Did You Ever Think You’d See......

Tennessee terrible
Florida State terrible
Penn State terrible
Nebraska terrible
Michigan terrible
Texas terrible

Wow.......
USCw and Oklahoma aren't on your list, but the Trojans have been weak for a while now and the Sooners are certainly down this year.

What does that leave? Out of the dozen or so strongest programs in college football, only Bama and Ohio State remain? With Notre Dame, Georgia and Florida a second tier, and newcomer Clemson joining the mix?

With so many proud programs down, perhaps this is the easiest time in history to win national championships. Maybe Bama and Saban aren't all that, they've just had most of the biggest obstacles taken out of their path.

Man, I can't wait to share this theory with the Bama fans in my extended family (one of my wife's aunts and her husband) at Christmas. They're going to LOVE it. :)

All of those teams besides the Vols have sh1tty fight songs.[/QUOTE

Totally agree but as a kid, when Bo was coach, before the Woodson sham and Harbaugh’s shenanigans, I thought Hail to the Victor’s was a Top 10 fight song....JMO

The million dollar question is which one of those blue bloods turns it around first. Personally I think Michigan is in trouble. People are leaving that state by the thousands and their recruiting base is leaving town. Compare that to state of Tennessee who has seen a huge bump in blue chip recruits over the past 10 years especially in the growing Nashville area. Of course, using that same logic FSU and Penn State are both in solid markets, FSU's still vastly superior to our own, so that should benefit those programs. Nebraska is done. They have never had any talent in the plains and can no longer cherry pick other states due to program equity. Texas is the one school that has it all. Talent in their backyard, cash to burn, and a very dedicated fan base and boosters. Honestly, it is only greed that is holding back Texas. They destroyed the Big 12 with greed and now are struggling to find relevance.

But, at the end of the day, it should be Texas who returns to prominence first IMO despite their bumbling.

Parity in recruiting and resources have evened the playing field the last 30 or 40 years.

Going to be harder than ever for teams to go on long runs of dominance like we are seeing in Alabama and Clemson.

I think you can chalk up TN, TX, and FSU struggling due to a string of lousy coaching hires.

Everyone knows what happened to Penn St

Nebraska has no recruiting base and the shift away from running the football and toward drug testing has killed them.

D'Eriq King is the only reason Miami is not on that list.
I think you mean Tate Martell. Obvs, kidding. I really had high hopes for that kid getting it all together. His ego seemed to take a backseat after a few months and I thought his luck would turn. As is the case quite often, I was wrong.

Nebraska has been terrible for a while and I’m not sure it’s coming back. The recruiting landscape has changed too much since the 90s

I'm not sure UT will ever come back. We had the SEC by the throat in 2001, and CPF and Chavis let it slide right through their fingers. Folks need to realize that its been 20 years since we've been relevant on a national stage. An entire generation of football players have only seen us suck. Sad situation indeed. Yet this administration REFUSES to give this program that spark it needs and hire a PROVEN winner. Bargain bin after bargain bin. Yet UT ends up paying what it would for a top notch coach in stupid buyouts. The entire UT administration is incompetent.

I'm not sure UT will ever come back. We had the SEC by the throat in 2001, and CPF and Chavis let it slide right through their fingers. Folks need to realize that its been 20 years since we've been relevant on a national stage. An entire generation of football players have only seen us suck. Sad situation indeed. Yet this administration REFUSES to give this program that spark it needs and hire a PROVEN winner. Bargain bin after bargain bin. Yet UT ends up paying what it would for a top notch coach in stupid buyouts. The entire UT administration is incompetent.
My thought is if they keep him too long, which they will, it's dunzo. If they actually take a chance on someone like Freeze, I think we could come back sooner rather than later. And your last sentence couldn't be more on point.

Reactions: jeff1vol
USCw and Oklahoma aren't on your list, but the Trojans have been weak for a while now and the Sooners are certainly down this year.

What does that leave? Out of the dozen or so strongest programs in college football, only Bama and Ohio State remain? With Notre Dame, Georgia and Florida a second tier, and newcomer Clemson joining the mix?

With so many proud programs down, perhaps this is the easiest time in history to win national championships. Maybe Bama and Saban aren't all that, they've just had most of the biggest obstacles taken out of their path.

Man, I can't wait to share this theory with the Bama fans in my extended family (one of my wife's aunts and her husband) at Christmas. They're going to LOVE it. :)

It's a bit early to include the Trojans. They're undefeated. Haven't played anyone decent but they never will play anyone good this year

VN Store

Back