Did TN pay Pruitt?

Surely, you don't actually think he will ever receive any offers as a head football coach anywhere, do you?
If Butch could do it I think Pruitt could. May need to go through the Alabama rehab program, but yeah why not? I don't think he belongs at this level. He was in over his head the second he did his first interview.

If Butch could do it I think Pruitt could. May need to go through the Alabama rehab program, but yeah why not? I don't think he belongs at this level. He was in over his head the second he did his first interview.

Butch was just a crap coach at the P5 level, not a terrible coach who had his staff cheating so poorly that UT had to fire him with cause to get ahead of the NCAA before the situation blew up.

There's really nothing similar to how and why Butch and Pruitt exited UT, and it's telling that he ended up going to the NFL rather than 'Alabama rehab'. Not even Saban will touch him.

Reactions: VolNExile
There's no way a booster could legally cut a check and make this go away. Sure a booster can write Jeremy a check under the promise that Jeremy would keep his mouth shut. But it wouldn't be enforceable. 2 Parties (coach and booster) cannot enter a contract that impacts a 3rd party (school) without the 3rd parties consent. And with the 3rd party being the University of Tennessee, any written legally-enforceable consent could not be kept private.

More importantly I think some people got to Jeremy and let him know that even if he doesn't plan to return to CFB, this type of tactic would make him un-attractive to NFL teams too. Look no further than what happened with Gruden. Most everyone at that level has buried bodies and they're not going to want to hire the guy who tried to get revenge after being caught cheating.

Sure they could. Pruitt and booster could not obligate the university to take or refrain from taking any action, but they could certainly agree that Pruitt would take no action, agree to a non-disclosure and non-disparagement. They could further agree UT was an intended 3rd party beneficiary of the agreement.

FYI…..Pruitts buddy’s and cousins from sand mountain that were at every game sporting Vol gear despite being Bama fans are still in this forum board. If he gets paid you will know it.. last I heard from friend of one of his buddies was he is telling everyone he will get paid ,,,,, but hasn’t!

Reactions: LETTERMAN88
Anyone find it strange, that UT's self imposed investigation came to an end, at almost exactly the same time of this deadline?

Anyone find it strange, that UT's self imposed investigation came to an end, at almost exactly the same time of this deadline?
Not me...see my earlier post in this thread.
UT had the investigation over and was just waiting on Pruitt to diffuse the situation by wanting payment, meaning he signaled he was willing to settle.

Pretty sure they settled with Pruitt, closed the investigation, and now have it over to the NCAA to do what they will.

I dare say part of the settlement was the report shows recruits getting paid, but Pruitt having "no direct knowledge" in return for a lesser payout.

Not me...see my earlier post in this thread.
UT had the investigation over and was just waiting on Pruitt to diffuse the situation by wanting payment, meaning he signaled he was willing to settle.

Pretty sure they settled with Pruitt, closed the investigation, and now have it over to the NCAA to do what they will.

I dare say part of the settlement was the report shows recruits getting paid, but Pruitt having "no direct knowledge" in return for a lesser payout.

I have it as a no win for him. School money and it is mis-appropriation of official funds, outside money he acquired is all on him. If there is hard evidence it happened and no documented path of money for this purpose by winking school official he is holding the bag.

Reactions: IndianaVol
If there is a payout, can they hide that from public reporting (statutory law)?

UT can’t hide a settlement irregardless who pays it. The liability of the Pruitt contract is still on the books and if it goes away, this has to be reported in the financial statement.

Pruitt has 1 year to file a lawsuit and he’ll probably file it within 2 weeks (before 12/15 signing date)

That's What Ole lady Pruitt is spreading around on Sand Mountain

You live up in Sand Mountain? I have family over in Trenton/Dade County, GA . . . So, I’ve been around there from time to time.

Pruitt’s dad did a real number on the Dade folks by taking the HS coaching job and then running off after one season. A real “character” guy, just like his son.

Jeremy Pruitt - gross. Good riddance.

Go checkout amazingribs.com under tested recipes, then under the veggies heading the recipe for grilled asparagus spears to the heart
I love Meathead! His Amazing Ribs site is Fo Real! I made the dust once, it was ok. I disagree with Dr. Ponder's thoughts on salt though. Gotta put some salt in a rub!

Reactions: DrTNT and tbh
Or he will have to pay UT for the damage he has caused them, big time.
How ya gonna get blood from a turnip? From what I hear, he is paying the NYG to hang out there. Looks like he brought his dumpster fire with him. At least Derek Dooley is on staff too. Please think of every horrible euphemism known to man to describe them.

I love Meathead! His Amazing Ribs site is Fo Real! I made the dust once, it was ok. I disagree with Dr. Ponder's thoughts on salt though. Gotta put some salt in a rub!

I usually do a salt water brine, so the rub works well without the salt since it’s already there when the rub goes on.

VN Store

Back