Does anyone know if Kyle Alexander will play at the next level?

No, I just don't discredit Kyle any chance I get. Your argument is that I'm right, but you don't like that I'm right so you say I'm wrong because you think I'm wrong.

Because the offense doesn't run through DeAndre Jordan, that means he's not a good rebounder? Literally what are you arguing? He had a role and excelled at it, so he should be faulted for that? It's not like Grant and PJ took every shot, and they were largely in the post anyway if they weren't taking shots. How many offensive rebounds did those two get off their own shots? Should we count that?

We can have a million what ifs, but the reality is he's a better offensive rebounder than them. You and Indy can die on this hill even with the avalanche of evidence proving you wrong, be my guest.
Now you're trying to change the argument entirely with the DeAndre Jordan take. Kyle Alexander doesn't rebound at anything near that level. Then again you tried to compare him to Capella and Rudy Gobert in the past so I know your player comp game is weak. Also rebounding your own miss isn't happening all that often at the college level to overly pad the stats of PJ and Grant like you're trying to imply. This isn't 10 year old rec ball where the biggest kid just holds the ball above his head and keeps shooting until it goes in.

Oh yeah, your James Harden post, there are plenty of people that will say that Kevin Durant is the best scorer in the NBA. You are right though that James Harden averaged the most points. You appear to just box score watch or find a number that fits your argument and roll with it. That's cute.

It’s because Grant was drawing a double team every possession, Einstein.

What about last year when Kyle’s OREB% was 5% better than Grant and 20th in the country? Or in 16-17 when Kyle was still better?

Grants a great player but Kyle’s a better offensive rebounder. And he should be. He’s got four inches and a much longer wingspan

Reactions: AngryButchJones
Kyle was an elite offensive rebounder over the last two years, I don’t understand the argument against that. Seems weird, there’s plenty of things Kyle wasn’t great at in college but he could grab boards on the offensive end.

Now you're trying to change the argument entirely with the DeAndre Jordan take. Kyle Alexander doesn't rebound at anything near that level. Then again you tried to compare him to Capella and Rudy Gobert in the past so I know your player comp game is weak. Also rebounding your own miss isn't happening all that often at the college level to overly pad the stats of PJ and Grant like you're trying to imply. This isn't 10 year old rec ball where the biggest kid just holds the ball above his head and keeps shooting until it goes in.

Oh yeah, your James Harden post, there are plenty of people that will say that Kevin Durant is the best scorer in the NBA. You are right though that James Harden averaged the most points. You appear to just box score watch or find a number that fits your argument and roll with it. That's cute.
I guess the problem is you are too stupid to make a comparison with. Doesn't matter what people say, harden is the best scorer by what the stats say. He had a historic season, to argue anyone else is a better scorer than him currently is incorrect. Doesn't matter who you think could be theoretically or if they we're on a different team, etc. The fact is he's the best scorer. I "find a number that fits my argument" by giving you facts and logic, both seem to go over your head. I'm not arguing talent as that is subjective, I'm arguing an objective fact. KD is more talented in my opinion.

I don't know how many timers I said this, I compared skill sets, not talent. The Jordan example isn't a comparison, just a flaw in your argument. That's Jordan's job is to get rebounds and play defense. Does that discredit his rebounding stats because he isn't a focal point of the offense? Same thing with Kyle.

And it's not about how many of their own shots that they rebound, it's the fact that they do. So that's rebounds that they wouldn't have gotten. Now maybe they make up that difference and some by not having the ball in their hands, but that's a whole lot of conclusions to jump to and compete speculation. I'm talking about real stats, not whatever imaginative scenario playing in your mind.

Don’t know if it means much, but KA starting for the Heat summer league team.

[VIDEO=][/VIDEO]

Don’t know if it means much, but KA starting for the Heat summer league team.

[VIDEO=][/VIDEO]

Means something at least assuming Chris Silva is playing (he didn't, it says coaches decision but I have no idea). Kyle only had 2 points, but had 10 rebounds (another 4 offensive boards), 2 blocks, 2 steals, and plus 20 rating.

I guess the problem is you are too stupid to make a comparison with. Doesn't matter what people say, harden is the best scorer by what the stats say. He had a historic season, to argue anyone else is a better scorer than him currently is incorrect. Doesn't matter who you think could be theoretically or if they we're on a different team, etc. The fact is he's the best scorer. I "find a number that fits my argument" by giving you facts and logic, both seem to go over your head. I'm not arguing talent as that is subjective, I'm arguing an objective fact. KD is more talented in my opinion.

I don't know how many timers I said this, I compared skill sets, not talent. The Jordan example isn't a comparison, just a flaw in your argument. That's Jordan's job is to get rebounds and play defense. Does that discredit his rebounding stats because he isn't a focal point of the offense? Same thing with Kyle.

And it's not about how many of their own shots that they rebound, it's the fact that they do. So that's rebounds that they wouldn't have gotten. Now maybe they make up that difference and some by not having the ball in their hands, but that's a whole lot of conclusions to jump to and compete speculation. I'm talking about real stats, not whatever imaginative scenario playing in your mind.
The problem is that you think you are more intelligent than everyone else and go into typical keyboard warrior mode by calling others out. It's cool though.

As far as James Harden, his usage rate was 11.5% higher than KD, in a system known to attempt to outscore the opponent. KD's true shooting percentage was 63% compared to James Harden's 45%. So is James Harden factually a better scorer, or is he getting more opportunities in a better offense? Swap those 2 and I am willing to bet large sums money that you think KD is the better scorer than Harden. You can't just stat watch bro. Harden had a great season number wise no doubt, but leading the league in scoring doesn't make you the very best scorer. Yet I don't expect you to get that because that would require you to be open minded and actually listen to someone who doesn't agree with you.

Now on to the rebounding discussion. I went back and I don't think I have given Kyle enough credit for his rebounding prowess. Yet I don't think he is as good a rebounder as you try and make him out to be. His ORB% is better than Zion. Do you think he is a better rebounder than Zion? Well, you might actually but nobody else would agree. The problem is you have found a nice stat to back up your point, but you can't just look at one stat and say he is definitively better. It's not as black and white as you believe it is. Against NBA level post prospects, he averaged 2 ORB/gm in 8 games, and against everyone else 2.8/gm. That's a big jump statistically. If he was some elite rebounder, he would have played more than 24 minutes a game.

The problem is that you think you are more intelligent than everyone else and go into typical keyboard warrior mode by calling others out. It's cool though.

As far as James Harden, his usage rate was 11.5% higher than KD, in a system known to attempt to outscore the opponent. KD's true shooting percentage was 63% compared to James Harden's 45%. So is James Harden factually a better scorer, or is he getting more opportunities in a better offense? Swap those 2 and I am willing to bet large sums money that you think KD is the better scorer than Harden. You can't just stat watch bro. Harden had a great season number wise no doubt, but leading the league in scoring doesn't make you the very best scorer. Yet I don't expect you to get that because that would require you to be open minded and actually listen to someone who doesn't agree with you.

Now on to the rebounding discussion. I went back and I don't think I have given Kyle enough credit for his rebounding prowess. Yet I don't think he is as good a rebounder as you try and make him out to be. His ORB% is better than Zion. Do you think he is a better rebounder than Zion? Well, you might actually but nobody else would agree. The problem is you have found a nice stat to back up your point, but you can't just look at one stat and say he is definitively better. It's not as black and white as you believe it is. Against NBA level post prospects, he averaged 2 ORB/gm in 8 games, and against everyone else 2.8/gm. That's a big jump statistically. If he was some elite rebounder, he would have played more than 24 minutes a game.
Kyle's problems to why he didn't play more were his fouling, his lack of aggression on offense, and his lack of strength against stronger bigs. His rebounding, particularly offensive rebounding, wasn't his issue. Again, I don't want you to think I think Kyle was some all American type player, just that he is a very good offensive rebounder and has a skillset that translates pretty well to the NBA. He still has all the other problems with his game though. Kyle might not be better than Zion, but he doesn't have to be to be considered "elite."

On Harden, I want to say this, he's my least favorite player in the league, but he's still the best scorer right now. He's not the most talented, he's not the MVP, and he's certainly not the most efficient. If they let KD take 25 shots a game I'm sure he'd average as much if not more, but harden scored more per 36, and per game. Harden's eFG% was .541 compared to .571 for KD this year, obviously an advantage, but not that large. You also have to factor in their teams as well, KD played with 4 other all stars, harden's second best player is a washed up CP3. He had to take more shots for his team to win.
KD is certainly more talented, and an overall better player (because he actually effects the game defensively), but harden is still a better scorer. Who is the better player is completely subjective and semantics, but harden being the better scorer isn't really.

I'd rather have KD on my team though, because basketball is about more than scoring.

If you get less hung up on comparisons I make, I think we'll agree on more. At least you give some stats to back up an argument with me unlike someone else in this thread.

Kyle's problems to why he didn't play more were his fouling, his lack of aggression on offense, and his lack of strength against stronger bigs. His rebounding, particularly offensive rebounding, wasn't his issue. Again, I don't want you to think I think Kyle was some all American type player, just that he is a very good offensive rebounder and has a skillset that translates pretty well to the NBA. He still has all the other problems with his game though. Kyle might not be better than Zion, but he doesn't have to be to be considered "elite."

On Harden, I want to say this, he's my least favorite player in the league, but he's still the best scorer right now. He's not the most talented, he's not the MVP, and he's certainly not the most efficient. If they let KD take 25 shots a game I'm sure he'd average as much if not more, but harden scored more per 36, and per game. Harden's eFG% was .541 compared to .571 for KD this year, obviously an advantage, but not that large. You also have to factor in their teams as well, KD played with 4 other all stars, harden's second best player is a washed up CP3. He had to take more shots for his team to win.
KD is certainly more talented, and an overall better player (because he actually effects the game defensively), but harden is still a better scorer. Who is the better player is completely subjective and semantics, but harden being the better scorer isn't really.

I'd rather have KD on my team though, because basketball is about more than scoring.

If you get less hung up on comparisons I make, I think we'll agree on more. At least you give some stats to back up an argument with me unlike someone else in this thread.

Harden led the league in PPG but he also led the league in total FG’s and missed FG’s.

Giannis averaged the same amount of made FG’s per game as Harden and he did so on 7 less FG per game. Yes, Harden had the better 3 point % and free throw % between the two, but in terms of efficiency, Giannis was the best scorer in the NBA last season with Harden and Paul George after that.

Reactions: AngryButchJones
Harden led the league in PPG but he also led the league in total FG’s and missed FG’s.

Giannis averaged the same amount of made FG’s per game as Harden and he did so on 7 less FG per game. Yes, Harden had the better 3 point % and free throw % between the two, but in terms of efficiency, Giannis was the best scorer in the NBA last season with Harden and Paul George after that.
Well yeah of course he led the league in missed shots and made shots, he shot way more shots than everyone else.

Of course Giannis was more efficient, he essentially only does dunks and layups. Harden takes more 3s than 2s, but also shoots them more efficiently than Giannis.

Either way, Giannis is certainly not the best scorer. It's not like he's the most efficient person in the NBA. If we're basing it off that, then Rudy Gobert is the best scorer.

I said this earlier, but just because you score doesn't make you an MVP. Giannis effects the game in way more ways than harden does, also was more efficient like you pointed out, was a legitimate defensive player of the year. That doesn't make him the best scorer though. Kevin Durant is a better scorer than Giannis as well.

Well yeah of course he led the league in missed shots and made shots, he shot way more shots than everyone else.

Of course Giannis was more efficient, he essentially only does dunks and layups. Harden takes more 3s than 2s, but also shoots them more efficiently than Giannis.

Either way, Giannis is certainly not the best scorer. It's not like he's the most efficient person in the NBA. If we're basing it off that, then Rudy Gobert is the best scorer.

I said this earlier, but just because you score doesn't make you an MVP. Giannis effects the game in way more ways than harden does, also was more efficient like you pointed out, was a legitimate defensive player of the year. That doesn't make him the best scorer though. Kevin Durant is a better scorer than Giannis as well.

So by your logic Monte Ellis would have had a 2-3 year run as the NBA’s best scorer during his Golden State days.

If we’re talking about SCORING and nothing else, then what does it matter how the points are scored? A fast break layup counts the same as a contested fade-away 15 foot jumper as the shot clock winds down.

This won’t make me popular, but I think it is very likely that GWilliams is the only one of the four to be on an opening day NBA roster this upcoming season.

This won’t make me popular, but I think it is very likely that GWilliams is the only one of the four to be on an opening day NBA roster this upcoming season.
RDK4121 thinks Alexander will be the only one of the four to be on an opening day NBA roster.

Broussard reporting that LeBron has been courting KA to join the Lakers if he doesn’t catch on with the Heat.

RDK4121 thinks Alexander will be the only one of the four to be on an opening day NBA roster.

Broussard reporting that LeBron has been courting KA to join the Lakers if he doesn’t catch on with the Heat.

Ha! Well, we at least know that GW’s contract is guaranteed as a first-rounder.

Yeah well you are an idiot, so that doesn't surprise me. You kept taking L after L in the thread so here you come spouting dumb things all over again. Me and Vols(insert numbers here) have already had this argument. I've said Kyle is a fringe NBA player, that has skills that translate to the NBA. I think he could get a 2-way deal, but most likely probably ends up in the G league.

Grant is for sure going to be on the roster. As ESE said, he's guaranteed anyway, plus he's already better than Yabusele, and I'm think he plays a lot coming off the bench as the PF. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if he starts by the end of the year given Hayward's inability to play the 4.

Admiral will almost certainly be on the roster as well. They're rebuilding right now, so they could use all the young guys they can get. I'm not sure how much he will play, but I think he will play some. I could see him working his way into the rotation at some point.

Bone is on a two way deal, so he won't be I guess.

So by your logic Monte Ellis would have had a 2-3 year run as the NBA’s best scorer during his Golden State days.

If we’re talking about SCORING and nothing else, then what does it matter how the points are scored? A fast break layup counts the same as a contested fade-away 15 foot jumper as the shot clock winds down.
"By your logic." Do you even give a ounce of effort in replies? Seriously, how would Monta Ellis be considered the NBA's best scorer during that time? He wasn't even in the top 5 either year of his two good years. Your idiocy knows no bounds. KD led the league both those years. It doesn't matter how you score them, but Harden scored more points, more frequently (per 36) than anybody else last year and it wasn't even close. Just quit while you are way behind.

Yeah well you are an idiot, so that doesn't surprise me. You kept taking L after L in the thread so here you come spouting dumb things all over again. Me and Vols(insert numbers here) have already had this argument. I've said Kyle is a fringe NBA player, that has skills that translate to the NBA. I think he could get a 2-way deal, but most likely probably ends up in the G league.

Grant is for sure going to be on the roster. As ESE said, he's guaranteed anyway, plus he's already better than Yabusele, and I'm think he plays a lot coming off the bench as the PF. I honestly wouldn't be shocked if he starts by the end of the year given Hayward's inability to play the 4.

Admiral will almost certainly be on the roster as well. They're rebuilding right now, so they could use all the young guys they can get. I'm not sure how much he will play, but I think he will play some. I could see him working his way into the rotation at some point.

Bone is on a two way deal, so he won't be I guess.
I’m an idiot because I have an opinion that differs from yours? Wow, what a sad, sad day on volnation. I really hate to say it but this is a direct reflection upon society. Stop getting so offended. You’re very obviously threatened by my knowledge of the game and my higher-than-average basketball IQ, you have been threatened by me since our first back-and-forth in this thread. Sad, too, because I was planning on taking you and a few others under my wing on here next season. You can kiss that goodbye now!

First, I use stats to support my argument, then what do you do? ALSO use stats to support yours. Come on man, could you be any more jealous of me?

I don’t mind, though. There is a quote about copying people and how it’s actually flattering, I don’t remember how it goes exactly, but I suggest you look it up.

Unbelievable, man. I can’t believe you’re sticking to this argument after all this time. I wasn’t going to say anything, but I actually thought Kyle was one of the worst offensive rebounding forwards we’ve had in awhile. And you can trust me, I watched every game he played in. Just didn’t have the “it” factor.

"By your logic." Do you even give a ounce of effort in replies? Seriously, how would Monta Ellis be considered the NBA's best scorer during that time? He wasn't even in the top 5 either year of his two good years. Your idiocy knows no bounds. KD led the league both those years. It doesn't matter how you score them, but Harden scored more points, more frequently (per 36) than anybody else last year and it wasn't even close. Just quit while you are way behind.

Yep, by your standards “designated scorers” like Monte Ellis and Jason Richardson are better scorers than Giannis.

Or as us basketball minds refer to them “high-volume shooters.”

Have you even heard that term before? And be honest!!

I bet you also think free throws are the same distance in the NBA as they are in college, too, huh? Or that the shot clocks are the same. Or that the size of the basketballs are the same?!

Come on !!!!

Also, KD is in NO WAY a better scorer than the Greek Freak. He simply doesn’t want it bad enough. NEWSFLASH: all he cares about is money!!!!!

I’ll bet you $100 that KD averages less than 15ppg in the 2019-2020 season. If you’re so sure of yourself you will take that bet!!

Also, KD is in NO WAY a better scorer than the Greek Freak. He simply doesn’t want it bad enough. NEWSFLASH: all he cares about is money!!!!!

I’ll bet you $100 that KD averages less than 15ppg in the 2019-2020 season. If you’re so sure of yourself you will take that bet!!
You've lost it kid, go get some sleep.

SO YOU THINK KD WILL AVERAGE MORE THAN 15PPG NEXT SEASON?

ALSO, I ONLY REQUIRE LIKE 4 HOURS OF SLEEP, ITS A HIGH IQ THING, YOU WOULDNT KNOW!!!!!
Yikes dude, you're going off the rails. Did you get hacked? If KD plays, which he probably won't, then he might. Who cares though.

What's your favorite bait? Ever use Red Wigglers?

Reactions: IndianapolisVol

VN Store

Back