Dobbs is not the answer

Wait... wasn't Dobbs "transforming the QB position at Tennessee" a couple of weeks ago?

This is an idiotic post. Please look around at the only player making any plays. He is all alone out there.

Reactions: 3 people
DTO is right....Dobbs continues to miss open reads. He sees about half of the field....it was a problem last year too.

He has added an athletic dimension that has helped, but is limited when its necessary to pass. Teams are starting to key on that....and the o-line doesn't help.

He very well may win the job next season, but will need to improve or he'll see a lot of pressure from the incoming frashmen.

Reactions: 2 people
OL is the issue. Why do our idiot fans not realize this?

Honestly. Dobbs is not a finished product and is playing behind undoubtedly the worst offensive line in the history of organized football. He's the primary reason we have a chance to even get to a bowl.

Tell me where I'm wrong in my post?

Can't believe I have to answer this, but I will. Everything isn't bad as Dobbs is playing alone. No WRs are getting open. That's why they had to throw in a hurt Croom for that endzone play.

Mostly, your TITLE is ridiculous. He is our ONLY answer.

Reactions: 2 people
His throws have been horrible. He doesn't process the defense fast enough either.

Watch for 1 of the early enrolling freshman, to make a big push for PT next year.

I agree. He can make a few plays with his legs but a good defense will shut him down every time.

Can't believe I have to answer this, but I will. Everything isn't bad as Dobbs is playing alone. No WRs are getting open. That's why they had to throw in a hurt Croom for that endzone play.

Mostly, your TITLE is ridiculous. He is our ONLY answer.

Wonderful pass to Croom too. That's a basic jump ball fade pass. The object......throw high. My 4 year old is tall enough to knock that down.

Also, your rebuttal did nothing to refute my argument. All you did was talk about how others weren't performing well. That may be the case, but it still doesn't negate the facts I presented.

Carry on though.

I would like to see anybody play qb behind this oline. I know we cant fire every coach everytime so some of you are frustrated but dont throw dobbs inder the bus. DID YOU FORGET WHAT PETERMAN LOOKS LIKE?

Reactions: 1 person
I agree with the OP. Now that teams have had film of Dobbs and game plan their defenses to minimize his running, we are seeing he is no where near a complete QB. Funny how the same ones trashing Worley are now blaming coaches, offensive line, cheerleaders and probably Smokey for our offensive woes but are ready to fight if anyone tries to blame Worley. He can be exciting to watch run but that isn't going to win championships.

Reactions: 1 person
I would like to see anybody play qb behind this oline. I know we cant fire every coach everytime so some of you are frustrated but dont throw dobbs inder the bus. DID YOU FORGET WHAT PETERMAN LOOKS LIKE?

Nobody is saying to replace him now. The premise of the thread is that he is not the answer longterm. He doesn't read the field well, pre or post-snap. He athleticism has been a change of pace for us....but he is not a complete QB. As said earlier....a good defense can shut him down.

I don't believe the answer at QB is on campus. We'll see if its there in the spring.

VN Store

Back