Dismiss the first-string defensive players

Well freedom of speech. Just because you disagree does not make you the know all!!

Oh, I'm all for freedom of speech. Just hoping to get some fans still on a bender from Saturday from embarrassing themselves. Think of it as a public sevice.

Reactions: VolsSince78
Hadden I think started the first few games before injury and I think Turnage was injured before the season or he would have been in the mix. Slaughter and Charles were also available. We were actually might have been a tad better there roster wise than we had been recently. Makes the performance even more upsetting.

Wishful thinking on my part that part of the performance could be chalked up to injuries.

Turnage did go out early in the 2nd quarter and didn't come back into the game. That's what I was thinking of earlier and it seems like Slaughter missed some plays too. Could be wrong though.

Brandon Turnage injured in Tennessee football vs. South Carolina

Our defense is non-existent! Take the scholarships away from the first string and play the second string!!! We cannot play defense any worse than we did at USC junior! Wanna change attitudes? This is the way you do that!! If they have bad attitudes, send them home!!! Time for a change Mr. Banks!!!!!
1669219071872.gif

Reactions: N.ohio vol
Our defense is non-existent! Take the scholarships away from the first string and play the second string!!! We cannot play defense any worse than we did at USC junior! Wanna change attitudes? This is the way you do that!! If they have bad attitudes, send them home!!! Time for a change Mr. Banks!!!!!

cmon man

So Russia should execute its soldiers in the field in Ukraine and replace them with new conscripts because their commanders are incompetent?

YES!

and this answer has nothing to do w/ Vol Football.

carry on!

Well freedom of speech. Just because you disagree does not make you the know all!!

Freedom of Speech being the God-Given right to make idiotic statements on a message board and not receive criticism back. That's EXACTLY what James Madison and George Mason had in mind.

Dismissing scholarship players is one way to change attitudes but replacing 4 and 5 star DB's and safeties is another.
Heup needs to poach the transfer portal hard in off-season for defensive secondary improvement. They're out there.

Watch offense v defense efficiency ratings. GA, OSU, Michigan and even TCU are balanced teams and belong in the Top 4 CFP conversation at this point in the season. TN had no business being in the CFP conversation based on their offense-defense efficiency ratio. Quite eye-opening.

He also critiques Tim Banks' resume...not an SEC caliber DC based on where he's coached and accomplishments. He'll probably be replaced after the bowl game.

GBO

We got some of the stupidest folks making threads. We are 9-2, we had a bad game and this thread starting troll yes you are either a troll or ignorant. Anyone that would suggest the entire defense lose their scholarship is so full of it. Our Dfront had a bad game and it magnified our backend play woes. But their quarterback also made a ton of great throws. It was the perfect storm. Let it go. Our D has played well at times. Going into South Carolina we were at and near top 10 in rushing and redzone defense. So just shut up and think before you post garbage trash about our players without knowing any facts. Pathetic trash thread Shane on the mutt job poster! GBO!!!!

Reactions: m1al
WideeyedVapidElephantbeetle-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: A.J.
Stupid

For the life of me, I can’t understand why people think there are nuts in the Tennessee fanbase.

I have expected somene to wear a Planter's Nuts man costume to a game for years. If someone does it, I want pictures. For now, around 6 hours to the draft. In Australia. Excited about that.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
You must be drunk

VN Store

Back