Dogs of VolNation and other pets that are inferior to Dogs

Think long and hard about installing plantation-style blinds. Our inherited cat has found them to be a very satisfactory means of notifying us that she wants to go out, round about 3 am. I would use a squirt bottle if it weren’t for the fact that I would ruin my new dresser.

She runs through the vertical blinds like she's on a slalom course or something already. Makes more noise than a garbage truck dragging a ton of empty soup cans.

Otherwise, she's just banging on the sliding door glass until she gets tired of that and goes through the house caterwauling. I believe she's in a heat cycle right now, hence the reason to get "out" and take care of that problem. I do not want or need kittens in my life as it is and it's still six more weeks until I can get her into the vet to get her spayed.

Six weeks or an eternity, take your pick.

Reactions: VolNExile
She runs through the vertical blinds like she's on a slalom course or something already. Makes more noise than a garbage truck dragging a ton of empty soup cans.

Otherwise, she's just banging on the sliding door glass until she gets tired of that and goes through the house caterwauling. I believe she's in a heat cycle right now, hence the reason to get "out" and take care of that problem. I do not want or need kittens in my life as it is and it's still six more weeks until I can get her into the vet to get her spayed.

Six weeks or an eternity, take your pick.
Oh right, I remember that with a stray we brought in. My youngest was about 6 or so: “Mom, Mom, Pookie (sorry @malinoisvol ) hurt her back! She’s rolling around on her back yowling!” Uh-oh. Spayed the next day.

Sympathies!

Reactions: malinoisvol
Oh right, I remember that with a stray we brought in. My youngest was about 6 or so: “Mom, Mom, Pookie (sorry @malinoisvol ) hurt her back! She’s rolling around on her back yowling!” Uh-oh. Spayed the next day.

Sympathies!

She keeps flirting up the dog like that'll help.

Sorry honey, not only the wrong species, but she is ill equipped to help you on that front.

Love can’t be denied! 🤪

Practically from the start, she claimed the dog as hers. Tara Dog has been somewhat reluctant to accept her, but she's never growled, never snapped and never done anything aggressive towards Flirt Cat. Even when she's standing in front of her with her fluffy tail draped over the dog's face, I get this pitiful look like "really?" from the dog.

Right now, they are sleeping together on the love seat. Cat at one end, dog at the other. I'm about to annoy the cat when I tell the dog she gets to go for a ride.

My sister-in-law had a cat named, "Puppy." She's not all there, but she's a good artists and has done portraits of peoples' horses and pets. She won't take commissioned work - she has to feel the need to paint a picture. She had a photograph of a neighbor girl dancing on her front porch and made an acrylic painting of it. The neighbor mom saw it and demanded the painting. Didn't offer to buy it, didn't offer to pay for the cost of materials, just saw the painting, declared "That's my daughter" and demanded it be given to her. My sister-in-law meekly complied. This aggravates me.

My sister-in-law had a cat named, "Puppy." She's not all there, but she's a good artists and has done portraits of peoples' horses and pets. She won't take commissioned work - she has to feel the need to paint a picture. She had a photograph of a neighbor girl dancing on her front porch and made an acrylic painting of it. The neighbor mom saw it and demanded the painting. Didn't offer to buy it, didn't offer to pay for the cost of materials, just saw the painting, declared "That's my daughter" and demanded it be given to her. My sister-in-law meekly complied. This aggravates me.
That's a super uncomfortable story from a complete outsider's perspective so I bet it ran all over you. Hate to see people get overpowered like that.

That's a super uncomfortable story from a complete outsider's perspective so I bet it ran all over you. Hate to see people get overpowered like that.
If I could rewind life, my sister in law would say, "Yes, that's your daughter dancing on MY porch in MY picture. If you want to buy it, I'm open to a fair offer. Let me introduce you to my brother in law. He'll act as my agent for this. Otherwise, I’d be happy to GIVE you a copy of the photograph. Oh, and this is my cat, Puppy."

Last edited:
My little dog does this with my two youngest daughters. She doesn’t hide her eyes though.... she gets under a blanket and when we tell her to go find them she comes out and runs through the house huffing and snarling looking for them.
We had an almost-beagle (they found a hole under the fence, lol.) I couldn’t hide anywhere. When my parents wanted to drag me back home, they just sent Taffy after me.

You can run, but you cannot hide.

Have you been to the Deputy Kotfila dog park? My daughter was there today and said it was a good spot. It didn’t hurt that a Frenchie’s group was there for her boys to play with. We’re going to join them in a couple weeks.
Deputy Kotfila Memorial Dog Park – Tampa Hillsborough Expressway Authority

Dexter and Rocky’s brother, Diesel

View attachment 347103

Other pups

View attachment 347104
I did not know about this dog park but will try to get there this coming week. I appreciate the recommendation.
I usually go to the Logan Gate dog park or the Carrollwood Village dog park.

BTW- great photo of Rocky. Dexter & Diesel look good also.
Those ears.

VN Store

Back