU by a good margin and we we suck. We lose to a favored Pitt and we are the the worst team in America. We beat TTU and shut them out, we are trash because they are trash.

If we manage to beat Florida, it will be because Florida didn't play well after a physical game with Bama.
If we lose by a TD, our coaches cost us the game.
If we get blown out, we are never going to compete under CJH so start looking now.

The same thing will apply for touchdowns and three-and-outs.
This is just our way, and all fans for that matter.

We need to focus on beating USCe, UK, Mizzou, Vandy and SA. That's our season right there.

I still think 5-7 is where we are headed.

Reactions: CAVPUT
We do the same thing to Tennessee and that is our team. We beat BGSU by a good margin and we we suck. We lose to a favored Pitt and we are the the worst team in America. We beat TTU and shut them out, we are trash because they are trash.

If we manage to beat Florida, it will be because Florida didn't play well after a physical game with Bama.
If we lose by a TD, our coaches cost us the game.
If we get blown out, we are never going to compete under CJH so start looking now.

The same thing will apply for touchdowns and three-and-outs.
This is just our way, and all fans for that matter.
Show me ONE position group we are better than Florida ? Now if you can do that you may have a point. We are not a good football team. We don't lose to Pitt with anything close to a good team. Hell I dunno if we are even an average team right now. If we go to the Swamp and play like we did against Pitt we are totally embarassed. Don't you agree ? I get we don't have depth at key places. We don't have quality starters at a several positions. Expectations are low.

Dobbs got ran down all the time. You’re lying to yourself… Hooker is way faster. He was hands down one of the fastest players in the spring workouts, based on reports.

BS. Dobbs rarely got ran down in a straight line race. Maybe if a guy got an angle on him. Hooker isn’t in Dobbs universe when it comes to athletic ability.

Reactions: BigALWiLson
Look realistically there is a chance, it is slim and a lot will have to go right to get a win. It is possible, but it will take everything we possibly have to win. Mistake free, clean, aggressive game. No disappearing for a qtr. One of the guys or even both will have to have the game of their lives and the wr's as well. No room for error.

Mullen also inherited a much, much more talented and stable program.

Mullen inherited a 4 win team just like Pruitt did. In 2017, it was 20-20 in the Swamp with 10 seconds to go. Only difference was Mullen is a competent HC while Pruitt was all time awful.

I just hope our fanbase doesn't try to compare Y4 Mullen to Y1 Heupel.

No kidding. They had won the East twice in 3 yrs under prior coach.

Another way to look at it

Both teams won 4 games in 2017.

Florida won 23 games in 2015-17. We won 22 (while drawing Bama from the West).

The score was 85-82 in our favor those 3 years.

Not arguing Mullen didnt inherit more talent but he developed a 2* QB (Trask) and a bust to that point (Franks) into guys that got NFL deals. Pruitt on the other hand....

A comparison of our program in 2020 and UF in 2020 shows the extreme incompetence of Jeremy Pruitt as a HC.

Everyone is praising this Florida team now saying we will get killed. A Florida team that beat S. Florida by 22 points ( NC State beat them by 45..) What if Alabama isn’t really as good as advertised? They beat a Miami team who quite frankly was very overrated if you look at the last 2 games they’ve played. Mercer scored 14 points on Bama..! I’m not saying we are lighting it up but we’ve got a chance to compete in this game Saturday.

Everyone is praising this Florida team now saying we will get killed. A Florida team that beat S. Florida by 22 points ( NC State beat them by 45..) What if Alabama isn’t really as good as advertised? They beat a Miami team who quite frankly was very overrated if you look at the last 2 games they’ve played. Mercer scored 14 points on Bama..! I’m not saying we are lighting it up but we’ve got a chance to compete in this game Saturday.

A few things to unpack here. One. is Florida truly "almost" as good as Alabama. Probably not. It is highly more likely that after getting up 21-3 in the first quarter Bama's players thought they could just cruise to a blow out win. Credit Florida for taking the fight to the Tide and being the more aggressive and physical team for the balance of the game. Most of the teams in the SEC will spank your ass if you don't come out and play hard for 60 minutes, Florida is certainly one of those teams. Two, can we compete with Florida and make it a close game? Again, probably not. But as these are 19 and 20 year old players and football is a crazy game, almost anything can happen. In a rational world the Gators most likely win by 17-20 points. Let's all hope its one of those crazy games where the Gators implode in all 3 phases of the game and the Vols play their best game of the their season. So yes, I'm saying there is a chance! lol

Show me ONE position group we are better than Florida ? Now if you can do that you may have a point. We are not a good football team. We don't lose to Pitt with anything close to a good team. Hell I dunno if we are even an average team right now. If we go to the Swamp and play like we did against Pitt we are totally embarassed. Don't you agree ? I get we don't have depth at key places. We don't have quality starters at a several positions. Expectations are low.

FG Kicker yeaaaaaahhhhh 😛

Reactions: BigALWiLson
Agree, sprcial teams may be the only area that we have the edge on UF. I admittedly really haven't watched them play much. I like the effort by the team. Play calling for the most part has been aggressive. I am not a fan of 4th and inches taking a handoff 5 yards deep with a patchwork OL. QB play leaves room for improvement, wr are getting open, need to catch the ball and deliver catchable balls. Penalties and turnovers need major improvement. Some of the turnovers can be attributed to effort. Still need to clean that up and play within themselves. We are a qtr way through the season, I expect to get better as the season goes and grow as a team. I am sure we will moments of complaints because we are tired of losing. That said, it is way to early to be calling for Heupel to be fired. That is not the answer. Recruiting, we need a full stable. Fill the gaps and start the over haul. We have enough kids to win some games but reality is they haven't been developed properly. You can see that through out our roster. Anyway I am for giving Heupel and Co. Time.

Reactions: CedarHillVol
I think the thing that separates Dobbs is that he was hard to bring down and was so darn slippery and deceptive with his speed. Hooker has some of those same attributes.
I think another thing about Dobbs that was valuable was that he rarely put his body at risk. I can only think of one time against App st he ever got rocked. There is a value in that imo.

BS. Dobbs rarely got ran down in a straight line race. Maybe if a guy got an angle on him. Hooker isn’t in Dobbs universe when it comes to athletic ability.
Not to mention his ability to break tackles. Defenders could also never get a good square hit on him either.

What? I never said we were better than Florida. I think you replied to the wrong comment or suffered a recent head injury which would explain several things in your post. Nothing you said could have logically stemmed from my comment about fans finding flaws with their team no matter the situation.

WHY do we have ****ing Gator fans on here telling us how much we suck? Do those limp dicks have anything better to do? They are obsessed with UT for some reason. It's bizarre. About 75% of UT football fans are gone. Check the attendance. Taking some sort of pride for beating a dead program is pathetic. Make sure you come back with your gator quips for bball season.

VN Store

Back