Derrick Ansley Hired as New DB Coach

Seems like good news. Now all we need to do is wait for the junk kick.

Vols play UF today. No matter the sport...it is UF vs UT. I'm always a bit nervous. Hope the team isn't already looking ahead to the monster matchup with the Kats. UF isn't what it was under Billy, but a team can get hot and on any given day.....

This fan has his orange cup firmly in place. Like an AMEX...I don't leave home without it.

Wonder if the mopes complaining that UT is cheap will sing a different tune?
we are willing to pay whatever it takes. Pruitt will not leave us for Alabama(assuming he is successful) as long as Fulmer is the AD. Fulmer has given him his first opportunity AND it appears he has given him nearly everything he needs to be successful.

If Pruitt were to leave us then it would be much easier to get a new coach now that they see we are willing to spend whatever it takes on facilities and support staff.

This whole statement is with the assumption that Pruitt is highly successful and bama comes knocking of course.

we are willing to pay whatever it takes. Pruitt will not leave us for Alabama(assuming he is successful) as long as Fulmer is the AD. Fulmer has given him his first opportunity AND it appears he has given him nearly everything he needs to be successful.

If Pruitt were to leave us then it would be much easier to get a new coach now that they see we are willing to spend whatever it takes on facilities and support staff.

This whole statement is with the assumption that Pruitt is highly successful and bama comes knocking of course.

Another way of looking at things...if Pruitt goes through the fires and tribulation to rebuild something special at UT, would he be inclined to leave it for a job to follow in the footsteps of what is arguably the greatest college football coach the sport has seen at a school where not winning the championship every year is seen as a failure? It's said...and for good reason....you don't want to be the guy who replaces a legend. You want to be the guy who replaces the guy who replaced the legend. Hey, he may want to return to bama when the time comes, but he might just turn out to be like Dabo. Build something grand and enjoy it. Why jump when you have all you want where you are?

Another way of looking at things...if Pruitt goes through the fires and tribulation to rebuild something special at UT, would he be inclined to leave it for a job to follow in the footsteps of what is arguably the greatest college football coach the sport has seen at a school where not winning the championship every year is seen as a failure? It's said...and for good reason....you don't want to be the guy who replaces a legend. You want to be the guy who replaces the guy who replaced the legend. Hey, he may want to return to bama when the time comes, but he might just turn out to be like Dabo. Build something grand and enjoy it. Why jump when you have all you want where you are?
I agree! I don't understand why more coaches don't see things this way.

If we are back to winning games and contending for the SEC year in and year out and recruiting is off the charts every year then I have a hard time believing that (as long as ADPF is in the office) we won't be paying CJP what he deserves and battle to retain him. Hopefully our only issue will be fighting off offers to retain his staff. Build something special, make it a fun enjoyable atmosphere for the entire staff and make it where they don't wanna leave.

I know it hurts nothing at all to just talk about stuff, but for the love of Herbie, I would think we could get to the point of winning 6 or 7 games before we start worrying about losing our coach. I guarantee he ain't going to Bama, or anywhere of his own choice until he wins more than 5.

Lulz.

Reactions: MaTaLa and Boca Vol
I know it hurts nothing at all to just talk about stuff, but for the love of Herbie, I would think we could get to the point of winning 6 or 7 games before we start worrying about losing our coach. I guarantee he ain't going to Bama, or anywhere of his own choice until he wins more than 5.

Lulz.

Every time....Dools to UGA and Butch to UM...now Pruitt already has half his stuff packed up. LOL

Lulz.
I agree in the fact that we, as fans, have no bearing on the sorts of things. But as far as the university goes, when you feel like you have uncovered a diamond in a coach, you better be looking down the road and figuring out how to make your house his home now, regardless of how many games he won last season. Especially when his first home has a coach that should retire in the next 5 or so years.

Reactions: Behr
Every time....Dools to UGA and Butch to UM...now Pruitt already has half his stuff packed up. LOL

Maybe I just don't remember, but it didn't seem like there was as much discussion with those two as it is now. Obviously I remember it being brought up occasionally, but just not discussed this much.

Anyway, no big deal, I'm just messing around waiting on that little girl that called me a moron and an idiot to come back around and see if she's calmed down any.

How you doing? Feeling better about the future of Vol football? (Except for Jurmy leaving for Bama).

Last edited:
Reactions: Boca Vol
Sounds pretty good to me. I like CJP stacking the staff with proven coaches that have Championship rings on their fingers. I hope Terry Fair gets a good job with a top team. VolForLife. I hope this remodeled staff can bring us some rings sooner vs later.
Derrick Ansley

I agree in the fact that we, as fans, have no bearing on the sorts of things. But as far as the university goes, when you feel like you have uncovered a diamond in a coach, you better be looking down the road and figuring out how to make your house his home now, regardless of how many games he won last season. Especially when his first home has a coach that should retire in the next 5 or so years.

Just seems a tad premature, but I get it, honestly I do. Would be awesome if in 5 years from now Alabama is offering Pruitt 12 million and Pruitt say, No Tide No.

Reactions: orange parmejohn
Nah I’m good, i hear things before hand all the time i just sit back and watch things unfold
Seems like CJP may have reached out to Ansley prior to letting Fair go. Pruitt dang sure ain't half-stepping that's for sure. I think Pruitt just settled for Fair knowing he,himself was gonna be hands on with the DB's. He's worked with Ansley before and can trust him. It's an excellent move though.

VN Store

Back