Does Chase McGrath scare you too?

Very minimal confidence in any kick he attempts, he’s the biggest liability we have on offense

Reactions: FBtime
How many missed FGs has he had this year and from what range?

I don't see him as a liability and I don't quite understand this thread.

Reactions: Ttucke11
Field goal attempts always make me nervous no matter who is kicking. There is a lot of stuff that has to go right for a made kick, kind of like a golf shot.

How many missed FGs has he had this year and from what range?

I don't see him as a liability and I don't quite understand this thread.

Yea I agree. 3 missed PATs in 232 college attempts and a career 75% FG kicker. He's not winning the Lou Groza, but he's not been a liability whatsoever. We've experienced terrible kicking games, McGrath has been solid.

How confident are you if the game comes down to a field goal

Umm…dude…brother…how do I say this? The guy just beat Alabama for us on a last-second FG. There is no pressure like that. I’ll take his leg with the game on the line any day of the week. Yeah, he’s been off a couple of times recently. But I have absolute confidence in him. He is usually Bertlekamp money.

Not very if it's beyond 40 yards, he's 3-6 this year. Sadly, he's tied for 89th in NCAA football right now on kick accuracy, making one against Alabama doesn't change his accuracy problems this season. Hopefully we just score touchdowns.

The fact he's missed 2 Xtra points and a short fg recently makes me nervous. I don't care what his overall % is....it's how he is NOW. I think he's gonna make some and miss some...but of course I'm nervous.

Reactions: FBtime
It seems that we have been a little off with the snap and holds lately causing his timing to be off.

All kickers scare me…have you ever stood on the field where the ball is placed for a 40 yard FG attempt? To me, kicking the ball thru the uprights from that distance is just insanely difficult. And to do it consistently in high pressure settings takes a special mindset to go along with the physical talent needed. So yea, I’m scared every time we have a FG attempt or Extra Point try - especially when the game is on the line.

And I’m very thankful McGrath transferred here. I’ve had one of those “I just got laid” smiles on my face for weeks now.

The inconsistent snaps and penetration on the Kicks are clearly affecting him. We can fix that as it has been an issue for 3 straight games.

Reactions: Sarms58

VN Store

Back