Do You Believe In Love At First Sight?

I was at a sports bar with a girl I had dated a few times. Some friends of hers showed up and I was introduced to my future wife. I fell like a rock for this lady, talked to her the rest of the evening, walked her to her car and was just too stupid to ask her number. I knew the general area she lived and also what car she owned so I drove thru that neighborhood at least a dozen times looking for her car. No luck (she parked inside her garage). So I went back to the sports bar several times but again, no luck. Finally after about 3 months I was in the sports bar shooting pool with a friend of mine and she walks in with this big dude. Told my friend if I have to whip his butt so be it as I'm not leaving here without her and he took one look and said you're on your own. I walked up to her and the giant, told her I'd been looking for her and she replied I'm glad you found me. Turns out the big guy was only a coworker. We were together until her death Mar of 2015. Not a day goes by that she isn't on my mind.

I was at a sports bar with a girl I had dated a few times. Some friends of hers showed up and I was introduced to my future wife. I fell like a rock for this lady, talked to her the rest of the evening, walked her to her car and was just too stupid to ask her number. I knew the general area she lived and also what car she owned so I drove thru that neighborhood at least a dozen times looking for her car. No luck (she parked inside her garage). So I went back to the sports bar several times but again, no luck. Finally after about 3 months I was in the sports bar shooting pool with a friend of mine and she walks in with this big dude. Told my friend if I have to whip his butt so be it as I'm not leaving here without her and he took one look and said you're on your own. I walked up to her and the giant, told her I'd been looking for her and she replied I'm glad you found me. Turns out the big guy was only a coworker. We were together until her death Mar of 2015. Not a day goes by that she isn't on my mind.
Oh my goodness, this is wonderful. Such a beautiful and heartwarming story. For a minute I was worried that you weren’t able to find her after the first encounter. And then how she finally showed up but with someone. Thanks for sharing.

I saw the most beautiful thing I’d ever seen at 15 years old. Tried to talk to her but “she had a boyfriend “. A year later I pushed that girl in the pool at a pool party. (It’s what you did) she wasn’t pleased. 2 years later we saw top gun on our first date. We got married 5 years later and now will have been married 31 years in October.
I still love the red women as much as the first day I saw her.

A4B45CED-FAEB-42F0-9D46-23A7D8FDDDC1.gif

I saw the most beautiful thing I’d ever seen at 15 years old. Tried to talk to her but “she had a boyfriend “. A year later I pushed that girl in the pool at a pool party. (It’s what you did) she wasn’t pleased. 2 years later we saw top gun on our first date. We got married 5 years later and now will have been married 31 years in October.
I still love the red women as much as the first day I saw her.

View attachment 489886
Love your story. Back when you were 15, did she remember you trying to talk to you or was she at all aware that you had feelings immediately?

I would say yes. When I was 18 I meet a girl at a party and told her the second we meet that she was the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen and told my buddy me and her would be together. I had NEVER seen this girl before because she went to a different school, less than a month later we was dating and later ended up married for almost 11 years. I've never felt that way about a girl including my wife now (who I dearly love) at first sight. I think there is a BIG difference between "love at first sight" and "lust" at first sight however..lol

I would say yes. When I was 18 I meet a girl at a party and told her the second we meet that she was the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen and told my buddy me and her would be together. I had NEVER seen this girl before because she went to a different school, less than a month later we was dating and later ended up married for almost 11 years. I've never felt that way about a girl including my wife now (who I dearly love) at first sight. I think there is a BIG difference between "love at first sight" and "lust" at first sight however..lol

5C09B103-043B-4E9B-8DD5-43A5798DFC3F.jpeg

I was 20 and went to the pool to swim some laps. When I walked in through the entrance I was immediately drawn to a woman in the middle of the pool, we made eye contact. She wasn’t swimming, just kind of keeping herself afloat. For me it felt like she was surrounded by a glow. I was so enamored by her. Instead of going into the water I went over to sit in one of the reclining beach chairs to gather my thoughts. The moment I sit down she gets out of the pool which was on the opposite side of where I was sitting. There were plenty of empty places to sit that she passed but she came over and sat right next to me. I got so nervous, didn’t say hi to her or even acknowledge her. She sat there about 5 minutes, we didn’t say a word to each other. Finally she got up and left, probably wondering why I was so rude. Never saw her again. To this day I think there was some chemistry there waiting to happen but I was too shy to act on it.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Don't really believe in love at first sight. Love is a big thing; I'm not sure how you truly love someone you just met. You might really, really like them or be infatuated with them, and that might lead to love down the road, but you don't truly love them at first sight.

What I think people are describing is "I like you and I see this going somewhere" at first sight, which I totally believe in. I felt that when I first met my wife. I think you can know that within 15-30 minutes of meeting someone.

Reactions: MAD
We did something similar a few years ago about ‘nightmare first dates’ and got a lot of wonderful responses here on Volnation.

Hopefully we will get some great stories again, a lot of you are great story tellers.

It can be about you or maybe someone you know or just a story that you had heard.

Some questions below to help get things started.

———————————————————
So, do you believe in love at first sight?

If yes, what did it feel like, is it some kind of electric feeling?

Maybe you thought it was Love at first sight but ended up it wasn’t at all?

Maybe there was that instant chemistry you had with someone but you never acted on it and still regret it to this day?

Maybe it’s what people refer to as finding your soulmate?
————————————————————

I think love at first sight can exist for people who are new to the game. There was a time where I would crush on a hot girl and deal with all kinds of BS because of the physical attraction, but with experience, the BS became an immediate turnoff, no matter how hot. I dated a girl who is still an Instagram model, and she was sweet but the personality was basic. I dated a Brazilian girl who was even hotter than her and she was a bad kisser. Like really, really bad. Lots of ways this stuff can go sideways.

That being said, I was at a Halloween party in college and spotted my future wife and pointed her out to my friend. He already knew her, so instead of being just another sweaty guy at the party hitting on her, I arranged a proper meetup on another night. Here we are 17 years later. I wouldn't say I was in love on sight, but I definitely looked at her as wife material, based on looks.

Reactions: MAD
I think love at first sight can exist for people who are new to the game. There was a time where I would crush on a hot girl and deal with all kinds of BS because of the physical attraction, but with experience, the BS became an immediate turnoff, no matter how hot. I dated a girl who is still an Instagram model, and she was sweet but the personality was basic. I dated a Brazilian girl who was even hotter than her and she was a bad kisser. Like really, really bad. Lots of ways this stuff can go sideways.

That being said, I was at a Halloween party in college and spotted my future wife and pointed her out to my friend. He already knew her, so instead of being just another sweaty guy at the party hitting on her, I arranged a proper meetup on another night. Here we are 17 years later. I wouldn't say I was in love on sight, but I definitely looked at her as wife material, based on looks.
That’s a cool story, good you had patience and decided to wait to meet up another night. Sounds like you found a winner.

I think it's different for everyone. Some people know and some don't. I believe I knew immediately.

When I met my future wife at a fraternity party in February of 1988, I was somewhat out of sorts emotionally. I had come to the realization that my girlfriend at the time was a total psycho. When I first saw this wavy-haired brunette across the party room of our fraternity house, I was completely taken with her. Meanwhile, while the brunette didn't mind talking to me, she also knew about the psycho and was quite concerned about what her reaction might be. The brunette got even more concerned after I invited her into the DJ booth with me and then kissed her out of the blue. That wasn't like me at all, but something just seemed right about it, psycho girlfriend and all.

Somehow, we avoided any major issues with the psycho and the wavy-haired brunette and I got serious within a few months. She accepted my marriage proposal in September of 1989. We got married on June 23, 1990 and are still together 32 years later. She is now blonde with straight hair, but just as gorgeous as ever.

I believe that I kind of picked my husband when I met him, he didn’t stand a chance 😂.. married 24 years.. I was like he’s cute, and he was like ‘she’s cute’ and that was it 😂 when it’s reciprocated on both sides..you are probably going to get married lol.. it didn’t really develop into love, like I understand it now, until much later.. Edit: husband says he knew immediately.. who knows? 😂

Last edited:
I think it's different for everyone. Some people know and some don't. I believe I knew immediately.

When I met my future wife at a fraternity party in February of 1988, I was somewhat out of sorts emotionally. I had come to the realization that my girlfriend at the time was a total psycho. When I first saw this wavy-haired brunette across the party room of our fraternity house, I was completely taken with her. Meanwhile, while the brunette didn't mind talking to me, she also knew about the psycho and was quite concerned about what her reaction might be. The brunette got even more concerned after I invited her into the DJ booth with me and then kissed her out of the blue. That wasn't like me at all, but something just seemed right about it, psycho girlfriend and all.

Somehow, we avoided any major issues with the psycho and the wavy-haired brunette and I got serious within a few months. She accepted my marriage proposal in September of 1989. We got married on June 23, 1990 and are still together 32 years later. She is now blonde with straight hair, but just as gorgeous as ever.
Great story, even with everything going against you, you just knew.

Reactions: HollowaytoSeivers
I believe that I kind of picked my husband when I met him, he didn’t stand a chance 😂.. married 24 years.. I was like he’s cute, and he was like ‘she’s cute’ and that was it 😂 when it’s reciprocated on both sides..you are probably going to get married lol.. it didn’t really develop into love, like I understand it now, until much later.. Edit: husband says he knew immediately.. who knows? 😂
🤣😂🤣 @ your Edit:

Reactions: LadyVolette
I don't know about love at first sight but if you are lucky enough to meet a soulmate you will know immediately. They will also know immediately and thats it for both of you. I met mine 23 years ago and we have seldom been separated for more than a few days and the feeling is the same as day1.

I don't know about love at first sight but if you are lucky enough to meet a soulmate you will know immediately. They will also know immediately and thats it for both of you. I met mine 23 years ago and we have seldom been separated for more than a few days and the feeling is the same as day1.
That’s wonderful, congratulations 👏👏👏

Reactions: SDV
That is exactly right....you know immediately and that is Great that you all found each other 23 years ago....

Tragic but beautiful

Reactions: Tnslim1
I went on a first date with my wife 20 years ago, this upcoming Tuesday. I had just come out of a 5 plus year relationship and my confidence was completely shot. Meeting her was a breath of fresh air and has been for the last 20 years. She is my best friend and I cannot imagine spending another second of my life without her.

I went on a first date with my wife 20 years ago, this upcoming Tuesday. I had just come out of a 5 plus year relationship and my confidence was completely shot. Meeting her was a breath of fresh air and has been for the last 20 years. She is my best friend and I cannot imagine spending another second of my life without her.
Congrats, very inspiring to hear this.

Reactions: SDV

VN Store

Back