Defending 5A Smyrna High School defeats Wilson Central (headed to Knoxville)

Bearden and Smyrna might have been the two "best" teams left but Indy can hang with them. The experience factor will certainly go to Smyrna however.

...... An onside kick is as lucky as the 3 turnovers Bearden had. One was recovered for a TD by Wilks. Bearden just got a lot of bad breaks - and we all know a lot about that. The game could have easily been 17-0 in Bearden's favor without those 'lucky' mistakes. It was pretty obvious to everyone, excep you maybe, that the defenses were amazing in this game - but Bearden's offense screwed up which is out of character.. so they lost.

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here though... I gave credit to Smyrna for being the better team last night so no point in dragging this out. Seems like you're just in this thread to troll and nothing more.

Did Smyrna not "cause" those turnovers?

Did Smyrna not "cause" those turnovers?

No - the major one that Wilks returned for a TD was unforced. Thanks for trying though.

The other two you could make a case for - but I'm not so sure about one of them.

But really - nice try! :clapping:

how did Wilks look in the game?

the first time he touched it he took it 60 yards the other way. it was a punt return. also had a fumble return for a td. in the passing game he caught one long pass and a few short ones, but overall they didnt pass too much so he didnt get the ball as much as normal. he played corner on d instead of safety where he played most of the season. he's a solid tackler and has layed some big hits this year.

So, yes, two of them were forced by Smyrna. Thank you.

No - unless you consider Ainge's retarded pass in Baton Rouge in 2005 "forced" by LSU. Stop being so ignorant. You're just here to provoke and nothing else. Troll.

Thanks again.

Oh, ok. Didnt know all Bearden's TO's were Ainge-esque flings from the back of the endzone. Smyrna won and was better than Bearden.

I didn't say they were. But not ever turnover is because of the defense. Most are usually an offensive mistake. That being said - yes they were better than Bearden. That's about the 6th time I've said that.

:mf_surrender:

VN Store

Back