Dogs of VolNation and other pets that are inferior to Dogs

Didn't want this little she devil beast. But apparently, animals pick where they want to live...

View attachment 336212
She’s beautiful! I hope you understand and appreciate the honor that has been bestowed upon you. 🤪

How’s your beautiful German Shepherd? (I’m sorry, I hide out on the Zone mostly, aka The Land Of Mostly Rational Vol Fans, so I’ve missed your posts.)

She’s beautiful! I hope you understand and appreciate the honor that has been bestowed upon you. 🤪

How’s your beautiful German Shepherd? (I’m sorry, I hide out on the Zone mostly, aka The Land Of Mostly Rational Vol Fans, so I’ve missed your posts.)

She's doing well, but starting to show her age a bit. At present, she's drilling holes in my head right now since the cat is sitting next to me on the couch and I'm "cheating" on her.

She and the cat haven't been into it yet, but the cat did give her a swipe the other day (she still has claws). Of course, the dog got her back by running her over twice now on her way in and out of the door when I let her out.

There's a careful détente between the two at the moment. The cat wants to be her friend, the dog is like "WTH is this fuzzy thing you brought in." I feel like a divorced child having to go between parents at the moment.

She's doing well, but starting to show her age a bit. At present, she's drilling holes in my head right now since the cat is sitting next to me on the couch and I'm "cheating" on her.

She and the cat haven't been into it yet, but the cat did give her a swipe the other day (she still has claws). Of course, the dog got her back by running her over twice now on her way in and out of the door when I let her out.

There's a careful détente between the two at the moment. The cat wants to be her friend, the dog is like "WTH is this fuzzy thing you brought in." I feel like a divorced child having to go between parents at the moment.
That’s neat that the cat wants to cuddle up with her. It’s usually the other way around.

We are now stuck with my mother’s cat (Le Chat Lunatique.) I really want a dog, but I feel bad at the thought of introducing a playful and affectionate puppy to the cat.

Goes to replace band-aid on left hand.

Reactions: Tin Man
🧐🤨 Do you think that he could be trained to collect cell phones, hammers, reading glasses, library books, and other random things that get left in odd places?
He got my wife this morning while I was gone to get the Tacoma serviced. I came home and she was like what the hell is going on? I think Bruno stole my towel and bathrobe. I just laughed and said well he will pick up towels and clothes that are laying around and take them to the laundry room. She was stunned. She said she thought the kids were finally catching on and picking up after themselves. She said that is why the looked at each other last night when I told them I was proud of them for finally picking up there mess. lmao
One a positive note. Our 21 year old Granddaughter, that doesn't live here, has a bad habit of just sneaking in the house. She will text and say I may come over today if you are going to be home. She may or may not show up. Last night she just popped in unannounced. It didn't go so well for her. Bruno heard her coming. He woke up from a sound sleep. I thought he was going to get a drink. Zoe opened the back door really quietly like she usually does. Bruno was waiting on her. I am glad Zoe is young and fast. She was able to jump into the laundry room and slam the door closed. She was screaming bloody murder. Let's just say she will knock from now own. Odd thing is Bruno never barked. He was hiding just inside the kitchen door waiting on the intruder. I am just glad he didn't get to her. This morning I told Mom not to just walk in like she used to do. No way my 80 yr old Mom could move fast enough. I don't think we have to worry about an intruder anymore. SMH

Last edited:
Is that a Maine Coon? My parents have a cat that looks very similar to yours. She is huge, furry, with a small head, and mean AF!

No, she's a tiny little thing. I think she may be a Chantilly-Tiffany, though I keep seeing they are "extinct."

Reactions: Boca Vol
Yeah, they give me the edge of the bed like I'm 5'5, 150 pounds, too bad I'm 6'3, 250
Cheer up, we have a 10# cat (my mother's cat; Le Chat Lunatique) who owns whichever side of the bed that she wants to sleep on. She enforces her will with all the pointy parts that cats have. (Better in the winter with four layers of bedding between her and us.) We do win in the end if she gets too unruly by flinging her down the basement stairs, but that does require that we get out of bed, which we resist as long as we can.

The cat and the dog are finally cohabitating somewhat in the house. However, the cat keeps trying to be friends with the dog, rubbing her head on her head and purring, trying to sleep beside her while the dog is looking at me like "do I really have to put up with this crap?"

The cat and the dog are finally cohabitating somewhat in the house. However, the cat keeps trying to be friends with the dog, rubbing her head on her head and purring, trying to sleep beside her while the dog is looking at me like "do I really have to put up with this crap?"
Thats funny. Not cat and dog, but when I brought a new dog into my house, the new one did everything she could to get the old one to be friend with her. She would stick toys in his face to try and get him to play, lick him, try to snuggle with him. He would usually just walk away or ignore her. It took a few weeks then probably 3-4 months for them to start to bond. Its been a little over a year now and they can barely be separated without freaking out.

Thats funny. Not cat and dog, but when I brought a new dog into my house, the new one did everything she could to get the old one to be friend with her. She would stick toys in his face to try and get him to play, lick him, try to snuggle with him. He would usually just walk away or ignore her. It took a few weeks then probably 3-4 months for them to start to bond. Its been a little over a year now and they can barely be separated without freaking out.
That's funny. Cersei has tried everything to be friends with Gauge, but he plays her off. He's not mean to her, just doesn't want to be bothered by her

Reactions: VolNExile
Waaaay back in the day, as a college student, I got a kitten. After two weeks, it was obvious that she needed more companionship than I could give her. (I was in class and at the library all day and half the night, of course. 🙄) So I got a second kitten, and all hell broke loose.

I wound up putting both of them in the tiny and unfurnished second bedroom with one food bowl, one water bowl, and one litter box and ignored the racket. It took a good week or more, but they became best buddies, and upon release from jail, commenced to celebrate the 4 a.m. Kitty Olympics every night/ early morning for the next ten years.

That’s neat that the cat wants to cuddle up with her. It’s usually the other way around.

We are now stuck with my mother’s cat (Le Chat Lunatique.) I really want a dog, but I feel bad at the thought of introducing a playful and affectionate puppy to the cat.

Goes to replace band-aid on left hand.

My second cat was introduced to my first dog as a kitten. The cat LOVES the dog. The dog is indifferent to the cat. When the dog is out the cat will cry until I let her in. Then he will rub up against her when she enters or flop down in front of her and roll around the floor trying to show off for the dog. The dog pays him no attention. It’s quite comical.

Now my young dog that is full of energy is another story. The cat is not a fan. That dog will jump around and try to chase the cat for play. The cat has none of it and the dog has been swiped at.

My oldest cat would happily be rid of all of them.

VN Store

Back