Do you Run?……Walk?….Bike?…..Swim?

Weather aside, I've had some concern about the condition of my knee the last few weeks. So I've limited myself to walking. Sigh.
I feel ya, got a bad knee, and it limits what I do on the treadmill. I did squats yesterday at the gym, I don't do heavy weight at all, around 100lbs. I had walked 40 minutes though, and then the squats, and it's bothered me today

Stair master 20 minutes a day.

I run for fun sometimes and be alone but for fat burn/cutting or maintenance I do stairmaster level 7.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Got a Peloton for Christmas. Love it so far. Also, trying a different weights routine, shifting to TUT for a couple months. The science looks good.

I went to the pool today, and it was packed with high school swim teams. One coach was very friendly and allowed me to swim in one of his assigned lanes. I really didn’t mind at all. I felt like I was in high school again, swimming next to all those kids. I considered doing the workout they were doing, but the first thing I heard coach say was, “Okay, 300 yard swim as fast as you can.” Me: “No thanks! I’ll stick to my 8x50’s and 8x25’s.” Fortunately, I was able to get in my 2000 yards easily. I thanked the coach again as I left. He was very kind. He didn’t have to squeeze me in there.

Spent about an hour and half doing stuff on saturday. Mile run in a little over 10 minutes. Walked at a quick pace for maybe .5 mile. Did 10 burpees, and then used some playground equipment to suspend myself and trying to hang on to various things. Trying to get prepped for the next Mud Run/obstacle course and play grounds make good tests, just as long as there are no kids around. I still have trouble doing anything above my head. Finished with 10 more burpees, a little more than .5 run back, and 10 more burpees before cooling down.

Of course as I was doing my last burpees I could see some guy doing burpees faster and longer than I could, and he was using a medicine ball too. Really took the wind out of my sails.

My go-to when I have muscle or joint soreness is the stair machine. Such a good workout without putting too much stress on recovering body parts.
I was concerned that I might have re-aggrivated a fracture I had in the region a few years ago (I have an issue with bone density). But, I did a ride last week, and nothing got worse, so that's a good sign.

Still, I'm currently mostly doing 3ish mile walks. Pretty boring.

I swam 2400 yards again today. I decreased my interval time. Did multiple 50 yard swims on :55 seconds instead of one minute, and did my 100s on 1:40 instead of 1:45.

VN Store

Back