Did anyone else find it regurgitating to pull for Kiffin yesterday??

Please just get over it!

Oh I will, especially with the love and support of such caring Vol Nation fans like yourself. You're the best - could never do it without you. Many thanks for reaching out and understanding my dreadful plight of not being a Lame Kiffin fan. Would it be ok if I send you a golf ball??

It will be in my nature to root against Lame Kiffin for the rest of my life. Despise the guy. Cheap scam artist at best. However, watching the Rebels and Kats playing yesterday, I knew I had to pull for a KY loss. Ugh. Double ugh. The only manly thing I could do though, was to root for injuries to both teams w the Rebels coming out on top.

I respect Kiffin over someone that would root for injuries.

Reactions: Volfanstucknga
Makes strength of schedule stronger. Say we lose one game all year and it’s UGA. UGA goes on to beat Bama and win the SEC. More than once the left out SEC team got into the playoff.

If we are depending on strength of schedule to bolster our postseason prospects, why are we even playing games. I prefer to depend on our team winning and playing games to determine our postseason future. Not rooting for other teams in our division to win...... We are in a better spot now that UK has a league loss.

Strength of schedule helps if you have a one loss Big 10 or ACC trying to get in too.

A 1 loss big ten or acc team that is not the conference champ will not be in playoff. Even more so, an 11-1 SEC team will have better playoff odds because most likely 11-1 Big Ten team will be Michigan or Ohio State and they will have that one loss in the last week of the season meaning they will drop down the rankings whereas our one loss (Bama or UGA) will have happened much earlier.

A 1 loss ACC team that loses in conf champ or regular season will be outside top 6 at minimum.

I just don't get the notion of wanting to root for Kentucky.....

was hoping Kentucky would win...that way they think they are better than they are right before we spank them and rank higher

Im not sure you understand the word "regurgitating", and I was pulling for Kentucky for what I assumed were obvious reasons.

No way will I be for Kentucky! Against anyone! Football, basketball, baseball, rugby. Never ever.. Got that?

I am not a fan of either team, but to the OP - that is appalling, saying you were rooting for injuries to both teams. Just because they wear colors we don’t like or have coaches one harbors disdain for, these players are still just kids playing a game. Human beings. Not machines. They have parents and families that love them.

I am a parent of a young man that you watch play on Saturdays. Football is a dangerous, violent game. I pray in earnest before every game for no injuries to any of the athletes on either team. No matter what school they play for, trust me, they work their asses off to play at this level and you get to be entertained because of it.

How would you like it if you read someone say that they were rooting for your child to be injured? The kids of the other teams have parents that read these boards, too. I usually don’t say anything about posts that I find offensive, because there are plenty of them. But that comment is just wrong on every level. I am assuming you are an adult. Re-evaluate yourself.

Reactions: Volfanstucknga
I won't pull for Kiffin. I'm not one that has to pull for a team. I don't like stoops or kiff. I dislike ky more but I wasn't "pulling for ole miss or Kiffin". It's kind of similar for me when uga and bama play each other.

The only manly thing I could do though, was to root for injuries to both teams w the Rebels coming out on top

Just can't fathom that mentality. These are kids. They train hard and work their butts off. I could never imagine wanting to see a player carted off the field.

Reactions: snarcks
I was pulling for KY as I also want every team we are playing to be undefeated when we play them if possible, or at least only lose to someone else we play.

For example the Pitt win lost some luster when GA Tech beat them this weekend at Pitt.

Reactions: posivol
It was a tough one for me! I wanna play the best at their best, but I wanted Ky to lose. So torn, I don’t even worry about kitten, he’s nothing to me or the Vols.
Newbie you stole my avatar.....change it immediately I have senorita

Really didn't think Lane and Ole Miss could beat UK. Thought the UK defense would carry them to a win. Like others have said, Kiffin is a master of failing up. When he does leave Ole Miss, I hope it's not for another SEC program. Guy needs to be out west and out of our hair.

A good season this yr will set Kiffy up for a new job at a bigger P5 school. My Bama friends say they would take him as Saban's replacement, AU fans are throwing his name around, even saw it listed on the Wisconsin opening. He will leave Miss, that's just what he does. Your correct he has fallen 'up' his whole career.

And I agree with the posters who root against KY, doesn't matter who their playing.

It will be in my nature to root against Lame Kiffin for the rest of my life. Despise the guy. Cheap scam artist at best. However, watching the Rebels and Kats playing yesterday, I knew I had to pull for a KY loss. Ugh. Double ugh. The only manly thing I could do though, was to root for injuries to both teams w the Rebels coming out on top. Am happy though for the Ole Miss fanbase, as they too have been an SEC doormat for decades. Outcome of game was good, but just wondering if anyone else found it regurgitating to pull for Lame??

PS I personally do not think that Ole Miss will win out. They have some stout westerners that plan to give the Rebels a good case of "Lameness".

You know, you don’t have to root for either team.

Watching the game for informational purposes is still fun.

Kiffin is a scumbag but he doesn't live in my head rent free. I was pulling for a Kentucky loss for two reasons.
1. I hate Kentucky.
2. Any loss for an SEC East team helps the Vols.

I wanted Kentucky to win for the same reasons others in this thread did. I wanted an undefeated Kentucky to hopefully shut-up all the "Tennessee is not that good" rhetoric.

I'm from WEST Tennessee...........I don't want ol' miss to ever win another game.....ever............ever

I don't pull for ky, but I was Saturday........not sure who I would pull for if ol' miss was playing russia.....

& yes, I DO have issues.
Go Big RED!

Why anyone pulls against Tennessee opponents is beyond me. I want every team Tennessee plays to have the best record possible before and after they play Tennessee. It only helps.

If we are 11-1, have beaten Alabama and only lost to Georgia, we are almost assuredly making the playoff.
I'm gonna reverse your picks. After watching a little of the Alabama-Arkansas game, the Tide is a very good team, and we will have to play lights out to beat them, and I sorely hope we do. After watching all of the Georgia-Missouri game, and the game last week against Kent State, Georgia does not look as unbeatable as what they were predicted to be. To me, the key against Georgia will be getting the same kind of pressure on Bennett as Missouri did, and score touchdowns instead of field goals.

Same here. I watched the game & didn't care who would win or lose.

I didn't watch the game because I really didn't care who won. My view is that both teams wore the wrong uniform colors, so didn't merit my attention. But I do admit, I wish KY had won because I wanted them to be all puffed up for our game with them just so we could burst their balloon with the loudest pop-bang.

I was hoping KY would win so they had the best record possible when we beat them.

VN Store

Back