Do you Run?……Walk?….Bike?…..Swim?

VolNExile

Unencumbered by the thought process
Well, lol, I sing. This is from an hour and a half rehearsal in the afternoon for a concert tonight. There’s a reason that choral rehearsals were super-spreader events in the early days of Covid!

Note that Fitbit doesn’t have a category for “Singing at full blast without breaking”, so I’ve got it as “calisthenics.” 🙄
1667442035161.jpeg
1667442264887.png

VolNExile

An All Souls Day concert with our itty-bitty church choir and the UNC-Asheville Chorale (hint: hire church choir conductors who also have a college-level choir!) Four of our SJW anthems and then the Fauré Requiem.

In two and a half weeks, Asheville Symphony Chorus singing with the Asheville Symphony at A Night at the Opera performing lickety-split Verdi opera choruses, several of which I remember from Bugs Bunny cartoons. 🤪

Velo Vol

Internets Expert
An All Souls Day concert with our itty-bitty church choir and the UNC-Asheville Chorale (hint: hire church choir conductors who also have a college-level choir!) Four of our SJW anthems and then the Fauré Requiem.

In two and a half weeks, Asheville Symphony Chorus singing with the Asheville Symphony at A Night at the Opera performing lickety-split Verdi opera choruses, several of which I remember from Bugs Bunny cartoons. 🤪
Cool. I'm in a (wind) band and we're all Christmas music now.

VolNExile

Cool. I'm in a (wind) band and we're all Christmas music now.
I love wind ensembles! What instrument do you play?

My handbells choir is starting Christmas music. Church choir will probably start next Wednesday. Symphony Chorus generally sings one concert a year with the symphony, so we’re pretty much at their mercy. Symphony Chamber Chorus (small group) has been working all fall on our Epiphany concert, a polite way to acknowledge that we’re all tied up elsewhere through Christmas. And as soon as the opera thingy is over, I’ll temporarily join Carolina Concert Choir for a concert that’s half Christmas stuff.

Love me some Christmas music!

Velo Vol

Internets Expert
My handbells choir is starting Christmas music. Church choir will probably start next Wednesday. Symphony Chorus generally sings one concert a year with the symphony, so we’re pretty much at their mercy. Symphony Chamber Chorus (small group) has been working all fall on our Epiphany concert, a polite way to acknowledge that we’re all tied up elsewhere through Christmas. And as soon as the opera thingy is over, I’ll temporarily join Carolina Concert Choir for a concert that’s half Christmas stuff.
Man, you got a lot going on.

I play trumpet with Knoxville Community Band. Our last concert was mid-October, and we started on the Christmas program after that. It's in early December, so we have to be ready earlier.

VolNExile

Man, you got a lot going on.

I play trumpet with Knoxville Community Band. Our last concert was mid-October, and we started on the Christmas program after that. It's in early December, so we have to be ready earlier.
That sounds great. I love community music groups. Just wish more people got out and supported them.

The pipeline for new members has been drying up. The K-12 obsession with standardized testing -> teaching to the test has really hurt the arts, both those who participate and those who just enjoy.

Velo Vol

Internets Expert
That sounds great. I love community music groups. Just wish more people got out and supported them.

The pipeline for new members has been drying up. The K-12 obsession with standardized testing -> teaching to the test has really hurt the arts, both those who participate and those who just enjoy.
Unfortunately our group skews a bit older, so we're somewhat removed from the K-12 pipeline.

Yep, concert attendance generally isn't great. The powers that be (band director and the city) don't do a whole lot to promote them. So it goes. I enjoy it nonetheless.

Did about 3ish miles of quasi-jogging this evening. No Strava. I can't push it hard with my joint issues. Plenty warm for T-shirt and shorts in November. Things could be worse.

VN Store