Defensive Leaders Should Step Up for a QB Change

They are obviously proving it in practice as well.

Take it up with Pruitt.
'
As long as he is starting he must be the best chance to win.
That's idiotic. Running a wildcat package and running would give them a better chance to win than trotting out JG to spot the other team a 14 point lead.

It's actually pretty telling that you are still defending JG after his last two performances. You are nothing but a troll.

It's funny that KTown is now saying JG is the best option. Previously he was singing how great JG is. Now it's just "best option". Even KTown recognizes how bad JG is now but still can't seem to find a way to let go.

First breakups are always hard.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
This defense has one of the worst third down conversion rates in the nation. Almost 50%. There is no pass rush without blitzing.

Still, I’m not following the, “Ok, we suck like hell on offense. On defense, we are stopping the run, but our LBs are slow and not setting edge. DBs are getting run by, and middle of the field is wide open. So, we gonna fire the Dline coach.”
Well to be fair, 2 of our LB’s should be taking handoffs out of the backfield.
If we can’t get a QB ready, who has played the position probably his whole life, why do you think we can turn running backs into serviceable linebackers in one season?
GBO!!

It's funny that KTown is now saying JG is the best option. Previously he was singing how great JG is. Now it's just "best option". Even KTown recognizes how bad JG is now but still can't seem to find a way to let go.

He is not as smart as PulaskiVol fan. At least he is still staying away for the time being.

He is not as smart as PulaskiVol fan. At least he is still staying away for the time being.
That's a good point. Although I still feel those two are intertwined somehow so I'm sure Pulaski knows the rhetoric KTown is spewing. Pulaski has been on the boards since the game.....just smart enough to not post.

He would get a ton of cred if he just popped on and said "Ok...JG needs to be benched". He's typically a solid poster, just weirdly obsessed with defending JGs play.

That's idiotic. Running a wildcat package and running would give them a better chance to win than trotting out JG to spot the other team a 14 point lead.

It's actually pretty telling that you are still defending JG after his last two performances. You are nothing but a troll.
Plot twist, K-town is really JG or a family member.

Reactions: PandamoniumReigns
Defense needs to learn how to stop a slant pass before they worry about who is QB. Based upon his comments ToTo said he was the only one up late watching game film so while the defense is playing well they are a long way from great.

So they should demand the players that they know are worse than JG should play just in the name of making a change?

I guess we should have benched Casey Clausen when he had 4 fumbles in one half.

Makes perfect sense.

Man I’m so sick of comments like this. You just are brainwashed by Pruitt. It’s almost impossible for any of our others qbs to be worse than Jg. Literally...he’s probably the worst qb we’ve ever played here. But Pruitt has to choose to put those others in the game. They can’t put themselves in. None of them are going to have experience until the coach allows them to play. When the qb on the field isn’t good you put in another one. And then another one. Until someone shows that they are capable of playing. That’s the way virtually every other organization in the world does it. But Pruitt keeps saying we have to stick with him because he’s our most experienced. What the hell?!?!

So they should demand the players that they know are worse than JG should play just in the name of making a change?

Makes perfect sense.

JG = CC? Not even close.... Man I remember Casey's 42" vertical running style. He was a baller.

Go out and buy my new book fellas..... a bunch of y’all are mentioned in it. It’s about the posters on VN during the JG era. D0B7F115-56D4-4D3D-BC49-CF625324FF2C.jpeg

Reactions: TGVol
There is NOBODY worse than JG.
JG the worst QB in Tenn history. There is not another SEC team that he would even see the field on. Not so sure any Div2 team. How can it be we have the worst QB , QB coach and the worst OL coach in the SEC.

You really hate White QB's don't ya? Clausen had already established himself as a very good QB, something JG has yet or will ever do.

We honestly don't know if the backups are that bad bc they never get a full chance to succeed. I'm all for letting Shrout play a whole game without fear of being pulled for a mistake and see how he performs. You know, the same that JG gets.

Shrout is not an SEC QB, he’s just not good enough and he just can’t resist throwing into double coverage
Next QB up?

Shrout showed he can with the quick int.

Maurer showed he can last year.

Do people not remember beyond one game or something?

Bailey is the only other qb that should even be discussed. If he is ready give him a shot.

The other guys don't play for a reason.

True. But this speaks to two problems. QB development (or lack thereof), and QB recruiting. Pruitt has had every chance to move on from JG.

We know JG stinks. Sure Shrout do the worst possible thing, but why throw a QB in and put him in that position. It’s obvious our line has issues. Apparently having four 5 stars (One of which has been touted as best in the country) and another handful of four stars available on the Oline is not enough.
The common denominator. JG. This team is not behind him. It’s evident by the lack of interaction on sideline.

If JG is your best, then the staff should all be fired today. They’ve had enough time to fix the QB position.

Hmmm, weird flex given that the offense keeps them on the field the entire second half of games. Have a little perspective.

Shocking how much this wild theory of playing 45 mins a game and wearing down is to folks..Smh D ain’t great but we’re Mkst def better than majority of teams I’ve seen.Hard when ur offense goes 2-13 on third downs and sh*t.Im more worried about who the hell hasn’t developed a qb and why he’s still got a job!

Reactions: EODVOL
All ya gotta do to convince K-town of BMs ability is download the games...change BM skin to black...and he will he in here within minutes praising him...
lmao.

He isn't good.

I don't remember Bailey being Black. JG is not Black either. What are you talking about?

I said he played bad. No defense. He had a bad game and a half. He had a perfect first half vs the best d in the country.

I have always said that. He has never been great, He has the most potential and talent. He gives us the best chance to win.

When Bailey or Salter change that then great.

There is NOBODY worse than JG.
He isn't even the worst on the team or in the 5 worst starting qbs of the last decade.
Man I’m so sick of comments like this. You just are brainwashed by Pruitt. It’s almost impossible for any of our others qbs to be worse than Jg. Literally...he’s probably the worst qb we’ve ever played here. But Pruitt has to choose to put those others in the game. They can’t put themselves in. None of them are going to have experience until the coach allows them to play. When the qb on the field isn’t good you put in another one. And then another one. Until someone shows that they are capable of playing. That’s the way virtually every other organization in the world does it. But Pruitt keeps saying we have to stick with him because he’s our most experienced. What the hell?!?!

So in other words you just started watching UT?

JG the worst QB in Tenn history. There is not another SEC team that he would even see the field on. Not so sure any Div2 team. How can it be we have the worst QB , QB coach and the worst OL coach in the SEC.
I guess you just started too.

Makes perfect sense.

Lol. What?

Clausen had ONE bad game. HALF of JG's games are bad. Those players may be worse than JG in practice, but there is absolutely no way in Hell that all of them are worse than him in-game.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

VN Store

Back