Don’t fall for the Gator hype yet..

UF takes #1 Bama to the wire. But yeah don’t believe the UF hype. They aren’t that good blah, blah, blah. Meanwhile we lost to a Pitt team that got beat by Western freaking Michigan. We can’t run the ball against Pitt and our passing game is anemic. Our OL is garbage.

Yeah we really have a shot 🙄🙄🙄. When are TN fans going to just come to grips with the facts.

Some allow their pure hatred of Florida to cloud their judgment and common sense. And all fan bases do it, it’s part of fandom. So here are the options for person who truly hates Florida:

- When FL does something good, or looks good in any way, it’s because their competition is inferior or “that team played poorly.”

- When FL does something bad, or doesn’t look great, it’s a snap judgement that they’re awful.

So it’s a win-win for the Gator hater and a lose-lose for Florida.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
No one has mentioned this is the first road game for this team. Florida is a tuff place for that.

In fact that had not occurred to me. The FL crowd most definitely affected Bama. If it’s that juiced-up again, it will be a factor here.

This is probably the worst talent gap we’ve had in a while and we’re playing in the swamp. Fans convince themselves that we have a chance then get pissed when we lose. We have no shot this year.

Reactions: JohnD13
We may beat Florida one year, but it sure as hell isn’t this year. We don’t have our stuff together yet and this is Mullen’s fourth year.

Also on a semi related note, I want FSU AND Miami to get their sh*t together. They’re just making Florida’s job easier when it comes to recruiting.

We may beat Florida one year, but it sure as hell isn’t this year. We don’t have our stuff together yet and this is Mullen’s fourth year.

Also on a semi related note, I want FSU AND Miami to get their sh*t together. They’re just making Florida’s job easier when it comes to recruiting.

Mullen also inherited a much, much more talented and stable program.

In fact that had not occurred to me. The FL crowd most definitely affected Bama. If it’s that juiced-up again, it will be a factor here.
Until the second quarter anyways…. Hard to stay juiced at 27-0. Easy victory for the Gators I’m afraid.

This is probably the worst talent gap we’ve had in a while and we’re playing in the swamp. Fans convince themselves that we have a chance then get pissed when we lose. We have no shot this year.

This. I will hope we win, but anybody expecting it is delusional. We simply have to come to terms with the fact that we aren't even close. If you want to expect an upset, it is probably best to reserve that for KY or USC. It's just where we are.

Everybody needs to sit down and eat a plate of hot reality. This Tennessee team will not be competitive in the Swamp, it is the sad reality of this program. QBs cannot hit the long ball, Wrs cannot catch, OLine is not able to run block...this will be a very bad day for the Vols. I hope that it wont be a 35 point beatdown and we can get out with no injuries. I know, this is not what the orange-glass wearing Heupel sunshine pumpers want to hear, but this is the sad long term reality of Tennessee football.

Florida's voodoo princess is hard at work this morning. we are about to get Petered. (she thinks she is sneaky, but we just haven't found her doll yet). A5EDF711-3369-4EBE-8898-F9FF15414EC9.jpeg

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
3 fumble recoveries/ one for a touchdown and 3 interceptions/ one for a touchdown all in our favor.
We lose by 2 touchdowns.

My guess it what people are saying has less to do with UF and more to do with UT. We do not look good in many phases of the game at all right now. Our OL is patchwork at best. We do not have a true tackle on the right side and we are weak and thin as hell. DL gets little push and outside of TB we don't have a legit pass rush. Don't even get on Dbs outside of Theo. Even then he is better in support than coverage. Offensively we scored some points but none of the defenses we have faced had a pulse. Pitt isnt a good team. We have a few pieces, our wides have to catch the ball. Qb's have to deliver the ball and the OL has to hold up. When you can't run the ball on TECH..... I am going into this game looking at what we can improve realistically. I expect to be competitive for 2 maybe 3 quarters. Sure anything can happen but I just do not see us putting up 40 against the Gators. It will take that to win. If Milton or Hooker has the game of there lives sure maybe. I just do not expect it.

My guess it what people are saying has less to do with UF and more to do with UT. We do not look good in many phases of the game at all right now. Our OL is patchwork at best. We do not have a true tackle on the right side and we are weak and thin as hell. DL gets little push and outside of TB we don't have a legit pass rush. Don't even get on Dbs outside of Theo. Even then he is better in support than coverage. Offensively we scored some points but none of the defenses we have faced had a pulse. Pitt isnt a good team. We have a few pieces, our wides have to catch the ball. Qb's have to deliver the ball and the OL has to hold up. When you can't run the ball on TECH..... I am going into this game looking at what we can improve realistically. I expect to be competitive for 2 maybe 3 quarters. Sure anything can happen but I just do not see us putting up 40 against the Gators. It will take that to win. If Milton or Hooker has the game of there lives sure maybe. I just do not expect it.

I will say that UT's special teams have stepped up and have looked good so far this season, that is one phase of the game that UT could be better than the gators.

I also think Christian Charles is going to be a really good player for us. Plays hard and doesn't even know what hes doing.

I keep seeing comments about how we lost to a terrible Pitt team, and those comments are accurate. However, after re-watching the game, if Milton connects with wide open receivers,plus Hyatt catches the one ball that was well thrown, Tennessee scores 35 points on Pitt in the first quarter. Yep, we lost, but mostly due to self inflicted penalties and overthrows.

He’s faster than Dobbs, hands down.
How many times you see Dobbs get ran down ?
I like Hendon, and he shows flashes of what Dobbs could do. However Dobbs, was a special player. Imagine if Heupel or Kiffin, had a qb that talented what could be done.... that said Dobbs never got ran down and he was much, much more elusive.

Reactions: Alto1
I keep seeing comments about how we lost to a terrible Pitt team, and those comments are accurate. However, after re-watching the game, if Milton connects with wide open receivers,plus Hyatt catches the one ball that was well thrown, Tennessee scores 35 points on Pitt in the first quarter. Yep, we lost, but mostly due to self inflicted penalties and overthrows.
Yes all of that happened and I agree but IF's don't win. The point is if we play like that against Florida we will lose by 50

Reactions: bigorangepoppa
How many times you see Dobbs get ran down ?
I like Hendon, and he shows flashes of what Dobbs could do. However Dobbs, was a special player. Imagine if Heupel or Kiffin, had a qb that talented what could be done.... that said Dobbs never got ran down and he was much, much more elusive.
Dobbs got ran down all the time. You’re lying to yourself… Hooker is way faster. He was hands down one of the fastest players in the spring workouts, based on reports.

VN Store

Back