Do y'all Trust this staff and its development of players?

Remains to be seen. We also need consistency with staff and cannot lose Chaney or Ansley after one season. If any staff member departs we need to hire someone as good or better.

If coaches start fleeing like they did under Dooley and Butch then NO.

At least we know THIS guy isn't going anywhere! /snark
Friend_Will.jpeg

Reactions: Jack Burton
I'm a believer when belief is warranted.
I'm a doubter when results are wanting.
I'm a believer fleeing the darkness for the light.
I'm a doubter whenever anything is just not right.

Believe we finally have coaches instead of salesmen. So I am encouraged. 7-8 wins can happen. That will be progress

Remains to be seen. We also need consistency with staff and cannot lose Chaney or Ansley after one season. If any staff member departs we need to hire someone as good or better.

If coaches start fleeing like they did under Dooley and Butch then NO.

But why did they start fleeing? I don't think, as we all feel we know the answer to this, has much, if anything, to do with the thread question. THE staff at hand was the subject and can THEY preform in the area of player development.

But why did they start fleeing? I don't think, as we all feel we know the answer to this, has much, if anything, to do with the thread question. THE staff at hand was the subject and can THEY preform in the area of player development.

I think it does. Lots of coaching turnover with a team as young and/or untalented as ours leads to poor development. When coaches were fleeing from Dooley and Butch the spin cycle was turned on. Nobody wanted to believe the assistant coaches were leaving due to inept and stubborn head coaches, but it was true and we suffered for it.

Their background has been around programs that have developed players. I believe the S&C staff is the best thats been here in a long time and the early results (its very early) are that it is improving. The difference between Spring 2018 and 2019 was pretty significant but still not where it needs to be. It is unbelievable how far the program had fallen from the Dooley/Jones debacles.

Yes--mainly because the way our freshman played last year. I think they were a good example of what we can expect from our future rosters.

Reactions: TennMan101
I think it does. Lots of coaching turnover with a team as young and/or untalented as ours leads to poor development. When coaches were fleeing from Dooley and Butch the spin cycle was turned on. Nobody wanted to believe the assistant coaches were leaving due to inept and stubborn head coaches, but it was true and we suffered for it.

I understand what you say and agree. However the question as asked was "this staff" not replacements that may come down the road.

Reactions: Jack Burton
Butch Jones had the "greatest staff in America" and couldn't get it done. Let's see what this season holds. I think this season will show if Pruitt is the coach we all think he is. Minimum 7-5, anything less is disappointing.

Butch Jones had the "greatest staff in America" and couldn't get it done. Let's see what this season holds. I think this season will show if Pruitt is the coach we all think he is. Minimum 7-5, anything less is disappointing.
Self claimed "best staff in America. We see how that worked out.

VN Store

Back