Delta Variant

I've never been under the impression that the vaccine was a 100% guarantee that you won't get the 'rona, but I was under the impression you have a better chance of getting a milder case. Just like I've always heard about the flu vaccine.

Yeah, nobody should have claimed it was gonna be 100% effective, if they did.

If you are vaccinated, the delta variant will not kill you or send you to the hospital. For those unvaccinated, not so…

View attachment 382492

This is simply not true based on recent reports. Deaths by fully vaccinated are on the rise. 27 in Tennessee as of two days ago. 49 in New Jersey as of four days ago. 80 in Massachusetts. Suspecting these numbers will climb in the short term. Other states are reporting the same. 80 + % (there about) of these are the Delta variant. This vaccine is no guarantee at all. It’s premature to be making proclamations like this.

This is simply not true based on recent reports. Deaths by fully vaccinated are on the rise. 27 in Tennessee as of two days ago. 49 in New Jersey as of four days ago. 80 in Massachusetts. Suspecting these numbers will climb in the short term. Other states are reporting the same. 80 + % (there about) of these are the Delta variant. This vaccine is no guarantee at all. It’s premature to be making proclamations like this.
only number that matters, 99.5% of Covid deaths are unvaccinated.

only number that matters, 99.5% of Covid deaths are unvaccinated.

I understand it’s a small % wrt what I quoted, but prior comments stating “if you get the vaccine you won’t be hospitalized or die” are categorically false based on incoming data. So no, that’s not the only number that matters when proclamations like that are being thrown around. Fact is, we don’t know enough. Worse, we are learning what was just weeks ago unquestionable science is in fact very questionable. Haven’t had the vaccine yet because I’ve had Covid and had antibodies last time I tested, so I’m not an antivaxxer. This stuff needs to slow its roll before declaring any of it gospel truth.

I never heard anything above 94%

Yeah, that's what the CDC announced months ago for risk of hospitalization in fully vaccinated adults 65 and above. Hopefully it is a lower risk for the younger population but I haven't seen the study on that.

Coronavirus Disease 2019

They did also looked at the risk of infection for the full age range and found it to be under 1 in 10 for fully vaccinated.

Coronavirus Disease 2019

Those are pre delta variant numbers but largely encouraging.

Last edited:
Reactions: Orangeslice13
For those not aware, genotyping the virus takes time and is only done at state and national reference labs. There's likely about a 2 week lag in reporting of Delta identification. I bet you will see a larger percentage of cases and deaths in vaccinated individuals over the next few weeks.

It's amazing people piling on the vaccine. The numbers we are seeing are not surprising at all. When you vaccinated over 160 million people then a percent or two can look scary if you aren't informed.
Saw some graph of cases and hospitalizations in the UK (76%ish fully vaccinated, I think) charted since March 2020. Recent cases were pretty high due to increased transmissibility, but the hospitalization line was far lower than it was for any of the peaks a year ago. Seems like a huge success for modern technology and a huge win for capitalism.

It would be interesting to see a comparison of hospitalization rates in the unvaccinated populations but I’m not that interested.

I don't think so. The way it attacked the population centers that it did doesn't make sense to me. For example, explain why NYC and not Mexico City. They live far more densely there. It should have been a wildfire in a paper factory there.

This has been the biggest con since Bernie Madoff, and when the truth comes out (if it ever does) Fauci will be right in the middle of it.
I'm not sure, it cutie very well have been released.

Did it not hit Mexico city hard? Their healthcare system is have vs have nots.

I thought the message before was to get the vaccine in order to avoid COVID?

I think loads of people have avoided the disease altogether by getting the vaccine but we just don't know that number. How do you prove that a fully vaccinated individual is healthy due to the vaccine?

I live in Florida, it’s bad. I really don’t understand how you can say what I see is BS because you have someone in your family who is a physician in Florida.
Do you really believe all of this is a lie?

This is from FOX NEWS Orlando…

About 5,300 Floridians are now hospitalized with COVID, a 65% jump since last week and nearly a tripling since June 14 when 1,845 were hospitalized, the Florida Hospital Association said. Officials have said more than 95% of those hospitalized were not vaccinated.
Florida's COVID-19 hospitalization rate jumps by 65% since last week

I dont watch FOX news. Is all of it a lie? No. Is it being overhyped and overblown? Yes. A friend of mine had to have a medical procedure done recently. He was tested for COVID. He tested negative. He was also tested for the antibodies for COVID. He tested positive for the antibodies because he already had it. Guess what? His positive antibody test was recorded as a positive COVID and he was moved to the COVID floor. But you keep on believing that any number the internet or ne s media gives you is accurate.

VN Store

Back