Disturbing chart....

g8terh8ter_eric

No Disassemble!
I know that we get ALOT of talent, but where did we rank after we got that talent?? Here's something I put together that REALLY disturbs me....

Attachments

• ranks.jpg
    ranks.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 34
the talent is there, its just not producing on the field....

Exactly my point. That's the reason I made the chart to show just how off the end of the year polls and the recruiting ranking were. Either way an average of 10 spots IS not exceptable.

Its not that we don't find it disturbing it's just that it's not exactly a revelation. We all know Fulmer is great at getting the talent but is lacking in developing that talent. But I do appreciate actually seeing it on paper...that actually makes it more of a reality as opposed to something that's just understood

I have a hard time believing that if someone else running the show with stated talent would produce the same record as our hero on the hill.

Losing bowl games tends to drop a team to the 15-25 range..... winning the bowl game tends to move 'em up into the top 25.

The bowl win in 2001 vaulted the Vols back to #4.

The 2002 bowl loss dropped the Vols out of the top 25 all together.

The bowl loss in 2003 cost the Vols a shot at being ranked #4.

2004 was somehow different because the Vols got passed in the polls (#15) for 4 weeks and only moved up to #13 after crushing Texas A&M.

I have a hard time believing that if someone else running the show with stated talent would produce the same record as our hero on the hill.

Why not? Jim Dohnan, Bill Curry, Ron Zook, Terry Bowden could all probably do what Fulmer has done with that talent.

So no one else finds the trend to be disturbing huh??? :dunno:
not really, recruiting is guess work. Am I correct in seeing that the final ap is the senior recruiting class from 4 years before? meaning that, to see how a recruiting class did you need to look another 4 years down the list at the final rankings? if so...it's not too bad of a chart. your not going to match those numbers every year.

eric, can you create a 2nd file with the recruiting class year and ranks on the left, then the senior season of that class's final rankings?

For instance, you'd have the 1997 class recruiting rankings on the left, then to the right, have the 2000 final AP and coaches poll?

not really, recruiting is guess work. Am I correct in seeing that the final ap is the senior recruiting class from 4 years before? meaning that, to see how a recruiting class did you need to look another 4 years down the list at the final rankings? if so...it's not too bad of a chart. your not going to match those numbers every year.

You would look 3 years down, because, for instance, the 1997 class played the 1997 season, 1998 class played in the 1998 season, etc.

So, the 1997 class, normally, would be seniors in 2000.

I just did it on my own, and it will make you puke.

EDIT: Strangely enough, 1998 and 2001 were the only 2 years where the final polls were better than the original recruiting rankings. Interesting that we lost 2 games combined.

uttrenddn1.png

VN Store

Back