Delta Variant

OK, so is that going to be the new spin now? The vaccine won't protect you from getting the Delta Variant, but it will minimize the effects??? Really? Do you see why people don't trust "the science" because of all of the shifting and gold post moving?
I've never been under the impression that the vaccine was a 100% guarantee that you won't get the 'rona, but I was under the impression you have a better chance of getting a milder case. Just like I've always heard about the flu vaccine.

Reactions: overseasorange2
Did you feel bad enough to miss work? I know people that had no issues at all and others that felt horrible for a day or so, but not which vaccine they received.

Anecdotally, I've heard the moderna one is rougher than Pfizer. I had a mild headache from the second Pfizer dose. Very minor fatigue from the first dose.

Anecdotally, I've heard the moderna one is rougher than Pfizer. I had a mild headache from the second Pfizer dose. Very minor fatigue from the first dose.
I had the J&J and had zero side effects...the Shingrix one however, floored me for 4 days...I'll definitely get the 2nd dose on a Friday

I do drink more water and beer now…… but I do miss having an ice cold Mtn Dew every now and then.
My taste in beer changed too. I still drink a wide array, but find myself buying Coors original much more often.
Every time I open an original Coors, I feel the need to say "the banquet beer" in a Sam Elliot voice.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
For the record, I am 100% against people being forced to take the vaccines. However, while the mainstream media misreported and mangled the facts in their messaging about the vaccines (as they also do with every other news story), it was always true that taking the vaccines did not necessarily prevent you from getting Covid. They should lower the chances of you getting Covid. However, the primary benefit was that if you contracted Covid, the vaccines should prevent you from becoming so ill that you were hospitalized or killed. You actually had to do some research on the vaccines to find this information, but it was available prior to the launch of the vaccines despite the fact that the mainstream media didn't report those facts (to the shock of everyone). How do I know that? My dad and I both read this information and discussed it extensively before the vaccines launched.
Which brings me back to my question: If the vaccine doesn't guarantee to protect you from the virus and the only other benefit is that it "may" minimize the effects of the virus once you catch it, then why are we moving in a direction of mandating that people get the vaccine? Why can't I just take my chances without the vaccine?

I had the J&J and had zero side effects...the Shingrix one however, floored me for 4 days...I'll definitely get the 2nd dose on a Friday
Ummmmm.......If you got the J&J vaccine, there is no second dose. It's a one-dose vaccine. I got the J&J vaccine as well. Are you talking about a second does of the Shingrix vaccine? If so, I didn't realize it was two doses. I'm not quite old enough to get that one yet.

Which brings me back to my question: If the vaccine doesn't guarantee to protect you from the virus and the only other benefit is that it "may" minimize the effects of the virus once you catch it, then why are we moving in a direction of mandating that people get the vaccine? Why can't I just take my chances without the vaccine?
If that question is directed at me, then you must not have read the opening sentence of my post to which you just responded.

Ummmmm.......If you got the J&J vaccine, there is no second dose. It's a one-dose vaccine. I got the J&J vaccine as well. Are you talking about a second does of the Shingrix vaccine? If so, I didn't realize it was two doses. I'm not quite old enough to get that one yet.
Yeah sorry was talking about the Shingrix 2nd...yeah that was my 50th bday present from my dr..the vaccine, along with a colonoscopy, and he would leave me alone for a year...colonoscopy, other than the prep, was easy...me and the nurse anesthesiologist were talking baseball and the next thing I knew I was in recovery...walked in hospital at 6:30 I was in the Sonic drive thru ordering 2 of everything by 8:10 all good next one in 10 years

Yeah sorry was talking about the Shingrix 2nd...yeah that was my 50th bday present from my dr..the vaccine, along with a colonoscopy, and he would leave me alone for a year...colonoscopy, other than the prep, was easy...me and the nurse anesthesiologist were talking baseball and the next thing I knew I was in recovery...walked in hospital at 6:30 I was in the Sonic drive thru ordering 2 of everything by 8:10 all good next one in 10 years
Hmmm...something to look forward to with the Shingrix vaccine in a few months. I didn't realize it was two doses. My childhood chicken pox was so severe that I was hospitalized for about a week. I'm getting Shingrix as soon as I'm eligible.

Did you feel bad enough to miss work? I know people that had no issues at all and others that felt horrible for a day or so, but not which vaccine they received.
I scheduled my days off to line up with the dose. Had I not, I would have worked on day one but not day two. The first dose I would have worked both days.

So who should he believe? A random guy on the internet that lives in Florida or a physician in his family that lives in Florida?
he said what I am seeing is B.S., how does he know what I am seeing when I live here
/

he said what I am seeing is B.S., how does he know what I am seeing when I live here
/
Again I ask... so who should he believe, a random guy (you) on the internet that lives in Florida or a physician in his family that lives in Florida?

Again I ask... so who should he believe, a random guy (you) on the internet that lives in Florida or a physician in his family that lives in Florida?
I guess you should believe the guy who has said in past posts that the pandemic is over and everything is b.s.

Reactions: overseasorange2
Only around half of incarcerated prisoners are vaccinated.....
Will we see mass releases again to save them from Delta infection?

Only around half of incarcerated prisoners are vaccinated.....
Will we see mass releases again to save them from Delta infection?
They should make everyone being held in border facilities get immunized.

VN Store

Back