Disney +

Disney isn’t going to be canceled, ever. They own everything. Still doesn’t make what they did to Gina Carano right

They elevated her to star status, had plans build a corner of the franchise around her but she is just a victim.

Cool. Still doesn’t make it right

Would you support Pascal getting fired for his 2018 tweet?

It’s their right as a private business. If he was warned to tone down his SM rhetoric but decided his voice was more important than his role on the show then he would have to take some personal responsibility for it.

Truth be told, he is probably the most replaceable actor on the show. They’ve only shown his face 3 times for under 5 minutes of screen time.

It was more than one tweet. It was going on for months before they pulled the plug.

Regardless… private company gets to make their decisions.
And people get to react to the reasoning. First I’ve heard that it was a totality of tweets they didn’t agree with. You hear they’re bringing her back? Guess the totality wasn’t so unforgivable after all!

And people get to react to the reasoning. First I’ve heard that it was a totality of tweets they didn’t agree with. You hear they’re bringing her back? Guess the totality wasn’t so unforgivable after all!

I’ve heard rumor but I think that’s all it is. I doubt she comes back. Seems like bridges were set aflame on both ends. I wasn’t calling for her removal but I didn’t lose any sleep over it either.

I’ve heard rumor but I think that’s all it is. I doubt she comes back. Seems like bridges were set aflame on both ends. I wasn’t calling for her removal but I didn’t lose any sleep over it either.

Ok, how the F do you fire her and Bill Burr just gets a total pass.

I think Burr is hilarious but dude has said some really anti-PC things.

Reactions: davethevol
Ok, how the F do you fire her and Bill Burr just gets a total pass.

I think Burr is hilarious but dude has said some really anti-PC things.

If it was up to me I wouldn’t have fired her. But I also don’t care that she was fired. It’s their choice. We

There are only two people involved on the show that would upset me if they were fired. John Favreau and Dave Filoni.

Reactions: NEO

I actually liked her in the role. I tend to like a more strict representation of the source material but I thought she did well.

Feigi is right though. They were trying to skirt racial stereotypes but ended up going a little too far. What’s done is done though.

I wonder if Disney will have her take on the role of the Black Panther.

Shuri does in the comics. At least for a short time while T’Challa is exiled.

I loved Boseman in the role but I do want them to recast T’Challa. The character was always going to put last the actor.

I love it when libs get all libertarian on select issues.
When a private company achieves de facto monopoly status, they begin to lose the ability to make arbitrary decisions. See utility companies for example. Disney isn’t there yet, but Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube are for all practical purposes, monopolies.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
When a private company achieves de facto monopoly status, they begin to lose the ability to make arbitrary decisions. See utility companies for example. Disney isn’t there yet, but Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube are for all practical purposes, monopolies.
Disney is far from a monopoly, but. It sure how that follows. It’s just hillarious when liberals talk about companies being “private” when they fire people they don’t agree with.

Disney is far from a monopoly, but. It sure how that follows. It’s just hillarious when liberals talk about companies being “private” when they fire people they don’t agree with.

Kind of like how it's hilarious how conservatives say private companies can do what they want except when it's something they don't like, then they are suddenly against it?

Reactions: BenGrimm

VN Store

Back