Dilemma !

Volfan2012

I'd say time to move on. We will not however unless she misses the NCAA 50-50 chance we might if that happens. Right now I think the AD is still invested and will do everything he can to keep her if she can just produce an NCAA invite.

BigOrangeMojo

The Member to Remember
Investing in Holly would be similar to doubling down on an investment in Enron once it fell from $80 to $50 per share. Investment is going to blow up in your face.....

savannahfan

Fairly low goal for her to be retained. If that is all it will take her to save her job, then she will never be "let go". She will be on the hill until she decides to ride off into the sunset along with program....

lvocd

Investing in Holly would be similar to doubling down on an investment in Enron once it fell from $80 to $50 per share. Investment is going to blow up in your face.....
Or, just as the Titanic starts sinking, suddenly making up your mind to go ahead and pay the extra money for an upgrade to first class for the return trip.

No.

Last edited:

Decker Moss

I’m very confused by this article. It talks about investing money, but then states we have plenty of money for recruiting and some of the best facilities. The only thing it mentioned we need more money was for Holly’s salary. So the only thing we need to return to national prominence is to pay Holly more??

mike099

If we finish with 18 wins, which may be generous, and we get in, there will most certainly be many teams more deserving. If we do not get in and she gets another year, that will tell us where the program stands.

The Missouri game and opening game of the sec tournament will be big factors

livefaith

I’m very confused by this article. It talks about investing money, but then states we have plenty of money for recruiting and some of the best facilities. The only thing it mentioned we need more money was for Holly’s salary. So the only thing we need to return to national prominence is to pay Holly more??
You get what you pay for. Back up the money truck.

Duckyvol59

If I didn't know HW's coaching skills, or lack of, I would fire after listening to her press conference, no self blame,
throwing players under bus and her favorite line of "I just don't know" Recruiting will die next.

IPleadInsanity

If she is underpaid it would make it easy for some other team to steal her. Maybe she is not accepting any other offers at this time? Good coaches are in high demand, I will leave it right there.

a vol n tears

As others have mentioned a few times, Fulmer may see himself when he looks at the Holly issue. He knows how he felt, he has a history of knowing Holly for many years. If he truly thinks he was unjustly fired, no way he fires Holly on his own.

BigBadVol

The MojoMofo
As others have mentioned a few times, Fulmer may see himself when he looks at the Holly issue. He knows how he felt, he has a history of knowing Holly for many years. If he truly thinks he was unjustly fired, no way he fires Holly on his own.
Holley has had way more chances than CPF did. He had earned chances and wasn’t given one. Holley inherited an elite program and has turned it into a average program that is painful to watch.

lvocd

Holley has had way more chances than CPF did. He had earned chances and wasn’t given one. Holley inherited an elite program and has turned it into a average program that is painful to watch.
Even the worst season of the Fulmer era didn’t come close to what’s happened to the level of competitiveness of the Lady Vols on Holly’s watch.

Sure, there was a “dip” under Phil, but I always felt like that COULD have been fixed by Fulmer in a year or two more.

Under Holly, there’s been a collapse that has shaken the program to its core, and as she has said over and over and over again, she “doesn’t know what to do.”

I, for one, believe her.

Sudden Impact

Right now CHW is overpaid for the job she is doing. Why the Media brings the comparison to other coaches in/out of the league is beyond me.

Second, I don't want a coach that will not accept responsibilities for herself and staff's shortcomings.

Third, she seems to blame the players for 90% of the failures regarding, execution and the change of the women's game. In essence, she is blameless.

Fourth, Never have I seen a Team at this level so dysfunctional on the court. It is painful to watch execution at the both ends of the court.

Fifth, if CPHS were alive and saw this she would probably coach them back up to respectable for Free. Glad she is not here to see this. CHW should have been gone 3 to 4 years ago and we extended her and expected different results and it got worse. By definition this equals INSANITY.
Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results...

I feel like the players here deserve our support, but they don't deserve a coach that cannot coach.

VN Store

Sponsors