Do y'all Trust this staff and its development of players?

I am.

I believe we have the right staff for development. Plus, hiring JC was a great move both developmentally and schematically. But I think the only thing holding us back from success is depth and timing. If we win this season, especially with an upset or two tied with a bowl win...I truly think that will be enough to put us in the correct trajectory to start competing for the SEC.

I trust their development of players. Pretty great track records from nearly all of the coaches on staff. Doesn't automatically mean they'll succeed, but it certainly improves their chances.

The counter-example IMO is Will Muschamp. Muschamp was excellent at player development (at least on the defensive side), but still failed miserably at Florida because he had historically awful offenses.

The Chaney hire gives me a lot more confidence, though. I worried that Pruitt might be a micro-manager in Year 1, but hopefully Chaney reigns that in a bit and he puts his trust in him.

I trust they can develop defensive backs and to some extent linebackers but where we really need development most is in the trenches and we've yet to really see the results. Disappointed Tatum didn't take a bigger step up last year.

In player development I do, but the recruiting at some point HAS to get better. If we are going to hope to compete with the upper echelon of the SEC, we must consistently finish top 10 nationally, top 5 in the SEC in recruiting. Now, that will probably come just by showing significant progress on the field this year but it does concern me a bit that we supposedly have this staff full of ace recruiters, yet we seem to be struggling right now.

Remains to be seen. We also need consistency with staff and cannot lose Chaney or Ansley after one season. If any staff member departs we need to hire someone as good or better.

If coaches start fleeing like they did under Dooley and Butch then NO.

Reactions: 08Vol
Remains to be seen. We also need consistency with staff and cannot lose Chaney or Ansley after one season. If any staff member departs we need to hire someone as good or better.

If coaches start fleeing like they did under Dooley and Butch then NO.
Agree...staff continuity, as long as it's good continuity is critical for a building team...UGA/Bama can churn coaches easier because of their talent base. As long as Chaney does as expected, he's here until he retires...loves K'town. I'd think we'll get at least two years out of Ansley before he takes a HC job somewhere, but, I see DC under Pruitt a little like DC under Saban or Smart...they keep their finger prints on the D, but allow DC to run things, so there's less of a risk of fall-off when a DC leaves. So, as a whole, I'd say we're in a good spot for coordinators over the long haul.

It depends on position. I liked what I saw out of the corners and D. Taylor last year. Some of the other positions (especially on the offensive side of the ball), I didnt see as much development as I'd like.....

Reactions: savannahfan
I don't really think it's a matter of trust for fans. The folks who do the hiring and firing are the ones who needed to have trust/confidence/faith in the coaches hired.

Fans are just along for the ride. We're on the outside looking in. No way for the average fan to know what happens on and off the field. Our only barometer is how the kids play on Saturdays and if they win enough to please the admin.

Seems like this is more an exercise in killing time during the slowest part of the sports calendar for college athletics. I'm glad to have contributed in some small way to the project. Carry on.

Yes, what choice do we have? C'mon the largest predicate of future behavior is past behaviors. This staff is full of winners and winning coaches they SHOULD be able to develop players very well or perhaps in an exemplary way. We have seen one season and can't judge on that one alone. Let's see what happens this season with the Vol football product and next and by then we ought to know.

Reactions: savannahfan

VN Store

Back