Defensive Prospects

At some point the lack of depth may hurt as much as, or more than, it helps. Being able to offer immediate playing time is a plus, but when guys look at the Vols they may be wondering who is going to be their relief. Will they get an opportunity to rest and recover, as they would on a deeper squad? Or will they be worked like a mule until injury or fatigue forces them to the bench? I doubt many prospects would admit that too much playing time might scare them, but I wonder if it weighs in the decision?

I keep thinking about Jomarcus. He turned down a chance to see the field at Tennessee to ride the pine for Auburn.

I keep thinking about Jomarcus. He turned down a chance to see the field at Tennessee to ride the pine for Auburn.

We didn't guarantee a black jersey! That tipped the scales.

...and Morely, McCoy, Rogan, Martin, Myers White, Gerald Williams....it ain't just a legacy and a converted WR Rexster.

I think the defense needs defensive lineman plain and simple, and I certainly do blame Chavis and Fulmer ultimately for the lack of depth. If this season comes down to not having enough d lineman I will certainly be vocal.
The good news...if there is anyone on this team with talent to be a dominant d lineman, Dan Brooks will find him and help him play to his potential.
Thats because there simply is no excuse for it. We really haven't recruited well in the line in awhile now. Lex,we both know it will show up at some point. If not this year certainly down the road. I think phil should have done a total house cleaning and canned johnny last year.

VN Store

Back