Do we beat Ole Miss this year ?

Nah. Lane has things going the right way down there. Heupel is still trying to get the stench of the previous staff out of the locker room.

With the exception of Auburn a few years back, we seem to catch SECwest teams at their best.

I think we outscore Ole Miss 52-49, but you never know.

That's ridiculous they were 5-5. Bama has nothing to do with this. We talking about OM vs UT. Its not a mismatch at all. Kiffin can call plays, ok so can CJH. UT wasnt a good defense last year. OM was worse then we were. That makes this a toss-up game.
We were 3-7. Listen, I'll be thrilled if we win that game but if we had Matt Corral et al coming back we'd be laughing our arses off at Ole Miss thinking they could beat us with our lot in a new system on both sides of the ball.

As of right now, I'm going to say No. Like many have stated, this is our 1st year in this system but we will have a few games under our belt when we do play so hopefully, we are clicking. If our offense can get going and be like Heupels UCF/Mizzou offenses, then the score may well be something like 65-62

And I’ll add that I think CJH is one of the few that can scheme with Lane. I actually think our guy is more well equipped intellectually. I also think CJH will study the history of our program, become a student and a fan and know that we beat Ole Miss at will when we are playing UT football. At. Will. I think we have a guy that will be able to answer the hard questions about GRN. Nuanced stuff too. I wish I had access to the guy I’d quiz him in public. I bet he’d pass. Just a hunch though. Why? He’s got the humility of a junior college qb that had to work for every damn thing he got/earned. Which was objectively a lot.

Reactions: feathersax
Hell, ya gotta have a little faith. And this is the guy that has lost all faith in the Vols pulling themselves up by their boot straps, and making things happen again. But this is Old P1ss. They hired a total scumbag who left us for USC, his "dream job". Screw him and the horse he rode in on, as well as the one he rode out on. It is time for this nightmare to end. We lost to him while he was Bama's OC. Against all sane odds, it is time to demand a win. And I don't care if they lose every other game next season, Beat the living tar outta Ole Miss. Find a way. Humiliate Lane. I say Yes. And I hope the team is listening.

How can anyone predict this or any other game for this season? We have no idea what this team will be like. Different players.... different coach .....different QB.... different everything. We could lose 72-0. We could win by 4 tds. Noone knows what kind of team we'll have until we see them play a real game on a real field. Imo.

No we won't. Lane has this one circled as a must win for his ego.

Why would it be circled “for his ego”? He left Tennessee in a lurch not the other way around. But, to answer the OP’s question that would be a resounding NO. We won’t beat anyone with a pulse on offense

VN Store

Back