Derek Chauvin trial

GoFundMe Raises More than $688,000 for Teen Who Filmed George Floyd’s Death

A GoFundMe account raised more than $688,000 as of Tuesday afternoon for Darnella Frazier, the teen who caught George Floyd’s death on camera.

GoFundMe Raises More than $688,000 for Teen Who Filmed George Floyd's Death
Wow, the GoFundMe folks are going to make a ton off that kid. I wish people would look at how much the admin fee's are before they donate through them. Would be better to just set up a venmo account.

Reactions: StarRaider
What I don't understand, in this day and age, how could that go undetected by the defense? Who did their vetting? Or was this part of the strategy of knowing there was no way a "not guilty" was going to happen and sort it out after the fact. Seems far fetched and dangerous.

What I don't understand, in this day and age, how could that go undetected by the defense? Who did their vetting? Or was this part of the strategy of knowing there was no way a "not guilty" was going to happen and sort it out after the fact. Seems far fetched and dangerous.
Seems risky

I wondered the same thing. Would seem very obvious to scan the social media accounts of the potential jurors. I’m not on Facebook, but do photos you’re tagged in show up on your timeline?

Reactions: Boca Vol
What an idiot. Are potential jurors under oath when they’re answering questions as part of jury selection? Could he face criminal charges for lying?

It is totally possible for jurors to be charged with perjury during voir dire. It's really rare, but it can happen.

Reactions: 508mikey
So Biden made his comments on the case because the jury had been sequestered. So now what after this case is overturned and they want to retry it?

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
  • Mitchell, a 31-year-old black man, was photographed on social media attending an August 28 protest in Washington, DC at which Floyd's relatives spoke
  • Mitchell is seen in the photograph wearing a t-shirt with a picture of Martin Luther King Jr and the words 'GET YOUR KNEE OFF OUR NECKS' and 'BLM'
Questions have been raised about the impartiality of one of the 12 jurors who convicted Derek Chauvin of murder after it was revealed he attended a rally last summer where George Floyd's relatives addressed the crowd.

A photo, posted on social media, shows Brandon Mitchell attending an August 28 event in Washington, DC, to commemorate Martin Luther King Jr's 'I Have a Dream' speech during the 1963 March on Washington.

It shows Mitchell, a high school basketball coach, standing with two other men and wearing a T-shirt with a picture of King and the words, 'GET YOUR KNEE OFF OUR NECKS' and 'BLM'. He is also wearing a baseball cap printed with Black Lives Matter.

42547172-9539447-image-a-12_1620110745683.jpg

A photo, posted on social media, shows Brandon Mitchell, who is black, attending the August 28 event to commemorate Martin Luther King Jr's 'I Have a Dream' speech during the 1963 March on Washington. It shows Mitchell (far right) standing with two cousins and wearing a T-shirt with a picture of King and the words, 'GET YOUR KNEE OFF OUR NECKS' and 'BLM'

Derek Chauvin juror could have risked the guilty verdict claim experts by attending BLM rally in DC | Daily Mail Online

Reactions: 508mikey
Gofund me is the biggest rip off ever.
No kidding. I had a neighbor's house burn down a few weeks ago and someone started a Gofund me for them even though they had insurance that would cover everything. They raised $30k for someone that didn't need the money.

Im not a legal scholar but having a juror who lied about his bias in the case seems like it would be an open and shut case for a mistrial

The first Vandy rape case had to be retried because a juror was determined to have been the victim of statutory rape 20 years prior. And he didn't exactly lie because he had been in a consensual relationship with his "rapist."

This juror clearly lied, and there seems to be a much bigger conflict of interest.

The first Vandy rape case had to be retried because a juror was determined to have been the victim of statutory rape 20 years prior. And he didn't exactly lie because he had been in a consensual relationship with his "rapist."

This juror clearly lied, and there seems to be a much bigger conflict of interest.
Yeah, the "get your knee off of our necks" slogan on the tee-shirt could be seen by some as a conflict.

VN Store

Back