Did you graduate from UT? Degree?

Yes, and share your fond remembrance.
3. I loved the building where we had our class (McClung Museum?) ... it was so cool and quiet and reverent.
2. As a freshman, I took geology which started with the beginning of the world and went up thru the fossil record, and I took Western Civ which began with the earliest agrarian societies and proto-civilizations and went to modern nation states ... then I took cultural anthro, which knitted it all together! We had nothing like this in high school!
1. I remember Dr. Lindquist as being dignified, scholarly, but with flashes of wittiness. I don't know what his private demons and torments were. But he left a good enough impression on me, for me to go to the cultural anthro side of my field of geography. Sorry I did not get to know him better.

Reactions: ptcarter
3. I loved the building where we had our class (McClung Museum?) ... it was so cool and quiet and reverent.
2. As a freshman, I took geology which started with the beginning of the world and went up thru the fossil record, and I took Western Civ which began with the earliest agrarian societies and proto-civilizations and went to modern nation states ... then I took cultural anthro, which knitted it all together! We had nothing like this in high school!
1. I remember Dr. Lindquist as being dignified, scholarly, but with flashes of wittiness. I don't know what his private demons and torments were. But he left a good enough impression on me, for me to go to the cultural anthro side of my field of geography. Sorry I did not get to know him better.
He was a brilliant lecturer.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Would be interesting to see how many people do something related to their major. Mine kind of led me to where I am today but it’s completely unrelated

Both degrees in geology. Worked in the oil biz for 38 years as a geologist for major oil companies. Fondest memory was the 1985 Sugar Bowl in New Orleans.

Graduated from MSU with a bachelor's in Civil Engineering. Spent 8 years at MDOT before taking a job at Gresham Smith, a growing engineering & architecture firm. Left there after 3 years to work with, in my opinion, the best Geomorphologist & River Engineer in the United States. We work together at a small Mississippi-based engineering firm. Currently trying to figure out how to expand our services to Tennessee. If we could generate enough work up up there to justify setting up an office in East Tennessee that would be a dream come true. I've dreamed of retiring in East TN since I was a teenager.

VN Store

Back