Dismiss the first-string defensive players

Our defense is non-existent! Take the scholarships away from the first string and play the second string!!! We cannot play defense any worse than we did at USC junior! Wanna change attitudes? This is the way you do that!! If they have bad attitudes, send them home!!! Time for a change Mr. Banks!!!!!
Playing the guys, worse then the guys starting, is probably a really bad strategy. And I don't know why you think they would have had a better approach .

Reactions: Stephen Gray
Just onside kick it every time. They’re gonna score anyways so why not take chances to steal possessions Lmao

Reactions: A.J.
If we want to lose the last couple of games I guess we could dismiss the defensive starters. Also probably a bunch of games next season and we will be likely have to find a new head coach again. I mean sure, it’s maybe a little bit risky for the program, but it’ll teach them a lesson!

The whole point of this post was to get the players and the coaches to man up. I hope the players read this and get off their haunches and go to work!

Our defense is non-existent! Take the scholarships away from the first string and play the second string!!! We cannot play defense any worse than we did at USC junior! Wanna change attitudes? This is the way you do that!! If they have bad attitudes, send them home!!! Time for a change Mr. Banks!!!!!
No offense OP, but that's one of the most ridiculous things I've seen posted on Vol Nation....ever and that's saying something.

If we want to lose the last couple of games I guess we could dismiss the defensive starters. Also probably a bunch of games next season and we will be likely have to find a new head coach again. I mean sure, it’s maybe a little bit risky for the program, but it’ll teach them a lesson!
UNLESS what we saw on Saturday was the result of a player mutiny. If the defensive players threw the game in protest of Banks, it’s unforgivable. I don’t believe that would be something you could recover from.

Whatever happened didn’t happen overnight. Something has been brewing and it boiled over. One thing I’m certain of us that it wasn’t simply an off night.

I think all players/ coaches with the last name Banks need to be shown the door after Saturday.
Before you go all in on blowing up the defense coaching staff, do you realize that in addition to the injuries we have had, that in 2021 we lost 6 defensive lineman, 9 linebackers and 4 Db's in the transfer portal. I think we need to give them a little bit of slack and the opportunity to get the depth of players they need.

UNLESS what we saw on Saturday was the result of a player mutiny. If the defensive players threw the game in protest of Banks, it’s unforgivable. I don’t believe that would be something you could recover from.

Whatever happened didn’t happen overnight. Something has been brewing and it boiled over. One thing I’m certain of us that it wasn’t simply an off night.

Whatever it was, how they respond is critical and will tell us something. You can probably fix technical issues much easier than attitudes and focus.

VN Store

Back