Dilemma !

I'd say time to move on. We will not however unless she misses the NCAA 50-50 chance we might if that happens. Right now I think the AD is still invested and will do everything he can to keep her if she can just produce an NCAA invite.

Reactions: djtee
Investing in Holly would be similar to doubling down on an investment in Enron once it fell from $80 to $50 per share. Investment is going to blow up in your face.....

Reactions: cutiepie5
Fairly low goal for her to be retained. If that is all it will take her to save her job, then she will never be "let go". She will be on the hill until she decides to ride off into the sunset along with program....

Reactions: amorange
“The truth is, no one hurts more when the Lady Vols lose.”

Seems like each Holly story brings up this point, as if that’s reason to keep an underachieving head coach.

No one is saying she doesn’t love the program. People are saying she doesn’t have the tools to fix the issues. This story doesn’t address that at all.

Investing in Holly would be similar to doubling down on an investment in Enron once it fell from $80 to $50 per share. Investment is going to blow up in your face.....

Or, just as the Titanic starts sinking, suddenly making up your mind to go ahead and pay the extra money for an upgrade to first class for the return trip.

No.

Last edited:
I’m very confused by this article. It talks about investing money, but then states we have plenty of money for recruiting and some of the best facilities. The only thing it mentioned we need more money was for Holly’s salary. So the only thing we need to return to national prominence is to pay Holly more??

If we finish with 18 wins, which may be generous, and we get in, there will most certainly be many teams more deserving. If we do not get in and she gets another year, that will tell us where the program stands.

The Missouri game and opening game of the sec tournament will be big factors

I’m very confused by this article. It talks about investing money, but then states we have plenty of money for recruiting and some of the best facilities. The only thing it mentioned we need more money was for Holly’s salary. So the only thing we need to return to national prominence is to pay Holly more??

You get what you pay for. Back up the money truck.

Reactions: T.J.
Or, just as the Titanic starts sinking, suddenly making up your mind to go ahead and pay the extra money for an upgrade to first class for the return trip.

No.

LOL. That's pretty funny. Until you think about how realistic. :-\

If I didn't know HW's coaching skills, or lack of, I would fire after listening to her press conference, no self blame,
throwing players under bus and her favorite line of "I just don't know" Recruiting will die next.

Reactions: Momto2 and T.J.
Well we haven't even had the SEC Tournament and NCAA Tournament (if they make it) collapses yet.

My guess is that they will "amicably" part at seasons end.

If she is underpaid it would make it easy for some other team to steal her. Maybe she is not accepting any other offers at this time? Good coaches are in high demand, I will leave it right there.

As others have mentioned a few times, Fulmer may see himself when he looks at the Holly issue. He knows how he felt, he has a history of knowing Holly for many years. If he truly thinks he was unjustly fired, no way he fires Holly on his own.

As others have mentioned a few times, Fulmer may see himself when he looks at the Holly issue. He knows how he felt, he has a history of knowing Holly for many years. If he truly thinks he was unjustly fired, no way he fires Holly on his own.

Holley has had way more chances than CPF did. He had earned chances and wasn’t given one. Holley inherited an elite program and has turned it into a average program that is painful to watch.

Holley has had way more chances than CPF did. He had earned chances and wasn’t given one. Holley inherited an elite program and has turned it into a average program that is painful to watch.

Even the worst season of the Fulmer era didn’t come close to what’s happened to the level of competitiveness of the Lady Vols on Holly’s watch.

Sure, there was a “dip” under Phil, but I always felt like that COULD have been fixed by Fulmer in a year or two more.

Under Holly, there’s been a collapse that has shaken the program to its core, and as she has said over and over and over again, she “doesn’t know what to do.”

I, for one, believe her.

Reactions: T.J. and BigBadVol
Right now CHW is overpaid for the job she is doing. Why the Media brings the comparison to other coaches in/out of the league is beyond me.

Second, I don't want a coach that will not accept responsibilities for herself and staff's shortcomings.

Third, she seems to blame the players for 90% of the failures regarding, execution and the change of the women's game. In essence, she is blameless.

Fourth, Never have I seen a Team at this level so dysfunctional on the court. It is painful to watch execution at the both ends of the court.

Fifth, if CPHS were alive and saw this she would probably coach them back up to respectable for Free. Glad she is not here to see this. CHW should have been gone 3 to 4 years ago and we extended her and expected different results and it got worse. By definition this equals INSANITY.
Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results...

I feel like the players here deserve our support, but they don't deserve a coach that cannot coach.

VN Store

Back