Did Tennessee tank the game on purpose?

All I know is that after these last two games; if Barnes doesn’t get them to the final 4; he will be forever stuck with a reputation for folding in March. This next few weeks is his last chance to get the monkey off his back

Reactions: Exiled
I would think if a trophy was being handed out, a ring is involved, or a bonus for winning the tournament to the coach is in a contract.....all this would eliminate the thought of tanking.

Miss St played with more urgency like their bball lives depended on it, which it did. Vols definitely were not dialed in and it was a bad matchup. With this team you kind of know what you’re going to get the first few minutes of a game.

Reactions: ArdentVol
They played not to get hurt.

How many times have they been dominated in the Paint, like this?
How many times have you ever seen a Barnes Defense allow free movement into the Paint?
This team was out of character, off ball action was there at times but appeared not to be at full speed.

SEC Tournaments are needed, but you beat Miss State, then face Auburn, then face assumed KY or AL and you have basically ran the same gambit over again. Doesn't make sense to do so and empty the tank going into the tourney. Going 3-1 with the loss to KY at home sucked, but Ky needed more than we did and we did not play well. Figure out the Alternative win they swarm Connect and you have the answer.

We were not playing for a 1 Seed anyway because UNC would have been the anointed one, the only true Blue Blood. Our 2 Seed was a lock.

Rest, stay injury free and move into the Tourney. No team is a given win. Still like our odds regardless of which bracket we fall into.

The NCAA tourney is all about Location, Seeding and Officiating. We will see.

The only reason I thought this might be a possibility, is to get MState in the tournament. I think they were on the first four out and that game may have put them in.

Probably not though.

Vols just got spanked and out hustled. Opponents are going to make is difficult on Knecht so other Vols have to step up and take the pressure off of him or it will be a short March Madness.

They played not to get hurt.

How many times have they been dominated in the Paint, like this?
How many times have you ever seen a Barnes Defense allow free movement into the Paint?
This team was out of character, off ball action was there at times but appeared not to be at full speed.

SEC Tournaments are needed, but you beat Miss State, then face Auburn, then face assumed KY or AL and you have basically ran the same gambit over again. Doesn't make sense to do so and empty the tank going into the tourney. Going 3-1 with the loss to KY at home sucked, but Ky needed more than we did and we did not play well. Figure out the Alternative win they swarm Connect and you have the answer.

We were not playing for a 1 Seed anyway because UNC would have been the anointed one, the only true Blue Blood. Our 2 Seed was a lock.

Rest, stay injury free and move into the Tourney. No team is a given win. Still like our odds regardless of which bracket we fall into.

The NCAA tourney is all about Location, Seeding and Officiating. We will see.

That's a nice fantasy but there is no way this was intentional. The game we saw also happened at TAMU, so it's not like it's unheard of. You think JJJ and Santi are playing some long con by not being able to do a damn thing for many games in a row now?

Like I said, the lengths some of you go to, to try to spin a loss is hilarious. We just got our ass kicked.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
Remember when Kensucky used be number 1 seed and get beat
ESPN always says tournament doesn’t matter

I like watching Caleb Calhoun on the Off The Hook youtube videos, but like Fox News, I take a lot of what he says with a grain of salt; for entertainment purposes only.

Reactions: knox73
I like watching Caleb Calhoun on the Off The Hook youtube videos, but like Fox News, I take a lot of what he says with a grain of salt; for entertainment purposes only.
Wake up, what you said goes for all of it. Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS….and none of it is entertaining :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This is a Thread that should have no life. This is ridiculous! Barnes is not this type of coach. Cheating fans by doing this is not in his Christian testimony. But ya got 77,000 posts so whoop to do. They were for whatever reason not ready whatever.

Wake up, what you said goes for all of it. Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS….and none of it is entertaining :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I don't know...when Rachel Madcow goes off and appears serious it's almost like fans taking Shane "Mayo" Beamer as such.
On topic they didn't! Not in a Barnes team DNA. Regroup and see if the "Barnes" flop in March can be put to rest. GO VOLS!!

I wish that were true, but reality is we got run out of Bridgestone Arena by a team that was much hungrier than we were. For the first time, we saw what this Tennessee team looks like when DK has a normal game (14-points), we get rolled. JJJ & Santi have become a shell of the players they have been for the past 4 years. I hope their mindset changes before next week, but only time will tell. I will be pulling for them to play like they did in Lexington earlier this year and have a long run in the tournament. Go Vols!!!!!

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back