Defensive Leaders Should Step Up for a QB Change

Wow where did that come from? The fact you went there says more about what you think than what I've seen anyone else touch on that subject. Please tell us about the plight of the White QB sir. I have all my popcorn waiting for this one.
Actually if you follow anything in the political forum...k-town makes his feelings on color quite clear

To answer your question as to "why"...coaching. Quarterbacks don't develop in a vacuum, or by osmosis. The coach is in charge of personnel, and development. As I have said, it's malfeasance in year 3 to have neither coached up the starters obvious deficiencies, developed a workable backup, nor recruited or transferred in someone you can.

The good news for you and me is that we don't get paid exorbitant amounts of public funds to make, or not make in this case, these types of decisions. That's Pruitt's job...at the moment.

What are you doing to develop your people in a Covid-19 world? No spring practice. No contact over the summer to speak of other than Zoom. Barely got any preseason work in. Now we're ready to fry the coaching staff for lack of development. ok J.G, Maurer and Shrout are what they are. Bailey is TBD.

You don't have to be paid an exorbitant amount of money to figure out that this years team will never get the same amount of reps and opportunities to develop as in a 'normal' year. We shouldn't expect 'normal' year results. I'm not opposed to giving the rest of this season's reps to somebody else. I'm just not a fan of doing it Bama week.

What are you doing to develop your people in a Covid-19 world? No spring practice. No contact over the summer to speak of other than Zoom. Barely got any preseason work in. Now we're ready to fry the coaching staff for lack of development. ok J.G, Maurer and Shrout are what they are. Bailey is TBD.

You don't have to be paid an exorbitant amount of money to figure out that this years team will never get the same amount of reps and opportunities to develop as in a 'normal' year. We shouldn't expect 'normal' year results. I'm not opposed to giving the rest of this season's reps to somebody else. I'm just not a fan of doing it Bama week.

I don't know...maybe we should ask Mark Stoops and Terry Wilson, Eliah Drinkwitz and Connor Bazelak, or Kirby Smart and Stetson Bennett about developing in "a Covid-19 world". I could go on with other examples, but you get the point. Everyone is working under the same conditions. The difference is we are doing it with a 5th year Senior, two Sophomores, and a Freshman...none of which have seemingly improved since stepping on campus. Unfortunately we seem to be the only ones using the Kung-flu as an excuse for a multi-year failure to develop or recruit a workable quarterback solution.

I had no real expectations for this season...everything is topsy-turvy and magnified by an SEC only schedule. But solid coaching, and personnel decisions should be evident in year 3. They're not. And failing to develop or secure a QB sometime in the last 3 years that can perform at an SEC level is inexcusable. He's not THAT good of a defensive mind.

Reactions: 1vol8
Actually if you follow anything in the political forum...k-town makes his feelings on color quite clear
Funny thing when you post things in public forums that could be misconstrued you should be aware of that... you can't expect others to follow you around all the other sections. There was no context to make it sound less suspect. I barked up no tree.. I merely reacted to what was there. If it was meant as a funny inside joke allgood. It's not like I was mad I thought I made it clear in the tone of my post that I found it more entertaining than insulting. If K-town feels some kinda way about my reply they are free to bring it up and we can discuss as adults. I have no problem being wrong. If it was meant in the way it looked though I'd have a big problem letting it pass.

Also if you'd followed my posting over the past 10 years on these forums you know I don't attack people. I normally try to lighten the mood and play the voice of reason. The comment just, I guess, sort of hit a nerve with me during these troubled times. It's hard to explain to someone not in my shoes I guess.

Reactions: whodeycin85
Wow where did that come from? The fact you went there says more about what you think than what I've seen anyone else touch on that subject. Please tell us about the plight of the White QB sir. I have all my popcorn waiting for this one.

I see a couple have already responded but I will since it was my post you replied to initially.

K-Town has infamously always bashed white QB who is going against a Black QB. You have been on here long enough to see that. Maybe you have never noticed, which is understandable. This isn't the first, second or even third time I've called him out on it. It's just boring now. I don't care what color they are, if they suck, they suck. If you noticed one of my posts earlier in this thread where I named my personal top 5, I had 3 black QBs in it. So I don't have any issue with the "plight of the white QB". I have an issue with the "plight" of a horrible QB that keeps getting the majority of, if not all, the playing time.

Isn't top 15? I guess you overestimated our past qbs. He will be top 5 in every qb stat. That would put him in the top ten. We don't have talent around him like past qbs.
This has to be some relative of JG. In no way, shape, or form is JG a top 15 UT QB. There isn't a starting QB in the SEC I wouldn't take over him

I don't know...maybe we should ask Mark Stoops and Terry Wilson, Eliah Drinkwitz and Connor Bazelak, or Kirby Smart and Stetson Bennett about developing in "a Covid-19 world". I could go on with other examples, but you get the point. Everyone is working under the same conditions. The difference is we are doing it with a 5th year Senior, two Sophomores, and a Freshman...none of which have seemingly improved since stepping on campus. Unfortunately we seem to be the only ones using the Kung-flu as an excuse for a multi-year failure to develop or recruit a workable quarterback solution.

I had no real expectations for this season...everything is topsy-turvy and magnified by an SEC only schedule. But solid coaching, and personnel decisions should be evident in year 3. They're not. And failing to develop or secure a QB sometime in the last 3 years that can perform at an SEC level is inexcusable. He's not THAT good of a defensive mind.

UK is exactly where UT is 2-3 with an ugly loss at Mizzou. Terry Wilson isn't lighting the world on fire. He's as inconsistent as JG. Same for Mizzou. They are in no better shape than UT. Bennett looked as inept against Bama and the Dawgs are riding an elite defense. NONE of your examples are more developed or having more success imo.

Recruiting an elite qb has been an issue. 3 stars don't usually cut it in this league. I don't care how much development they get. Yes, I know there are exceptions, but the real chink in our qb armor is that we are just now getting 4 and 5 star qb's to sign again.

UK is exactly where UT is 2-3 with an ugly loss at Mizzou. Terry Wilson isn't lighting the world on fire. He's as inconsistent as JG. Same for Mizzou. They are in no better shape than UT. Bennett looked as inept against Bama and the Dawgs are riding an elite defense. NONE of your examples are more developed or having more success imo.

Recruiting an elite qb has been an issue. 3 stars don't usually cut it in this league. I don't care how much development they get. Yes, I know there are exceptions, but the real chink in our qb armor is that we are just now getting 4 and 5 star qb's to sign again.

Kentucky beat us. That's all I need to say about Terry Wilson.

Bazelak/ Guarantano QBR to this point in season- 89.7 vs 57.9
Bennett, Guarantano QBR to this point in season- 86.5 vs 57.9

The real chink in the armor is that QB's apparently aren't getting developed...not after 2 years on campus, not after 5 years on campus. At some point it can't be all about the Jimmy's and Joe's...somebody has to coach.

VN Store

Back