Did The Feds just admit to having a gun registry?

You have more faith than I do in so called parents these days.

I don't care. If they don't strap their children in, its not my business. I fail to see how extorting a sum of money from this will suddenly make people better parents. It's nanny state crap GV.

Reactions: 1 person
How do you do that when ALL of them are likely to hand over the info?

Plus, watch how fast a company gets the VW treatment once they start advertising that their services are NSA-proof... They would get fined and harassed without mercy.

I don't know; may be a moot point if all the providers are now allowing back doors to their networks. That might even be the best scenario as then, at least, they need a FISA warrant to view particular data they've gathered.

I don't care. If they don't strap their children in, its not my business. I fail to see how extorting a sum of money from this will suddenly make people better parents. It's nanny state crap GV.

They make poor people pay a fine or go to jail (losing time from work) to feed the state revenue stream. Meanwhile, the kid still doesn't have a car seat and the parents have less money and/or a jail record.

It makes sense.

And you have more faith in govt to enforce every significant aspect of our daily lives...

You obviously don't keep up with my posts...

Not that I would expect you to since you make your mind up as to my opinion on things before I even get a thought out.

I wonder what manifesto he got that bull**** from? The government has no responsibility to protect life, it's the individual who is responsible for protecting their life.

You and Defend are a riot. If you want to paraphrase me, something within a mile radius of what I said would be nice.

I did not say you have a right to safety or lack responsibility for your own, but that (to the degree it can) it is government's fundamental responsibility to preserve your life and liberty against others; the Constitution, boys...check it out.

Relating to the original point, that'd be the part about government using a warrant to trace a gun to apprehend criminals...which only the helplessly conspiratorial would have a problem with.

Last edited:
They make poor people pay a fine or go to jail (losing time from work) to feed the state revenue stream. Meanwhile, the kid still doesn't have a car seat and the parents have less money and/or a jail record.

It makes sense.

Actually, charities that will give such seats away seem to be on every corner. As far as I can tell there's no real impediment, other than stupidity.

Reactions: 2 people
You and Defend are a riot. If you want to paraphrase me, something within a mile radius of what I said would be nice.

I did not say you have a right to safety or lack responsibility for your own, but that (to the degree it can) it is government's fundamental responsibility to preserve your life and liberty against others; the Constitution, boys...check it out.

Relating to the original point, that'd be the part about government using a warrant to trace a gun to apprehend criminals...which only the helplessly conspiratorial would have a problem with.

The constitution lmao!!!! I didn't sign shi*

You obviously don't keep up with my posts...

You just defended making car seats mandatory because you lack faith in most parents.

I don't think you can spin it any other way, nor is it open to any other interpretation. Just admit you want govt to protect us from ourselves and keep it moving. That is obviously where you stand on most matters.

How else is this supposed to be understood?

Child safety seats are the responsibility of the parent. A prudent parent should have one imo. Should they be ticketed or even pulled over for not having one? Of course not.

It is not "against others". Maybe that is where we have a gap in our understanding of what The Constitution actually is. The Constitution was not a document to protect your life, liberty and property "against others". It was written to protect life, liberty and property from THE GOVERNMENT...

It is not "against others". Maybe that is where we have a gap in our understanding of what The Constitution actually is. The Constitution was not a document to protect your life, liberty and property "against others". It was written to protect life, liberty and property from THE GOVERNMENT...

They pretty much blew through that just after ratification.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 0
You just defended making car seats mandatory because you lack faith in most parents.

I don't think you can spin it any other way, nor is it open to any other interpretation. Just admit you want govt to protect us from ourselves and keep it moving. That is obviously where you stand on most matters.

Are you kidding me? You really need help.

What about children's car seats? Should those be optional?

Is what I posted, a question. To which DTH replied it should be up to the parents. To which I replied:

Show me exactly where I said they should be mandatory. Show me where I defended making them mandatory. Show the whole forum where I explicitly stated that.

Child safety seats are the responsibility of the parent. A prudent parent should have one imo. Should they be ticketed or even pulled over for not having one? Of course not.

Pretty much your thought on any traffic violation though lol

Are you kidding me? You really need help.

Is what I posted, a question. To which DTH replied it should be up to the parents. To which I replied:

Show me exactly where I said they should be mandatory. Show me where I defended making them mandatory. Show the whole forum where I explicitly stated that.

You didn't say it explicitly, but you leave the impression that because of your lack of faith in parents, you would support laws that would protect children from irresponsible parents.

Let me ask you this then... have you ever pulled anyone over or cited someone for a seat belt or car seat violation? If you have then you have shown what side of the issue you are on.

Indeed. Unless they've caused harm to persons or property, I don't see the problem.

It does present a quandary though. Being that a child is not property and is a person, would the parents getting into an accident that the child is injured or killed be considered "harm" to them?

Should the parents be charged with crime if a child is injured or killed and it could have been prevented?

VN Store

Back