Dexter

This is why you've gotta love a show like Breaking Bad. They're ending it when it's truly on top from a writing standpoint. Could you only imagine if Dexter season 5 would have been focused on him being investigated and caught/found out?

Makes me want to throw up, really. Once a pretty decent show turned to garbage. The original writer (said in an interview) that his plan would have been for the entire series to merely be Dexter's life flashing before his eyes with the ending being him sitting in an electric chair. I cannot believe they gave us that crap. I literally laughed.

Reactions: 1 person
The original writer (said in an interview) that his plan would have been for the entire series to merely be Dexter's life flashing before his eyes with the ending being him sitting in an electric chair.

Oh wow. That would have been epic.

You got the sense that what happened to Deb broke him completely, but if they were going to let him live in seclusion I would have liked to see that break from what he was leading toward (which was a feeling, loving, human being) and we'd flash to him just a soulless psychopath killing indiscriminately for his pleasure completely broken until he is eventually caught and fried in the electric chair.

Such a disappointing finale for a once-great series plagued in its final few season by laughably horrible writing.

Somewhere, in an alternate universe, Louis wasn't just a prop for a gangster, Deb is killed much earlier in the series, La Guerta is killed by Mathews...because he knows about Dexter (eliminating the need for Vogel), Quinn finding out about Dexter and snapping after Deb is killed (indirectly leading to Harrison's death) leading to Dexter rampage killing a ton of people. All this happens by the end of season 5 or 6, leaving for the final season, Dexter on the run from the law, leaving bodies in his wake across the country, or even world.

For the series finale, a stunned Dexter runs into a runaway Astrid...who proceeds to give Dexter the full Dexter treatment, drugging and killing him - the camera cuts to black as the knife is plunged into Dexter's heart.

Just watched the finale again, and it was even worse the second time. My goodness it was awful.

Doaks was awesome.

This show was garbage the last couple seasons. Can't say I'm expecting much here. I don't want to see how Dexter deals with being an average suburban father.

I always thought they killed him too soon. That would have been fun to see their relationship play out.
btw how did Prado from Season 3 not know Dexter was the Bay Harbor Butcher?
I always wondered if the actor that played Doaks made someone mad or got burned out. After his character’s death he seemed to disappear from acting for a bit.

I have cautious faith that it will be good. I believe the creators know what kind of reaction fans have given it on the last seasons and they will make sure its decent. This wasnt a rush project so they've had time to ensure its worthy

VN Store

Back