Does Kentucky fire Cal?

I think UK would love to find a 'Just cause' for firing Calipari because the relationship between him and the university and fans has gone bad. They can't fire him now without cause as the buyout is too high. After next year, it drops quite a bit. I predict that next season will look a lot like this past year: early struggles followed by some improvement but then another early exit from the NCAA. After that, the university and Cal's lawyers negotiate the buyout and he retires.

Its like a marriage gone bad. Early years were great. Then things change. At first, both parties deny there are problems, but things get worse and worse. Cal and UK are at the point where both would like a divorce but Cal wants his money and won't leave without it.

Hmmmm. OK, let me simplify it. The fact that Oats MIGHT be in a conversation of coaching candidates is ASININE. He shoulda been fired for cause.
Ok I agree. it was statements from Rupp Rafters Forum. It is very ASININE, but it was KY Fans saying it not me... I laughed. A bunch of desperate idiots that are stuck with Calipari.

Cal's One and done method may get recruits, but it doesn't help them with continuity and playing as a team. Finding the right mix of players on the transfer market has escaped Cal as well. This is not to say KY hasn't had good talent, the team just hasn't seemed to mesh well. It goes without saying, I am more than fine with KY staying average for many years. Keep it up Cal!

Reactions: Tnphil
Im

sure they don't have to look very hard for a "cause clause"

Caliponzi....Paul Finebaum is licking his chops for the show this afternoon.

The problem is, Nate Oats will go to Lexington. Then, we are all going to be fighting for second place for a decade.

Reactions: Mccage
Caliponzi....Paul Finebaum is licking his chops for the show this afternoon.

The problem is, Nate Oats will go to Lexington. Then, we are all going to be fighting for second place for a decade.

WHY? Cuz Oats will get all the Thugs to Lexy? I'd PREFER second to that.

What about Musselman? You can bet his agent will be getting some calls from an elite program or two. Will he stick at AR?

It'll cost them about $40,000,000.00 to do it,
They have discussed this many times on Rump Rafters with no consensus.
Maybe if they paid his buyout they won't have enough money to buy the refs and people will quit calling it Corrupt Arena. Just a thought.

GO VOLS!!!

VN Store

Back