Do You Believe In Love At First Sight?

MAD

Arsenal FC, Detroit Lions
We did something similar a few years ago about ‘nightmare first dates’ and got a lot of wonderful responses here on Volnation.

Hopefully we will get some great stories again, a lot of you are great story tellers.

It can be about you or maybe someone you know or just a story that you had heard.

Some questions below to help get things started.

———————————————————
So, do you believe in love at first sight?

If yes, what did it feel like, is it some kind of electric feeling?

Maybe you thought it was Love at first sight but ended up it wasn’t at all?

Maybe there was that instant chemistry you had with someone but you never acted on it and still regret it to this day?

Maybe it’s what people refer to as finding your soulmate?

————————————————————

Yes. Not necessarily just for "in love". Which I had a feeling about my wife when I first saw her. A friend of mine told me before my oldest was born, "I can't explain how you can love something so much, that you've never met before, the instant you see them", talking about his kid. He was so right, the instant I saw my kids, I would've died for them, that much love the first time I saw them.

Yes. it's fairly common, you know, if you just talk to people about how they met and so forth. For me, I am plenty capable of working through whatever issues occur in the relationship if you get to know each other. If we say 90% of people broke up, that doesn't mean that it's not common. There are billions of people.

As a feeling, I think it's possible for somebody to go to a 10 on your personal hot/crazy matrix while remaining at 5 for everybody else. And when that happens it definitely feels like something. I'm sure it's very different for women, but for a man, it feels like you've seen the most amazing thing in the universe right then.

P.S. My wife listens to a lot of gurus on many subjects, and she's listening to a certain who coaches women DO NOT seek "chemistry" or limerence in a relationship with a man. She says that's just overall bad. I've heard lots of warnings about love, we all have, but not that.

P.P.S. my wife just came in here and i asked her, and she said "I fell in love with the dog at first sight". It's pretty hard not to love a puppy.

Last edited:
My parents are an example. We also get to josh my mom because she dropped her pants the first time she met my dad. Not seedy at all, just a cute story.

Mom worked at a clothing store, Dad got hired and was being walked around and introduced to everyone. Mom was in the back doing some alterations when they came in. She got up to shake hands but was so smitten she dropped the pants she had in her hands that she was working on. Always gets a laugh from our conservative families.

My missus and I are second time arounders. We’d both been dating a few years before we met at her employer’s year end party. I asked her out that night. She demured. I must have made an impression because she asked me out fourteen months later. We’ve been together since that first date. We married some four years later.

Be a skeptic, YV, but I’ve been sweet on my girl since first we met.

Reactions: MAD
When we first seen each other, she had just arrived in Arkansas from Florida. She had a beautiful smile, a super dark tan and long blonde hair that just absolutely got to me. Me? Well, I had just got called into work after two hours of sleep. I had baggy eyes and a severe case of bed head and probably some dried slobber on my cheek. I was a very shy person and she was not.

3 days later we officially met. Her first question to me was "Are you the guy I heard about that likes trampolines and handcuffs?" After my embarrassment wore off, I asked her out and 4 days later we had our first date.

We've been married over 40 years and we are still best of friends and confidants.

Last edited:
My parents are an example. We also get to josh my mom because she dropped her pants the first time she met my dad. Not seedy at all, just a cute story.

Mom worked at a clothing store, Dad got hired and was being walked around and introduced to everyone. Mom was in the back doing some alterations when they came in. She got up to shake hands but was so smitten she dropped the pants she had in her hands that she was working on. Always gets a laugh from our conservative families.
Love that story, very cute 🥰

My missus and I are second time arounders. We’d both been dating a few years before we met at her employer’s year end party. I asked her out that night. She demured. I must have made an impression because she asked me out fourteen months later. We’ve been together since that first date. We married some four years later.
Lucky for her you were still available after 14 months.

Reactions: Tin Man
When we first seen each other, she had just arrived in Arkansas from Florida. She had a beautiful smile, a super dark tan and long blonde hair that just absolutely got to me. Me? Well, I had just got called into work after two hours of sleep. I had baggy eyes and a severe case of bed head and probably some dried slobber on my cheek. I was a very shy person and she was not.

3 days later we officially met. Her first question to me was "Are you the guy I heard about that likes trampolines and handcuffs?" After my embarrassment wore off, I asked her out and 4 days later we had our first date.

We've been married over 40 years and we are still best of friends and confidants.
This is an absolute case that it’s real.

If you go back and read my "worst dating" anthology, you could tell I knew she was different. Or that I realized she was out of my league...
You had so many great stories, zombie girl, stripper girl and my favorite comment was about the mechanical bull .

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Love, idk? Maybe.

The first time I saw my wife I was very struck by her. I spoke a few words to her that night, very few. Nothing more than a sentence or two, I was on my way to work.

I told my roommate the next day that I had met the girl I would marry.

is that love at first sight? Idk.
100% yes 👍

Reactions: allvol123
Met McRib at a valentine's party. Playfully asked her to marry me that night. Even though I was obviously playing, I knew she was the one. I have no idea how I knew...I just knew.

We're in Seattle Celebrating 26 years married this week.

Met McRib at a valentine's party. Playfully asked her to marry me that night. Even though I was obviously playing, I knew she was the one. I have no idea how I knew...I just knew.

Happy anniversary

Reactions: McDad

Congratulations, and wonderful story.

Reactions: McDad
1) Yes to Love at first introduction
2) Yes to an electric feeling
3) Yes to soulmates.....And in my experience it felt like you had known someone forever...

Reactions: LadyVolette and MAD

VN Store

Back