Did Tee Really start this ?

I’ve heard it has been Tee as well but why has Pruitt still not been fired if that’s the case?

Don't know how this thread turned into a "I don't want Tee for HC" thread off of rumors of disconnect within the staff.
I think it stems from why Tee might have started this in the first place... I’ve seen post on his social media that praise Dabo because he is upbeat, a “true leader” that guys would be excited to play for, “let’s his players thrive” and the alike... if anyone thinks that’s not a shot at Pruitt I think you’re kind. That coupled with the way he coaches on the sideline would lead one to believe he feels our leadership and coaching is lacking the above and perhaps he could provide that at Tennessee.

Regardless of Tees coaching acumen or lack thereof, we would have a great slogan almost as good as “Freeze Warning”. With Coach Martin we would say “It’s Tee Time in Tennessee” Break out the Earl Gray and crumpets 😂
And here comes Tee running thru the T lol

You act like UT and USC is the only place he's coached...

What does it matter that he spent 3 years coaching at two other schools before USC? Once to made it to USC he pretty much stopped entertaining any offers of leaving, until he was fired.

I would ask what that reference meant but I'd have to admit I've never seen that show.
Me neither. Haha. I was hoping someone would help out with the reference. I guess we’re in the minority of not having watched it. My friends give me a lot grief since I’ve never seen it.

Reactions: vollygirl
I think it stems from why Tee might have started this in the first place... I’ve seen post on his social media that praise Dabo because he is upbeat, a “true leader” that guys would be excited to play for, “let’s his players thrive” and the alike... if anyone thinks that’s not a shot at Pruitt I think you’re kind. That coupled with the way he coaches on the sideline would lead one to believe he feels our leadership and coaching is lacking the above and perhaps he could provide that at Tennessee.

Cause he recognizes good coaching. Would like if someone was running what you help build in the ground? His son plays for Dabo. He knows Dabo. Dabo and Pruitt are night and day. Who would you want to play or coach for Dabo or Pruitt?

Reactions: goooooovols
A coach is only as good as who he surrounds himself with. Just like a General is only as good as his staff that advises him.

We need a head coach with experience right now to rebuild the program. Until he builds his resume at the smaller schools and proves he is ready for greater responsibilities, then he is all wrong for the job.
What established head coach would want to come here?? We've been down this road before. As good as Peyton was, he could never beat Florida. A good head coach will listen to his position coaches and with their help, make the best decisions. Most of you guys already know what opinions are like. Everyone has one. Go Vols!

Reactions: Ulect
Cause he recognizes good coaching. Would like if someone was running what you help build in the ground? His son plays for Dabo. He knows Dabo. Dabo and Pruitt are night and day. Who would you want to play or coach for Dabo or Pruitt?
That’s what I’m saying he knows what works, he deserves a chance and I think he knows it and I think everyone in the program knows it, he was passed over when we hired Butch, then Pruitt, it’s Tee time IMO, I don’t care if it fails I’d love to see him lead this program.

That’s what I’m saying he knows what works, he deserves a chance and I think he knows it and I think everyone in the program knows it, he was passed over when we hired Butch, then Pruitt, it’s Tee time IMO, I don’t care if it fails I’d love to see him lead this program.
Why does he deserve it? He’s never been a head coach and never really done anything as a coordinator. I don’t want to denigrate him because he’s worked hard and been a good representative of the school, but you’d lose your mind if we hired a candidate like him if he had gone to school anywhere else.

Like him or not, I give Deion props for going out there and putting his $ where his mouth is and taking a HC job where he knows every eye is on him, and many want him to fail. Tee should do the same. Prove his chops as HC of a small(er) school and go up from there. That would give much more evidence thats hes ready for the show.

VN Store

Back