Did The Feds just admit to having a gun registry?

You criticize the administration for not taking steps to prevent terrorism. You criticize the steps they take to prevent terrorism.

Got it.

Of course we criticize an administration that violates the law, can't believe you wouldn't.

Of course we criticize an administration that violates the law, can't believe you wouldn't.

Bush did as much to trample on individual rights as O. In fact, from that perspective they are identical. Kill US citizens, wiretap and surveil US citizens, imprison US citizens, no trial or rights for those prisoners and no appeals or legal mechanism to challenge any of the above.

But you conservative sheep that are so concerned about individual liberties elected Bush twice. Now the liberal sheep have done the same with O who has done nothing be ratify and extend these powers claimed by King George.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Bush did as much to trample on individual rights as O. In fact, from that perspective they are identical. Kill US citizens, wiretap and surveil US citizens, imprison US citizens, no trial or rights for those prisoners and no appeals or legal mechanism to challenge any of the above.

But you conservative sheep that are so concerned about individual liberties elected Bush twice. Now the liberal sheep have done the same with O who has done nothing be ratify and extent these powers claimed by King George.

The difference between a person like me and a person like you is that I have learned my lesson. I wouldn't consider voting for another Bush or similar, you sheep would gladly pull the lever for anoth Obama tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 person
The difference between a person like me and a person like you is that I have learned my lesson. I wouldn't consider voting for another Bush or similar, you sheep would gladly pull the lever for anoth Obama tomorrow.

Never voted for O. Only voted for Bush once.

But you conservative sheep that are so concerned about individual liberties elected Bush twice. Now the liberal sheep have done the same with O who has done nothing be ratify and extend these powers claimed by King George.

But but but, Bush had an (R) in front of his name, so he gets a pass.

Reactions: 4 people
You criticize the administration for not taking steps to prevent terrorism. You criticize the steps they take to prevent terrorism.

Got it.

He immediately goes to gun control for the solution to the problem. I can go to Armslist today and purchase all of the guns I want so can anyone else. The gun control thing left the building once 400 million in ownership was passed. He needs to focus on the problems rather than his political agenda.

He immediately goes to gun control for the solution to the problem. I can go to Armslist today and purchase all of the guns I want so can anyone else. The gun control thing left the building once 400 million in ownership was passed. He needs to focus on the problems rather than his political agenda.

Yeah, that's all that's been done. Gun control.

Reactions: 1 person
I think the difference is that the NSA is tapped into some ISPs and pulling the data directly. If they want to examine those records, they apply to the FISA court for a warrant. For those providers who've not granted such access, again a warrant request.

For tracing a firearm through the FFL, I assume a warrant is also required.

The 2ndA is not a prohibition on creating a registry. Doing so is currently against the law, however.

My brother was a military intel officer in the army doing NSA stuff. He basically said they can get anything they want and most companies freely hand over the info.

Because government hasn't ever abused databases before. Don't fool yourself, it is a database.The only point of having a list is to collect those items at some point in the future. Maybe not this administration, but later on down the road.

I didn't say or imply government never abuses its power, but because it has we don't say "Well no more government". There are those who'd like to prohibit some or all guns, those who genuinely want to mitigate violence, and those who think the 2ndA is a bar to any and all gun-related legislation.

Government's core responsibility is the protection of life and liberty; it is not an elective. We grant government certain powers to do that. If apprehending mass shooters or dangerous criminals means government can obtain a warrant to trace a gun sale, I don't see the problem. Our entire justice system and constitutional rights are balanced by the principle.

My brother was a military intel officer in the army doing NSA stuff. He basically said they can get anything they want and most companies freely hand over the info.

But even the data they collect internally cannot be viewed without FISA court warrant. That is not to say I approve of the FISA court structure, but they can't just crack open their database and start peering.

If companies are found to just hand over data without a warrant, we should punish them in the marketplace. The likelihood of that happening, however, is demonstrated by the reaction to the Snowden leaks and two most senior intelligence officers lying to Congress regarding the extent of data collected; basically a minority were indignant and chewed the ear of representatives, but most sighed, scratched their belly and went back to Dancing With the Stars.

But even the data they collect internally cannot be viewed without FISA court warrant. That is not to say I approve of the FISA court structure, but they can't just crack open their database and start peering.

If companies are found to just hand over data without a warrant, we should punish them in the marketplace. The likelihood of that happening, however, is demonstrated by the reaction to the Snowden leaks and two most senior intelligence officers lying to Congress regarding the extent of data collected; basically a minority were indignant and chewed the ear of representatives, but most sighed, scratched their belly and went back to Dancing With the Stars.

How do you do that when ALL of them are likely to hand over the info?

Plus, watch how fast a company gets the VW treatment once they start advertising that their services are NSA-proof... They would get fined and harassed without mercy.

So, your only candidates at this time are Paul and Cruz?

I didn't say or imply government never abuses its power, but because it has we don't say "Well no more government". There are those who'd like to prohibit some or all guns, those who genuinely want to mitigate violence, and those who think the 2ndA is a bar to any and all gun-related legislation.

Government's core responsibility is the protection of life and liberty; it is not an elective. We grant government certain powers to do that. If apprehending mass shooters or dangerous criminals means government can obtain a warrant to trace a gun sale, I don't see the problem. Our entire justice system and constitutional rights are balanced by the principle.

If governments core responsibility is to protect life and liberty, they've failed miserably.

Reactions: 2 people
If governments core responsibility is to protect life and liberty, they've failed miserably.

I wonder what manifesto he got that bull**** from? The government has no responsibility to protect life, it's the individual who is responsible for protecting their life.

I wonder what manifesto he got that bull**** from? The government has no responsibility to protect life, it's the individual who is responsible for protecting their life.

Same one that says people have a right to safety. The only right to safety you have is the one you provide for yourself.

Did you finish reading what he said? He didn't think anymore highly of the Obama voters than the GWB voters.

VN Store

Back