Does Kentucky fire Cal?

I'm not sure if Calipari is the SEC's Penny or if Penny is a non power 5 Calipari, both can recruit and sell a path to the NBA, neither is much of a bench coach or actually coaches up their uber star talent steered their way by the Nike crowd, Penny doesn't wear blue, Calipari doesn't ball up his fists and throw things on the floor after getting beat, Penny doesn't want to play Tennessee unless they are favored, Calipari has to play Tennessee, twice most seasons, both are financially strapped to their current programs whether the schools or their fans like it or not.

They’d still owe him over $33 million if they wanted to move on after next season. No school or booster(s) is writing that check.

They might be able to work with another school to assume the terms of Cal’s contract. If Cal agreed to it. I’d assume he’d want KY to also kick in a few dollars though. Something like Kansas matching Cal’s current contract and KY was to give Cal $10 million to go away.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Cal does have a clause in his contract that allows him to opt out after next season and become a special advisor to the athletic director. He’d still be paid just shy of a million a year though the 2028-2029 season if he chose to go that direction. Although he’d be walking away from close to $35 million, so that may not be a viable option.

Reactions: Volfan1000
They might be able to work with another school to assume the terms of Cal’s contract. If Cal agreed to it. I’d assume he’d want KY to also kick in a few dollars though. Something like Kansas matching Cal’s current contract and KY was to give Cal $10 million to go away.

I still say the numb nuts of big oil Texas will fire the assistant even if he wins tourney. Cal and longhorns are a perfect match

Reactions: OllVol
It’s not actually a lifetime contract. It’s just called that because Cal would be 70 when the contract ends. The only way to stop “lifetime contracts” is to limit the amount of years a public employee can be under contract.
Seems like Mississippi has something like that?

Cal has perfected the one and done routine. Kentucky players are making commercials laughing at the one and done routine there.

It a chance. Zero. None. He may find a nice deal somewhere else though, but I can’t see another school being as stupid as UK and giving him that contract. I do think him at Notre Dame would be interesting, but his thing wouldn’t work there as most those kids wouldn’t get admitted there. Texas is going to hire their interim, so I don’t see anyone else coming for him that has the money.

It a chance. Zero. None. He may find a nice deal somewhere else though, but I can’t see another school being as stupid as UK and giving him that contract. I do think him at Notre Dame would be interesting, but his thing wouldn’t work there as most those kids wouldn’t get admitted there. Texas is going to hire their interim, so I don’t see anyone else coming for him that has the money.

Kansas is a possibility.

Reactions: Special Ed

VN Store

Back