Do we have the only delusional fans that make ridiculous hilarious predictions? 1-2 team is going to blast a Top 10 on the road

that they lose to pretty much every single year.

Reason - we almost beat BYU and beat UTC really bad and lost to Ga State because our coaches didn't prepare.

I remember in the 90's routinely making fun of UGA, KY and Vandy fans who talked smack about us when we owned them the entire decade. Now, many in our fanbase have turned into the same delusional losers those guys were predicting wins and how bad we would be etc.

Good point, better go ahead and cancel the trip like we did when playing ranked Auburn and Kentucky last year...

Reactions: bpalmer28

Reason - we almost beat BYU and beat UTC really bad and lost to Ga State because our coaches didn't prepare.

I remember in the 90's routinely making fun of UGA, KY and Vandy fans who talked smack about us when we owned them the entire decade. Now, many in our fanbase have turned into the same delusional losers those guys were predicting wins and how bad we would be etc.

Herbie was actually talking about this syndrome in the pregame show. He said we hadn't been relevant since 2001, but our fans really believe we're going to be playing in atlanta every year. Think he used the word "nasty" about our next 4 games. Most seem to feel we're likely looking at a 1-6 start.

Reactions: Bigun
Florida doesn't look anything like a top 10 team. If the game is about JG's decision making, UF wins. If somehow the game isn't... UT has a chance.

Might not be top 10, but both UF and UK look much, much better/stonger than UT on the LOS. We'll need to play mistake free ball and get some turnovers/mistakes by UF/UK. A couple of special teams plays like yesterday would also be a big help.

Just keep the game in reach and depend on your special teams. Might be our best chance to pull some upsets this year.

Reactions: tbones0711
U got a hopeful fan here who understand the odds but believes in "ant given saturday". Teams with a bad culture have your mentality that we ain't good enough. Boohoo #GBO

Some know that attitude is one of the most important requirement for success. When your child, spouse, , coworker etc is having problems, do you berate them every possible moment of th day, or do you incourage them and let them know that you are behind them and hope they work harder and succeed in obtaning the goals they and you have set for them. From the posts I read on this board, I doubt that you and the other negative posters do. To those of us who love our family. community, work place, and our Country, creating a positive attitude/atmosphere is the first requirement for obtaining their/our goals. Successful families, companies, religions, and even football teams progress in a positive environment. Why do the some posters on this board not realize this? Why not get behind the football program and at least try to support our football program. Do we not want to help our football program, or do you want to be part of the reason why the team fails? You are who you are and your actions defines you more than any other trait.

Look ... UF is not that good. For that matter, neither is UGA. And Alabama? Vastly overrated.

There’s no reason we can’t win the SEC. we have the players, the fan base, the facilities. I really think we could make it to the BCS.

(Just kidding. But a typical post. Just cut and paste periodically.)

Reactions: CR-vol and Bigun
I’m just at the point thinking they (UF) have a horseshoe lodged in a location only a proctologist could remove!

It’s been that way for years and against several teams that have had their number, then *BAM*, at the last second the opposing team pulls defeat from the jaws of victory. Last nights UK game was no exception. SMH how they get so lucky some times.

This team has faced a lot of adversity and possibly could be coming together. I think the Vols lead slightly at the half (maybe 13-10) against a UF team trying to find its footing without Franks. The second half needs some bounces to go our way to stay with them though. If things go our way, it’s a 3-7 point game, if not UF wins by 17-20. Hopefully the coaches have their best game plan and pregame speeches of the season.

I’m just at the point thinking they (UF) have a horseshoe lodged in a location only a proctologist could remove!

It’s been that way for years and against several teams that have had their number, then *BAM*, at the last second the opposing team pulls defeat from the jaws of victory. Last nights UK game was no exception. SMH how they get so lucky some times.

I think it’s a reflection of better talent with poor coaching. Mullen, Shark lover and Muschamp hold back their talent with bad play calling and then when the game is on the line, the talent just takes over. Generally they are an underachieving team for 3 quarters of almost every game.

And they get lucky.

Well...just for the "hail" of it, I'm joining the dumb posts. We ain't losing to the lizards "pebbles" this season. Here's how it will play out. The first two quarters goes as the majority of folks expect. The limbed snakes push us up and down the field. They make us look hapless. Third-quarter, Pruit & Co. make a decision. They conclude that having nothing more to lose to turn the team loose and let it all hang out. They play with reckless abandon. Wonder of wonders, they actually start scoring points and stopping the belly walkers drives. We see, GASP! can it be!? The passing game enjoying success. This prompts the draconian horde to back off the line and end up being slashed by ou RBs. For the first time, we exhibit a dual one-two punch. Come up and we effectively attack by air. Back off and we Eric-Ty them, plus bam them with our heavier backs from time to time. Hell of a 42 - 38 victory for us.

Make no mistake this is the game that will show us what Pruitt and staff are made of
This one is all coaching
Yep.....Stoops should have punted instead of going for it on 4th down and pinned Gators deep with new QB coming in. Hope Pruitt quits trying to go for it when it means giving up 3 points. I can see attempting it when our team is trailing late in games but he left 6 points on the field against BYU and that cost us a win imo. Take advantage of Cimaglia when the oppotunity presents itself and start perfecting trick plays. Spurrier and Meyer installed winning mentality in UF football and UT needs to get to that level of thinking. Like a poster above stated Kentucky was manhandling UF at LOS and still lost. UT's OL maybe coming around and I'm sure they're gonna be practiced hard this week and a lot of emphasis placed on our run game because we're gonna need it. I just hope to play them close and not give the game away. A win would be terrific. A good coach may try to wet the practice field a time or two because tropical storms are rolling into Fla., to get us used to it. A hot sunny day game will favor the Gators.

Anything can happen. It’s why you play the game.

Having said that, in this thread I haven’t seen one post indicate why Tennessee will beat Florida other than Florida ain’t that good.

Where does Tennessee have a matchup advantage? What will Tennessee exploit? What will Tennessee do that Florida will have trouble with?
Power off tackle to set up playaction on offense. Stop the run and make the new Quarterback make turnovers.

Herbie was actually talking about this syndrome in the pregame show. He said we hadn't been relevant since 2001, but our fans really believe we're going to be playing in atlanta every year. Think he used the word "nasty" about our next 4 games. Most seem to feel we're likely looking at a 1-6 start.
I can handle the losses if it means the team get's stronger and more experienced. We're still young in a lot of areas and have a high ceiling. A good QB would make a heckuva difference and we simply don't have one. I find it hard to fathom that we're in this position. I've noticed a lot of teams have their #1 starter injured already this year and have good back-ups playing competitively while we don't have one. It's just hard to watch.

Look ... UF is not that good. For that matter, neither is UGA. And Alabama? Vastly overrated.

There’s no reason we can’t win the SEC. we have the players, the fan base, the facilities. I really think we could make it to the BCS.

(Just kidding. But a typical post. Just cut and paste periodically.)
Please, don't tarnish the name of Bob Neyland.

I can handle the losses if it means the team get's stronger and more experienced. We're still young in a lot of areas and have a high ceiling. A good QB would make a heckuva difference and we simply don't have one. I find it hard to fathom that we're in this position. I've noticed a lot of teams have their #1 starter injured already this year and have good back-ups playing competitively while we don't have one. It's just hard to watch.

Those programs have more maturity than we do. UF and UK both brought in guys with multiple years in the program. UK is s true junior and UF is a RS junior. We just haven't had the time needed to build that depth. It will come unless we go insane and make yet another coaching change. If that happens before Pruitt gets to flip the roster, the clock starts all over again. Might as well start growing some grass so I'll have something to do on Saturdays.

VN Store

Back